“Outstanding service”

Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Beardsley, MN
“Outstanding service”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I, inadvertantly, made a mistake with my reservation dates. My reservation had been rebooked upon arrival. Matt, at the Front Desk, went out of his way to find us a room at a different hotel. Every hotel was booked due to a Nat'l Wrestling Tournament, but he managed the impossible for us. Kudos to Hilton's customer service!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sedi H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
To our Guest from Beardsley,

Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am not sure exactly what happened during your stay, but I'm glad Matt was able to assist you with your needs. We strive to make sure we take care of all of our guests, and it sounds like we were able to accomplish this for you.

I hope you enjoyed your time in Fargo, even if it wasn't with us. If I can ever be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel at any time.

Have a great rest of the summer!

Sedi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was a random pick for a hotel in Fargo, for one night at the start of our annual one week vacation with our best friends. We stayed here our first night out on our way to Albertville, MN.
We were awed is the best way to describe our reactions. The hotel is super. The building and landscape is very nice, the lobby, restaurant and bar are on par with or nicer than many many more "expensive, high end" properties we have all stayed at. But with all of that, nothing was more impressive than the staff. From the first front desk agent, Matt, that we met to Cody, Bartender, Jared, Pearl, (front desk agents) Maria, Bartender, the wait staff in the restaurant, the maintenance gentleman who came to fix our lamp immediately after we called, they were all so amazing, that we cancelled our reservations in Grand Forks for our last two nights of holiday and rebooked to stay again at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fargo. There was not another thing that any of the staff here could have done to make our stay any better. The first morning of our return stay, my husband and I slept in, and because we had inadvertantly knocked our phone receiver off the cradle, our friends could not get in touch with us. As such, we missed the breakfast. (The chef did offer to stay and cook for us). Pearl was in charge of the front desk that morning, and although she encouraged us to stay and let the chef cook for us, it was past closing time and we did not want to take advantage. The next morning when we went to the lobby to join our friends for breakfast, Pearl greeted us and said she had made a note to herself that if she did not see us by 9:00 am she was going to call us or come down and wake us herself so we would not miss breakfast that day. We were amazed that she not only remembered us, but took the time to make a note to herself. She knew we would have been okay with her giving us a personal wake up call. Everyone of the staff we spoke with was upbeat and cheerful and genuinely concerned that we have the best stay and service. They all took pride in their hotel, their jobs, their appearance without losing that friendly touch. When we asked how they were able to maintain that demeanor, everyone said "This is the best job I've ever had, and it is so easy to be proud of our hotel". The breakfast was over the top for the price of $9.95 per person; and cooked to perfection by order. We will always stay here from now on, and look forward to seeing the staff again and again. The General Manager, Sedi Halvorson, should use his staff for training other Hilton Garden Inn staff. They have set the bar so high in service, it will be hard to beat them.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor the first night, and the 1st floor close to the pool and spa area on our...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sedi H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
To our guests from Winnipeg,

I can't thank you enough for posting this wonderful review! I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to meet so many of our wonderful associates! I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful group of caring, thoughtful teammates. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I look forward to meeting you in person the next time you are in Fargo.

I hope you have a great rest of the summer!

Sedi
manitoba canada
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We recently stayed here for one night with friends. This was our third stay. If it is possible this hotel only has become cleaner and better managed! The manager was very frieindly and explained their satisfaction policy when we checked in. This was our friends first stay at this hotel and they thought the breakfast was better than what you got at Denny's! There was a large wedding reception taking place that evening. There was some noise coming from the reception party, but not too bad. I called the desk to see when the music was ending. Without prompting they gave us a room discount .Wow, way to stand behind your product!
Again many thanks!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
To our guest from Manitoba,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay with us in June. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I apologize for the noise disturbance that you encountered. We believe in all of our guests being satisfied with their stay, and if there are any issues, we try and make up for them on the spot. It sounds like in this case our team was able to make that happen. I hope that if you are in the Fargo area again, you will come back and stay with us!

If I can be of any further service, please contact me at any time. Have a great rest of the summer!
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We hosted a Graduation reception at this property and were impressed with the professionalism and level of service provided by the Meeting/Catering staff. Our thoughts and concerns were listened to, and then Celeste (the Sales contact) made valuable suggestions and went above and beyond what I would consider normal levels of customer service. During the event, all personnel truly worked as a team, responding to any needs that arose with complaint or "put upon" attitude. For example, we ran out of pre-ordered punch, and they quickly made more for us, after explaining it would take a few minutes since had to be mixed. This explanation was helpful so we had the proper expectations of when to expect the refill to be available.

We also had several guest rooms, and all were clean and pleasant. The common areas of the hotel were well maintained and very clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
To our guest from right here in Fargo,

I wanted to pass along a "Thank You" for sharing your experience here with me and the rest of the TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled we were able to deliver a great experience on a very important occasion. We truly understand how important events are, and we do our best to exceed our guests expectations. I am glad in this case we were able to ensure you had an excellent experience to you and your guests.

If I can be of further service, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time!

Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We recently stayed two nights at the Fargo Hilton Garden Inn for my cousin's wedding. The facility was very clean and everything seemed new. The front desk staff, restaurant staff and wedding catering staff were all very nice and accommodating. Our room was clean and up to date. My only complaint.... THE BED! I was so looking forward to wonderful sleep after reading about the special beds. I am not sure if our bed was not in working order... but, the dial did not seem to make any difference (Room 225). The bed was rock hard no matter where I had the dial placed. It also was very noisy! Anytime I would roll over - it would creak loudly. It surely was a dissapointment. Luckily, everything else was very nice. I am hoping the bed was a one time thing - otherwise, I am not sure that I would go back to a Hilton Garden Inn. After all, a good night's sleep is an important piece of a hotel stay. Thanks!

As a side note, we also thought the breakfast was complimentary based on something we read... I can' t seem to find it anymore... there must be something out there as I see that others have thought the same thing. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sedi H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear almurphy1995,

Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! We are glad that your overall experience was basically a good one. I wish it had been a perfect one, however.

Our Garden Sleep System beds are adjustable - however, from most guest comments, we understand they tend to feel a little on the firm side even after being adjusted. Many guests prefer a bed like that, but to those who do not, we do have soft mattress toppers available upon request. I am sincerely sorry that you did not sleep well. It is our goal that every guest is perfectly satisfied. If you would like to contact us at 701-499-6000, or email me directly at halvorson@raymondteam.com, we would be more than happy to set up a future reservation for you, at our expense.

We understand that our breakfast concept can be somewhat confusing at times, but it is up to us to make it a great experience for each of our guests. In order to reach that goal, we now have a breakfast hostess whose sole job is to make sure all our guests know exactly how our breakfast works. We have a full-service restaurant on site that does serve breakfast for a flat fee of $9.95. All hot, cooked to order items are included in that price, as well as all the self-serve items, such as pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc.

I will make sure to pass along all your compliments to our staff as well!

Again, thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel, and I sincerely hope that you'll come back to see us again in the future!
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have no complaints with my stay at this hotel. The staff was friendly, the room was pleasant and very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable. We thought breakfast was complimentary, which it isnt but when we checked in the front desk staff gave us vouchers for a complimentary breakfast the next morning, which was delicious.

We went for a weekend shopping trip and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
To our guests from Winnipeg,

I just wanted to send you a quick thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We do our very best to ensure all of our guests leave our hotel happy and satisfied with their stay. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a great experience during your shopping trip.

If there is any way I can be of further service, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Have a great summer!
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I was recently in Fargo ND for the Fargo Marathon. I stayed with a girlfriend in the Hilton Garden Inn and can not rave enough about our stay. The hotel could not get any cleaner. The staff from the front end greeters to the Manager on duty were friendly, helpful and wonderful. The food in the restaurant was 5 star and so reasonable. The Hotel welcomed the Marathoners and even provided complimentary mineral drinks, milk ,chocolate milk, water, begals, peanut butter, fruit, coffee/tea, gu's and runner's beans on the day prior to the race and ice packs and advil post run (and much more). The staff acknowledged the runners and congratulated us on competing. Never have I experienced such incredible customer service in a hotel!! I would stay in this hotel on any visit to Fargo and am booking my stay for the 2013 marathon today! GREATEST HOTEL HILTON GARDEN INN FARGO call 701 499 6000- you won't regret it!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor- it was GREAT and the drapes pull tight for a very dark room if you need...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Sedi H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
To our guest from Winnipeg,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience during the Fargo Marathon with us and with the TripAdvisor community. We were truly excited to be able to host so many participants in this years race, and we wanted to show our appreciation (and admiration) to all that ran over the weekend.

It was our pleasure to have you with us over the weekend, I am thrilled we were able to deliver a great experience! Congratulations on completing the race, and hopefully we will see you again shortly.