“Great reception venue and overnight stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Fargo
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Attended a wedding reception in the ballroom, and it was beautiful. The food tasted great and the service was great as well. The roms were average size and decorated very nicely. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom looked very nice. There was a fridge and microwave in every room.

They have a breakfast but did not eat there.they have two bars located outside the ballroom with seating areas.

Overall, a great place to stay !

• Stayed: December 2011
Sedi H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2012

To our guest from Grand Forks,

Just wanted to thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all of the feedback we get and love to share it with our associates. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the reception as well as your entire stay with us. Hope all is well up the river, see you again soon!

Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel and the staff is very friendly. Lots of resturants around and the mall is nearby. The rooms are a little warn. Breakfast in the resturant was great. Food was hot and fresh and the strawberry crepes were a nice treat.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

To our guest from Atlanta,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you your business, and for taking the time to share you experience with us on TripAdvisor. I love being able to share guest comments and reviews with our associates, and to point out those that make a difference. In this case Michael, our breakfast Chef who makes different unique breakfast dishes daily to provide more variety to our guests. Also to all the friendy and caring assoicates who work here every day.

We are in the process of enhancing our rooms maintenance program to remove the warn look that you mentioned.

Again, thank you for your feedback, I hope we get to serve you again if you are ever in the Fargo area.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

My wife and I have spent three nights in this relatively new motel and I can say without hesitation that this motel really stands out amongst the competition. It sits on a very big lot, all by itself, a beautiful, easy walk or drive to all of the shopping and eating in Fargo. The lobby is huge with a beautiful, modern gas fire place and lots of lighting and seating. And did I say the lobby is huge?! The staff is friendly, helpful, and really makes everyone seem important. The rooms are as clean and nice as you can find. And the price is very competitive. I really have only one complaint. Although they have a nice bar and restaurant, they have no complimentary breakfast. They will serve you a breakfast, but it's pretty expensive. At least there is a nice McDonald's a few blocks down the street. Despite that, we now have a 2nd favorite motel in Fargo and will be sure to stay there whenever we're in town. (Our other favorite is the Homewood Suites near the airport but it's a little off the beaten path.)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

To our neighbor from the Northwest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. Everyone has busy lives, and we genuinly appreciate you taking some of yours to let us as well as all travelers know about your stay. I enjoy the opportunity to share with our associates how they make a difference in the lives of all of our guests, and reviews like yours help greatly.

I am glad you liked our lobby, it is my favorite physical feature of the hotel as well. My favorite part overall is the great associates that you mentioned in your review. I feel priveleged every day I come to work knowing that we have such a great, caring team.

As a side note, we offer a great bed and breakfast package that can be booked online or over the phone. It comes with a full breakfast for two for only $6 more per night over our standard rate.

Thank you again for your feedback, have a great 2012!

Reviewed November 21, 2011

A Hilton. Well the Hilton name seems to carry a lot of weight in that they are great hotels to stay at. That was not the case here.
Check in was fast and very good. When we got to the room it was huge and looked very nice. We tryed out the bed, it was a memory foam bed with adjustment. well the adjustments did not do very much for the beds comfort and the bed remained very firm. We had 4 couples in our group and each one had the same opinion of the beds , in that they are very uncomfortable.
The pool. The pool and area is more like a pool area one would find in a Motel 6, not what one would expect in a Hilton. The pool area is very small and has a dumpy feel to it.
The breakfast area is very confusing as to what one has to do to order breakfast. The breakfast itself was ok, but took a while to get to the table.
The Cmon Inn close by is a much better choice for a weekend getaway

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2011

This hotel will be my new hotel choice when planning a weekend getaway to Fargo. It is clean, comfortable and provides an excellent location for shoppers and diners alike. The staff is friendly and the service is efficient. They even have a small bar and lounge if you don't want to travel too far for a light meal and/or drinks.

Room Tip: Try out the new pub/restaurant called Lucky 13's bar and lounge next door to this property. Prot...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Hotel was nice, the staff that I came in contact were nice. But on October 28, 2011 I left my Bose Headphones and iPod in my room (room 426) as I left for the airport. Since I was returning the following week, I thought I would collect my items the following Sunday at check in.

I called the hotel at 9am from the airport to let them know to please hold on to my items and I would get them on Sunday. I asked that someone call me as soon as they found my property. I called as soon as I landed and no one had turned anything in.

When I checked in the following Sunday, still nothing. It had to be the maid that cleaned the room since when I called at 9AM no one had checked into the room.

I'll never stay at this hotel again even though it was one bad apple.

I've stayed in many hotels over the last 20 years and have left things in the past but they have always been returned. This is a first.

Room Tip: Dont' take 419, there is noise from wind through the door. Charles is a great bartender....even...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2011

For $139 a night, this is a great choice in Fargo. From check in to check out, the service is friendly and efficient. The rooms are what you would expect from a Hilton Garden Inn with comfortable beds and down blankets. This is my hotel of choice in Fargo.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business