“Great Experience!”

Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Pleasantville, New York
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

When you walk up to the front desk of a hotel, you sometimes get a warm welcome from the staff. This hotel seems to have an entire staff of helpful and cheerful people working to make your visit a great experience. I was tired after getting up at 4:00 A.M. to make my flight to Fargo. I asked whether there was any way that I get an early access to my room. I was very pleased to find that they could accommodate me. Within seconds, I was in my room for a much needed rest.

If you like earth tones, you will enjoy the interior of the hotel. If you travel further west, you might recognize the decor as having similar shades of red, orange, yellow, brown and black, the colors of scoria in the rock formations of the Badlands.
Please make time to sit in the Great Room by the gas fireplace at night. Yes, there are people who appreciate attention to detail.

The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. It is clean throughout.

There is a special treat around 5:30 PM during the week. The hotel arranges for delivery of some food from the local restaurants. If you are late, someone probably enjoyed your portion.

Breakfast is excellent. Did I mention the homemade bread?

P.S. The zoo is nearby. If you have never seen curling live, it is less than a block away.

I hope that they have a room for me on my next trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank r0bert100
ArbuckleLodge, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hi Robert100

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Arbuckle Lodge in Fargo. We love to hear good feedback about our friendly staff because we strive to make sure every guest has a great experience. Our hot breakfast and fresh bread are one of our most popular amenities and our business guest enjoy the Monday through Thursday reception after a long day at work. Our location is very convenient to the zoo, shopping and more! We look forward to your return and thanks again for the kind words!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Arbuckle Lodge for a one night stay. upon arrival we were warmly greeted by the front desk staff. We got to the room and I was so pleased by the size of the rooms. They were so spacious and warmly decorated, the high ceilings really made the room feel even that much bigger! The bathrooms were also large and nicely lit. The pool was quite nice lots of places to sit and my kids loved the water slide and amenities. The breakfast was very good and had lots to choose from. will definitely recommend this place and will book again in future!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jennifer d
ArbuckleLodge, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hi Jennifer D,

We are so glad you choose to stay here at the Arbuckle Lodge in Fargo! We are proud of our spacious room design and family friendly pool! We are glad you also enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast! Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Maple Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here while in Fargo for a concert. Our room was very spacious and clean. Comfy bed and the breakfast is great. We will definitely stay again if in the area. Location wasn't bad either. About a 10 minute drive to downtown.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Michelle W
Hi Michelle W,

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast and comfy beds. We are located right off the interstate near shopping and dining so we are glad to hear it was convenient for your stay. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed at the Arbuckle Lodge for our child's birthday party. It was wonderful. The 2 bedroom suite had plenty of room for us and all our guests. The beds were comfortable, the complimentary breakfast was awesome, and the pool was great for the kids!

Kristine was the lady working the night shift and she was AMAZING! The floor was messy from the party and the garbages were overflowing. When we asked for a vacuum and extra garbage bags, she brought them to us right away and cleared out the garbages. She was friendly and helpful, which isn't always seen anymore.

The only downfall was the pizza, which is not the hotel's fault. The hotel provides 2 pizzas with a birthday party from Pizza Ranch. We actually ordered two extra (4 total) and 2 of the pizzas were overcooked, slightly burnt. That was the only negative thing we can say about our experience.

We plan on using this hotel again for future birthday parties! Thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
ArbuckleLodge, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hi Sarah K,

Thank your for choosing the Arbuckle Lodge in Fargo to have your special event. We love to hear when our staff is going above and beyond and will be sure to tell Kristine that she is doing great. Also thanks for letting us know that everything from the room to the amenities met your expectations. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Grand Forks, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed here a few weeks ago. We were looking forward to spending a fun night away (which is rare for us considering we're newlyweds and money is tight) before I left for CA for a few days.When we checked in we were very impressed with our room and the pool. We went out for dinner and the instant we arrived back at the hotel, all of the power shut off due to winter storm issues. The staff was very friendly and apologized many times in the process of trying to fix the power outage. Unfortunately our entire stay was spent in absolute darkness. This not only made our fun night out a disappointment, but it was also inconvenient/stressful for me to prepare for my flight the next morning. Our bed was comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was great. When we went to check out, we were hoping that we would be offered something, anything for the trouble. We understood that it wasn't their fault, but we still spent money on a room where we couldn't even do anything. The lady at the desk was nice, but didn't offer anything. We would have tried to "plead our case" at the time but I was running a little behind on my flight. Despite the blackout, we would definitely stay at the Arbuckle again, provided better weather.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ArbuckleLodge, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hi Holly M,

We are so glad you enjoyed our large rooms, comfortable beds and hot breakfast. The pool is also one of the most popular features of our hotel. The power outage took us by surprise as well and we apologize that the electric company was not able to restore it faster. We did try to make our guests as comfortable as possible during that time. Feel free to contact me directly to see if there is some way that we can make up for the inconvenience. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again in the future.

Jamestown, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Very welcoming atmosphere, comfortable rooms and beds, spacious bathrooms :), great spread of breakfast items in the mornings, quiet and clean! On top of it all, dog friendly! I plan on staying again and would recommend to anyone traveling through the area!! Thanks Arbuckle Lodge!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jennifer L
ArbuckleLodge, Director of Sales at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hi Jennifer L,

Thank you so much for reviewing us here at the Arbuckle Lodge in Fargo. We are so glad you enjoyed our large rooms and bathrooms. We are pet friendly to allow our guest to bring their furry friends! We provide a hot breakfast every day so our guests can start their day off right!. We are so glad you chose to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I am a fan of Arbuckle’s on Facebook. Every now and then, they have special offers. I contacted them prior to my stay to see if they had a special for an extended weekend while I was attending the Fargo Sportsman Show. Char was a huge help and was able to meet all my needs. Hotel met all my expectations. Breakfast was great and perfect before I started my long days behind a booth. I like the fact that the breakfast area was so large. Pool was open late enough, 11pm, so that my children could have a reward for their help. I was on the third floor, and it was quiet. Rooms were nice and large. I liked the prayer note left on my bed. Even though the hotel is pet friendly, I asked for a pet free room, and it was just that! Along with smoke free. I would surely stay here again. Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: Become a friend of theirs on facebook as they have specials every now and then. Third floor seems m...