We stayed at the hotel Friday to Sunday. Our first impression was that the hotel was tidy and the staff was friendly. The rooms are large and clean but don't really have all that much in them. It was like they ran out of money for furnishings...we had a standard room with a king bed so I was expecting that it might have a sitting area or table but it had niether just an arm chair and desk with a very cheap desk chair. The fridge is very small but was helpful for keeping beverages cold...it wouldn't fit much more. Given that the hotel sells itself as a bit more upscale I was expected more out of the room....the high ceilings were nice but in a largely empty room all they did was provide for a nice echo.
The "deluxe" breakfast is nothing special. On the weekends the only warm items are biscuits and gravy and waffles. The gravy was pretty cold both mornings and the biscuits weren't that good even for free hotel food. The other items are your standard continental breakfast foods. I am not sure how they come up with the 30 items they claim on thier website. The so-called "fresh" coffee is not really "coffee" but a concentrated syrup type drink that is dispensed from a soda type machine that mixes it with hot water...I've tasted worse so for hotel coffee it was not bad. However one morning I witnessed the staff changing the concentrated stuff in the machine and it was dispensing decaf from both spouts!
The worst part of the stay was the noise level in the hotel. Their were kids running up and down the halls at all hours of the day. The poor construction of the hotel means that your hear everything in the hall and footsteps from the room above were very noisy. There were kids running around at 2:30 AM followed by door knocking and then a women scolding voice. Combined with the noise from the ice machine we didn't get a good nights sleep. The pool was nice but was too busy to take small children.
Finally the parking was not adequate. After leaving for diner and coming back the lot was full both nights...we were able to find parking since someone was leaving at the same time but others had to park on the street or wherever they could cram their vehicle.
Overall I would say that given the price of the rooms the value is very poor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo South in Fargo, ND named "BEST HOTEL IN NORTH DAKOTA" by MSN. We know there's no place like home, but with our large comfortable rooms, the AmericInn Fargo South will feel like your home away from home. A charming log canopy welcomes you to the smoke-free AmericInn. Inside, the first thing you'll notice is a three-story lobby with a stone fireplace. The colors are warm, patterned after the setting sun. Here, old-fashioned friendliness meets western charm. Our service is personal. Our attitude is welcoming. And our rooms? Let's just say we drew our inspiration from a prairie horizon. Enjoy our Splash-Bay Adventure Pool area, fitness center, free wi-fi and of course our amazing hot home-style breakfast each morning. Afternoon appetizers are available Monday through Thursday. Hot wings, pulled pork, and nachos are guest favorites. The AmericInn Fargo South hotel is conveniently located in Fargo, North Dakota and only minutes from the best restaurants and shopping. Fargo, North Dakota provides year-round fun and excitement for the whole family. Visit our Fargo hotel on your next family vacation and see what we have to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Settle Inn & Suites Fargo Hotel Fargo
- Settle Inn And Suites Fargo
- Settle Hotel Fargo