“I was Impressed.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Winnipeg, Canada
“I was Impressed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband and I used Hotwire.com for booking this hotel, and I wasn't sure about it, I guess the name kinda threw me. When we got there I have to say I was wondering what the room would look like, and it was different than what I expected. The western theme was what threw me, but both my husband and I enjoyed our stay here. The staff at the Lobby were very friendly and helpful! The only thing that both my husband and I thought should not have happened was that they ran out of butter for the homemade bread. :(
Homemade bread isn't the same without butter!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ArbuckleLodge, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Arbuckle Lodge in Fargo. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are so sorry that we ran out of butter but that thank you for reminding us so that we can be sure to keep additional on hand! Thanks again and we hope to see you soon. And remember to sign up for our new rewards program the next time you visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed recently for a few nights. had a coupon for a good rate. The lobby was large and clean, check in easy and friendly. Room was very large and very clean. I recommend not having a room facing the front becasue the parking lots lights glare through the window at night, hard to close the blinds completely when the ac/heater is blowing them around.
I have a 10 yr old who was very much looking forward to the pool and waterslide...the area itself was very clean, BUT...the deepest point was one 3.5 feet deep! My kid was pretty upset, he couldnt even tread water. He wouldnt go down the waterslide in fear he would get hurt becasue of the shallow pool. There are ledges/steps in the pppol that go for the even shallower area and are hard to see...most pools have a slant...so as I was walking in the pool I tripped on the ledge and hurt my foot...my son then tried to get out of the pool and a handicap chair was over the edge that he didnt see and it cut his shoulder quite badly,,, SO...no more pool for us. Regardless of the injury,, the pool was sadly very shallow that would be best for a peron 6 years old and under. Noone else is going to really enjoy it The hottub was fine though.
The hotel is great in every other aspect, The breakfast area is super large and lots of food offered. I will not stay here again only because my son really wants a decent pool he can actually swim in. seems to be a challenge to find for some reason.
If you are looking for a good room and free breakfast in a clean place, theres no reason not to stay here otherwise.

Room Tip: dont stay front facing if you dont want light blazing in your window at night
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank smellbell
Thank you for choosing the Abuckle Lodge. I am sorry that our pool was not to your liking. We strive to provide the amenities our guests and families would enjoy. We do appreciate your kind words about your overall experience and hope that you would try us again in the future. There is a nearby aquatic center that we can print passes or refer you too on your next visit. Thanks again for choosing our hotel.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have not had bad experiences with any hotel in Fargo. This last trip was with girlfriends and I booked the room at hotels.com, although I have never heard of Arbuckle Lodge it was a great price so I took it! The room was large as was the bathroom, the halls are clean lots of luggage carts, the front desk staff was pleasant and when we needed a new lamp for the desk (the room was dark and the lamp had no switch, it was broken off) two staff members came and we had a new lamp within 10 minutes. The hot tub was great. I would stay here again! Very clean hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed the rooms and the attentive service of our staff. We hope that you will consider us for you next trip to the area and be sure to sign up for our new rewards program. Thanks again and see you soon!
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

This week while in Fargo - room rates seemed high even for Fargo, and my usual place was booked... so I booked using a blind booking service to save some money. I'm trying to decide how to evaluate this place. The Arbuckle used to be a Settle Inn, which closed and reopened under this non-branded name.

There are some definite positives here... the rooms are a good size, above average. Bedding is comfortable. Bathrooms are large. The hotel is off the Interstate far enough that you don't get that noise. There is a decent breakfast (included) in the morning, and a managers reception at night with light appetizers and soda. The pool looks good for a family. Lots of parking. Also close to restaurants, gas stations, other amenities, and the Interstate.

Some downsides... you won't get much from the staff in terms of service, but they are friendly enough. If you are a business traveler and need Internet (like myself), this is one of the worst properties I have ever been in for Internet speeds... I had to stop working. Also, my air conditioning unit in two rooms has been poor, and that is noticeable when daytime temps are into the 80's and you have a western facing room.

Overall, I'd rate this good to above average for the price I paid. I have not idea what the rack is, or a discounted rate on their website... I would suspect it is too much. I also think the blind bid service I used has this property a 1/2 a star higher than it should be... but that is typical for this service.

If you get good rate, book it. I'm just surprised by the glowing reviews. I have gushed over properties, as well as been more generous than maybe deserved... This property is no more than "average" to "very good," in my opinion.

Room Tip: Ask for a zoo facing room - it will be more quiet and cooler in the evening.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ArbuckleLodge, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thanks, jra3 from Michigan, for taking time to give a detailed review. The ownership of this hotel hasn't changed since we opened in 2009. We did part ways, by mutual agreement, with the Settle Inn franchise, and changed our name to Arbuckle Lodge. We are glad that you had a favorable impression of the rooms, complimentary breakfast, afternoon appetizers, the pool, parking, and convenient location with no interstate noise. I am sorry to hear that you didn't feel you got much service from staff. It's unusual for our guests to feel that way. I would certainly like to discuss with you the items you had issues with so that we are able to get more information and fix any items not working properly. I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future and give us the opportunity to provide the excellent service you so much deserve.
Spearfish, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had never heard of the Arbuckle Lodge until it was what we were given through Priceline. We were certainly surprised! We were greeted with wings, chili, and fresh veggies upon check-in. Our room was huge, comfortable, clean, and very attractive. The bed and linens were wonderful. Breadmakers provided fresh bread with breakfast, which was another bonus not usually offered.

Room Tip: I couldn't offer any advice on choosing a room unless you want to see the sun rise or set. I do...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ArbuckleLodge, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of the Arbuckle Lodge in Fargo. We are so glad you enjoyed our guest reception and fresh bread with breakfast. We strive to make your stay feel like your home away from home. Please consider us on your next visit to Fargo. The whole staff here at the Arbuckle Lodge would love to welcome you back!
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We booked our room via Priceline "name your own price" so we didn't really know what we were going to get. With some persistence we were able to get the inexperienced front desk clerk to change the reservation from a 2 queen to a single king room. The room was large, separated into a sitting and sleeping area by the washroom and bar area and extremely pleasing in virtually every way. There were 2 flat screen TVs, a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and bar sink. The hot tub was okay though the pool with waterslide was more appropriate for children. Breakfast was typical continental plus a waffle maker, scrambled eggs and sausage, and fresh from the breadmaker bread. Internet was easy to connect to, reasonably fast and required us to connect only once for our entire stay (a pleasant deviation from the hotels we stayed at the 10 previous nights).

It's unlikely our budget would allow us to stay here at regular rates, but looking at the other room options, this could be an excellent choice for families.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ArbuckleLodge, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Arbuckle Lodge in Fargo. We appreciate that you have shared your great experience at our hotel and we look forward to your return. Please call us directly as we maybe able to provide you with specials or promotions we are running at the hotel. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Rooms are large, clean and nice bed linens!!! However, we were looking forward to a nice big country style breakfast, but what we got was instant eggs, overcooked sausages, no potatoes; only white bread with margarine (no real butter), instant oatmeal, brown bananas (no fresh melon) but worst of all was they use "cancer causing" styrofoam cups, plates and bowls!!! They should be using paper products!!! I highly recommend the Hampton Inn over the Arbuckle Lodge!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ArbuckleLodge, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We review items on our breakfast often and welcome all guest suggestions so that we can improve upon the experience we want to give our guests. I hope that you were able to try the other hot items on our breakfast. It sounds like you enjoyed your room and your stay otherwise. I would be happy to discuss your suggestions further if you would like. Please feel free to give us a call.