“Our girls weekend was made extra special by the staff!”

Hilton Garden Inn Fargo
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We arrived during a very busy peewee hockey tournament for a girls getaway weekend. We were treated like our stay was just as important as the 100's of other hockey families. Tony surprised us with a beautiful room and fruit/cheese/crackers and a bottle of wine! We enjoyed our stay immensely and will surely only stay at the Hilton Garden Inn when visiting Fargo. On our departure we had the pleasure of meeting the Hotel GM Mr. Halverson. He too wanted to know if our stay was satisfactory. He praised his staff for being responsible for our great stay. Obviously it starts at the top and he was proud to say they were the best! We agreed! Thank you! We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Tracy,

Thank you so much for your review about our hotel. I am thankful that you've shared your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We always try our best to treat every guest like they're our own family. Sometimes, on weekends like this hockey tournament (128 hockey teams in Fargo, ND!), it can be difficult to accomplish, so I am happy to see that you felt this way.

Tony is an excellent example of our team members. Each one does whatever he or she can do to make each stay special. We don't always have whirlpool rooms available, but we try to do whatever it takes to make sure each guest is 100% satisfied.

Thanks again for taking the time to post this review. We look forward to having you back again in the future!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is the only hotel I've stayed at on my business trips to Fargo. It's centrally located and easy access are starter pluses but the overall treatment by the staff is amazing! :) I was there 2 weeks ago and it snowed the entire day and all night (shocker right?)... While having breakfast the next morning, we looked out and realized the hotel staff had scraped and cleared all of the guests windshields! It was amazing and a great help to everyone that morning! When I tell that story to friends and co-workers, everyone is in Awe! Top Notch!! I love it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Malanda,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your kind words about our staff! We really are blessed with some awesome team members here at HGI Fargo. They are all dedicated to ensuring 100% guest satisfaction on a daily basis.

We actually look forward to snow here at our hotel, because it is another great chance to serve our guests. We generally get out to clear sidewalks and the snow off cars by 6 or 7 am, no matter the day of the week. Whatever it takes to make sure our guests are taken care of from the moment they enter our hotel, to the moment they leave our grounds!

We look forward to having you back again Malanda! Until then, take care!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here for business as I was presenting to a group whose conference was held at the hotel. Prior to arriving my executive assistant called to inquire if all the beds were the "garden inn" mattresses. I travel a lot and really find those mattresses uncomfortable. Lisa Richter took the time to listen and assured my admin, that she would do everything she could to make the bed comfortable. Lisa said they would put a special mattress pad on the bed. When I arrived the shuttle van was broken so they had arranged for a taxi to pick me up, and it was very nice, clean, I believe the name of the cab company was Go-go. The staff who greated me were very nice and went i got to my room, I found a note on the bed from Josh Erickson, wishing me a good nite's sleep on the bed. Then in the bathroom there was a charming little duck!
This is a wonderful hotel, no reason to stay anywhere else in Fargo!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Liz,

Thanks for posting a review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor! I am happy to see that you enjoyed your time here. We were happy to be of service to you during your stay, and hope to have the chance to host you at our hotel again in the future!

We take all guest requests very seriously, no matter what it might be, so bringing a mattress pad up to your room before you got here was a no-brainer for us - whatever it takes to make sure our guests are 100% satisfied!

Regarding the taxi ride, the name of the company is GoCab Taxi, and they have partnered with us now for about a year, and many of our guests have similar comments about their experience with GoCab. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to their owners.

We hope to see you again! Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was not happy to see the two hockey teams that had just arrived prior to us checking in. We thought about going somewhere else but the front desk assured us that they have taken measures to make sure our stay would be fine. There were young hockey kids all over the hotel but at 10 p.m. they were encouraged to use the kid zone area. It was amazing as I wouldn't have known that there were kids there at all. The kid zone area looked like a lot of fun and we had a wonderful stay. The only downfall was that we couldn't use the pool or hot tub due to all the kids. The exercise room was great and the kids weren't allowed in there. The breakfast buffet was simply wonderful too. Fresh fruits and veggies was a real treat.

Room Tip: It's very close to the mall if you are looking to shop.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Dawn,

Thanks for your review of our hotel! We had quite a weekend with 4 hockey teams in our hotel. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay even amongst the craziness of International Squirt Hockey!

We do have our KidZone out every weekend, so not just on hockey weekends. Our hotel wasn't really built with kids and families in mind (Hilton Garden Inns are known more for catering toward business travelers), so we have to work a little harder to make it family and kid-friendly on the weekends. We have pool toys in our pool and KidZone as well, to make sure all guests (no matter the age!) always feel welcome in our hotel.

We will be looking at possibly having our pool open a little longer on the weekends for adults only. It is input from guests like yourself that really helps us get better every day! Thank you!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I use this hotel frequently for business and it is perfect. the frontdesk staff is always willing to help and the breakfast staff is wonderful. I've even held large events for up to 40 people and the experience with event staff was ideal. They worked with my budget and timing, making the event go off without a hitch.
having the bar in the lobby is a nice touch too after a long day on the road.

Dear Chris,

Thanks so much for your kind words about our hotel. We take pride in both our rooms and our convention center, so I'm glad to see that you had great experiences on both ends of our facility!

We are always trying to make sure our guests are 100% taken care of, whatever the request may be. We try to provide much more than just a room to sleep in, or a room to meet in.

If there's ever anything more we can do for you, don't hesitate to ask!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel room, while not overly big was sufficient in size. The whole hotel was clean, quiet, and relaxed. The location was good for both shopping and restaurant access. The breakfast, though not fancy, had most everything you might ask for with made to order items as well as buffet items. Good value here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Janet,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to see that you noticed the cleanliness of our hotel, and also our great location. We are just a couple blocks away from West Acres, and many great restaurants are located within 5 minutes of our hotel.

I will make sure to let our staff know that we have another happy and satisfied guest as a result of their hard work and determination.

Have a great day!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. There was an International Kids Hockey Tournament going on in the city and the hotel was booked with hockey teams. We were a bit worried about possible noise, but the staff in combination with parents were very good at keeping things under control after 10pm, and by 11pm it was quiet. The main problem with the room was that the bed was really uncomfortable. It had a firmness adjustment, but I think it was basically hard and "marble-slab" setting. The other problem was that the heating system didn't keep the room a consistent temperature all night. It fluctuated between a hot and cold all night.

Room Tip: The beds with firmness adjustments are extremely FIRM only
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Randal,

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review on our TripAdvisor page. I am glad that you observed a few positive things about our hotel, in our staff and room cleanliness. We take great pride in both our service level and cleanliness of rooms and hotel public areas.

I am sorry to hear that you did not sleep well on our Garden Sleep System bed. You are right in that they are adjustable, however many guests say they tend to feel firm at first, then more comfortable and softer after lying on them for a few minutes. We do have some soft mattress pads available for those who may not like the feel of the bed. Sometimes this makes a great deal of difference in our guest's quality of sleep. If you come back again sometime, just let the front desk know and we can get one for you!

Regarding the temperature in the room, our HVAC units do the best they can in regulating the temperature during our cold North Dakota winters. That being said, I will have our maintenance team take a look at that particular unit, as well as the bed, to ensure it is working properly as well.

If you have any further concerns or would like to discuss your stay with me, feel free to call me at 701-499-6000 or email me at erickson@raymondteam.com.

Thanks!