“Do not stay in this hotel if you have children”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fargo
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Argyle, Minnesota
“Do not stay in this hotel if you have children”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have never stayed in such a non-kid friendly hotel before as I did on 11/30/13 at LaQuinta in Fargo, ND. Check-in time is at 3:00pm. I traveled from hours away with 4 small children. When I arrived at 2:55pm, I was told our room was not ready. There were no apologies as to why the room wasn't ready, only excuses as to why it wasn't their fault. They suggested I go shopping. Shopping with 3 three-year olds and a 7 year old on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend....are you crazy?! My children needed naps and needed to be changed. They were excited to swim. Instead we had to wait until 4:30 to check-in. We had very little time to swim due to the late check-in. (Oh, but did I mention I still had to check out by noon?) In addition, the hotel has a noise ordinance at 10:00pm. At 10:15 pm, we were told they had received multiple complaints about loud noise. I guess I should have packed the duct tape. ??? I'm not real sure where security was from 2:00-2:45am when there were loud, obnoxious drunks in the hallway fighting. Our hotel experience was horrible at best. We had planned a fun, memorable time for our children and instead all we had were tears and diasappointment. Despite my numerous complaints I made to the manager - all I heard were excuses. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Krissy M
LaQuinta1, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Krissy M,

We truly appreciate your feedback; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta. I understand the frustration about not having your room ready by our advertised time of 3pm. From what I understand the Manager on Duty did have the room type that you reserved available upon your check in but you had requested to be as close to another friend or family room that was also staying at the hotel and didn't want the room that was available at time of check-in because it was on another floor. The room that was closest to your other friend/family's room happened to be a late checkout and it did take us some time to get to that room. It doesn't make it right but that is what the situation was and being that you preferred to be as close to your other room as possible and turned down the room that was available down did cause a delay in getting your preferred room ready.

Being a returning guest to our hotel you stayed with us because of the positive experience you encountered during your last visit with us - for that I am extremely thankful. Situations like the one that you encountered doesn't happen often at our hotel and I do apologize once again for any inconveniences that you encountered while visiting our hotel. Our hotel was recently named hotel of the year (La Quinta Brand) because of the services and ammenities that we offer. I am hopeful that you will give us another opportunity for your business as I am confident in the level of services and ammenities that we offer. We have failed you on this visit but want to make it right for future visits. We have tried to email and call you in regards to your recent visit but as of today we have not heard back from you. Once again, we would like to regain your trust in us and hope that you will be in contact with us so that we can discuss further what happened and how we can make it right for you.

Steve Hatfield
Area General Manager
La Quinta Fargo
lq6443gm@laquinta.com
701-499-2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Littleton, CO
Reviewed November 16, 2013

the rooms are great, the staff very nice.

They serve breakfast and dinner (not great dinner but included so hey). They have wine/beer in the evening for adults.

The fitness room is very tiny but at least it does the job.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We often take a break from baby sitting grand children and travel to Fargo, ND for some " R and R". Our choice for accommodations is La Quinta Inn because of the excellent service, location and friendliness of the staff .

I note that an addition is under construction indicating to me that there is a demand for the excellent service provided by La Quinta.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank GrandpaCanuck1
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice place, clean rooms, pool is great for little kids the fountains are fun but pretty noisy. Pet friendly. Staff was very pleasant. It was a very busy place. They are adding more rooms I am expecting the pool will get very crowed when they open more rooms as it isn't that big. Parking lot is really small I hope they are adding more parking as I think every spot was full during our stay. We did enjoy our visit.

Stayed October 2013
Hartford, South Dakota
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The rooms were clean and beautiful. The food was great. The pool had a small kids are with a slide and water toys. We don't have kids but enjoyed the hot tub. The hotel was pet friendly also. The breakfast was hot and delicious. They even had Famous Dave's in the evening on our arrival! We couldn't have been happier with our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Went with a friend on our way to Minneapolis. Stayed 1 night then liked it so on our return to home stayed another night.
Well priced ,clean,very good breakfast served in the mornings with a lovely big breakfast area to enjoy your meal. Tea and coffee available during the day if so desired from this area. Beds were large and comfortable. The room had everything you could want very comfortable and had all the little extras shampoo,lotion etc. would definitely stay there again. Good location and close to shopping centre and many restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends