We stayed for two nights over the Manitoba spring break week. The hotel is easy to get to off either I-29 or I-94. It is also a very short drive to the mall and other shopping attractions. We were glad to be somewhat "off the beaten path", as the location was quieter than other busier areas.
The room and the bathroom were both very large. The decor and finishes were not exactly high end, but we weren't looking for anything fancy. While the bathroom appeared to be clean, we were wondering if the house keeping staff had ever used any "vacuum attachments". There were bits of food (including whole peanuts) scattered around the floor, and especially in "hard to reach" crevices like around the beds and around the mini-fridge. Having seen this, we doubted just how clean the room/hotel actually was. FYI: There are no "pay-per-view" channels in the room. We would have enjoyed the option of watching a movie in-room, however their tv channels are extensive, which was a bonus. Also nice: the mini-fridge and the microwave in-room.
Breakfast was fine. Good selection of hot and continental items. One complaint, and perhaps not the fault of the hotel, were the people who came down for breakfast in their pyjamas and/or barefoot. Pretty unsanitary. Maybe some kind of dresscode could be enforced.
The hotel advertised complimentary coffee in the lobby at all times. When we asked where it was one evening after returning from dinner, we were told, rather nonchalantly and is if it should've been obvious, it was in the breakfast area. Wouldn't have guessed it as all the lights were turned off. We turned on the lights ourselves and hoped the coffee hadn't been there since the morning. The floor was still sticky from any syrup/juice/miscellaneous mishaps that morning.
By far the worst part of the stay was the sleep. The pillows were the WORST we have ever experienced. Nothing but lumps. The beds were really, really soft. Felt like you were sinking into them. The heating/fan system in the room was REALLY loud and seemed to go on and off every 3 minutes. And finally, the walls in this hotel are PAPER THIN! We could hear people watching TV in the room beside us, never mind the noise from the hallway. Doors slamming, children running around, and people shouting (way beyond the "quiet time" posted of 11:00pm) made for unrestful nights.
Perhaps we paid more than normal, being it was the spring break holiday, however we don't think we got value for what we paid. Wouldn't stay again, despite good location, because there are so many other options to try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the AmericInn Lodge & Suites Fargo South in Fargo, ND named "BEST HOTEL IN NORTH DAKOTA" by MSN. We know there's no place like home, but with our large comfortable rooms, the AmericInn Fargo South will feel like your home away from home. A charming log canopy welcomes you to the smoke-free AmericInn. Inside, the first thing you'll notice is a three-story lobby with a stone fireplace. The colors are warm, patterned after the setting sun. Here, old-fashioned friendliness meets western charm. Our service is personal. Our attitude is welcoming. And our rooms? Let's just say we drew our inspiration from a prairie horizon. Enjoy our Splash-Bay Adventure Pool area, fitness center, free wi-fi and of course our amazing hot home-style breakfast each morning. Afternoon appetizers are available Monday through Thursday. Hot wings, pulled pork, and nachos are guest favorites. The AmericInn Fargo South hotel is conveniently located in Fargo, North Dakota and only minutes from the best restaurants and shopping. Fargo, North Dakota provides year-round fun and excitement for the whole family. Visit our Fargo hotel on your next family vacation and see what we have to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Orbitz so you can book your AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fargo South — 45th Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Settle Inn & Suites Fargo Hotel Fargo
- Settle Inn And Suites Fargo
- Settle Hotel Fargo