“Go Far” 5 of 5 bubbles

63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Go Far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

An extremely well run race. A Fargo phenomenon that has drawn together a great flat route with a supportive city. The vast majority of entrants do the half. A "must run".

47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Top notch event!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Great marathon. This was my 15th marathon (13th state) and by far one of the best events! Arrived in Friday morning to the Fargo airport and it was nice to see a big welcome to Fargo Marathon sign in the airport lobby with a table set up and "greeters" to help us with any questions. I must say that was a first! Expo was nice, not huge but nice size and well organized. My daughter and I ran the 5k and I was a little surprised that no water was offered on the course until the very end and then we had to hunt for it (and it was a HOT 5k!). The marathon, however, was superb and well staffed with water, blue (not the nasty yellow) powerade, GU, fruit, Popsicles (very nice!), kids with candy and juice boxes. The entire town came out for this event! It seemed it was one giant block party the entire race! Bands ranged from accordions to bagpipes to praise and worship to bluegrass pick-n-grin to oldies to square dancin people to the heavy medal you couldnt understand and even a little Jimmy Buffet and Elvis! You name it and they had it! Great race! Just please next time, get better singers for the anthems.

2 Thank Runnermom3
Canada
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Go early”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Marathon overall is well organised. The expo was nice the races were fairly well marshalled and organised. There is plenty of parking but my advice is to go really early. There is enough parking but getting to it is very difficult. We were in a line up to get through a turn off with a 3 car light, up to the Fargodome. We sat in that line more than an hour, and missed the start of our race (as did many). It would have been very easy to have the police directing traffic there to keep things moving and hopefully next year that will happen.
Would still do this race again, the route is very nice.

West Fargo, North Dakota
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“the best marathon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Very clean city, very well organized. All local restaurants were ready for the inflex of people! Fargo did a good job

Winnipeg
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Great race, and a fun weekend :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Went down to Fargo for the marathon for the first time. My husband and I both registered, but I broke my leg during training and he ran solo. We loved the race and I base this review on the fact we have done races in Minneapolis, Disney, Saskatoon, all over Manitoba, etc:

Positives:

- pasta event was great with GREAT speakers (Josh Cox was great!)
- if you register for two events, you get 3 medals instead of two - many people did the 5 km the night before the marathon
- finish lines usually have bananas and bagels, this one had pizza and beer!!
- gorgeous finisher shirts and bags
- well organized event

Negatives:

- traffic is horrendous to and from the Fargodome race day because the half marathon and full marathon start @ different times which prolongs how long traffic is tied up....especially along 4th ave.

Great race and we can't wait to go back and run it next year!