“older hotel with exceptional staff”

Baymont Inn & Suites Fargo
Ranked #47 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is an older hotel that fits a budget traveller. The staff was exceptonallly friendly. Bed was comfortable and clean, isn't that what is most important in a hotel. Pool was good and breakfast was OK. This wouldn't be your vacation destination but is a very good hotel along the trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Fargo

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We booked a family trip for the weekend through Hotwire... what a mistake! The place is horrible! The sheets had pee stains, the rooms smelled of mold, the toilet was dirty, the heater didnt work properly. and the phone didnt work. We moved to different rooms 3 times?!! and even then very unhappy with the suite. Just disgusting!! This place is run down and dark. It needs to be demolished for everyone's safety.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Alvin O
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Our trip was Feb 19th 2012 we are from Bismarck and stayed one night for a mini vaca.:

We booked this place based on pictures we saw online and reviews on Orbitz. It looked nice. Booking it based on the pics the hotel shows was our first mistake. They did a real good job making it seem like a good hotel that is where they stop doing a good job. In reality it is by far the worst hotel I have stayed at in a long time. Go elsewhere!

Lobby:
Dingy and dark. Smells like stale beer.

Bar and "casino":
Bar was so dirty, shady looking, and smelly we went in and turned around and left..quickly. The so called "casino" is actually about 5 black jack tables inside the small bar stuffed in a corner.

Free morning breakfast:
Two small microwave pancakes and two small microwave sausages served to you by an unfriendly lady who clearly didn't want you there. The coffee was so watery it was see through and the "orange juice" was actually Tang served in a "Fancy" glass. It was dark and dingy looking in there too.

Hallway:
We heard mice squeeking and it was so cold we had to wear our coats to and from the pool from our room.

Pool:
Bathrooms were well..a spiffy biff would be cleaner. The pool was ok but the hot tub was clearly dirty and unkempt. The paint was chipping off and it looked like you were sitting on rust (yummy). The "jets" only turn on every 10 min and they stay on for only 5 minutes. The water is lukewarm. The owner is obviously cheap and try everything to regulate electricity. Its also very dark in the pool area. The shower in the pool area is ice cold and 2 out of 4 arcade games are broke.

Room:
The heat didn't work. There were stains all over the floor. The lighting was drab and gave it a dungeon feel. The bathtub was tiny and black from mildew all the way around and up about 2 inches. We were so cold that we couldn't sleep. There was a crack between the door and the wall so big that we could see the hallway and anyone that walked by. The bed was ok and there were extra pillows. There was a microwave and a fridge. The tv was super old..so old it still had a vhs player attached. We tried but could not get anything but cold or slightly lukewarm water from the shower. It was freezing actually.

There were several Canadian families staying there when we were and I was embarrassed for ND and what we offered them as a whole in this hotel. I hope they know most hotels in Fargo are not like this and this is a poor example of our hospitality in ND.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Brooke6193
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stayed on a Monday and Tuesday night. I had booked both nights and when I arrived said I'd only be needing one night. I was told I could not cancel the second night because it was after 2PM and I needed to cancel the same way I reserved. I thought that was shady since I was there at 2:30PM and staying the first night I'd booked.
The room was clean, less the floor behind the chair and end table. It was nice to have a fridge and microwave/coffee pot, especially considering I got a Google coupon and the room was only $60.
Quiet for sleep and a bar/casino downstairs! Fun times.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I was a bit hesitant about arriving here after reading some of the reviews. I had booked online and paid 60 bucks a night. We booked a king, non smoking. When we arrived, there were alot of people here for the casino and the parking lot was full in the front with smokers loitering right by the door. We checked in and everything went smoothly and got settled into our room. The room was clean and tidy, (apparently others who stayed the same time we did werent as fortunate).

Pool and Hot tub was great! And when we returned from our outings, the room was cleaned. But it seemed like they didnt have a check list as to what to all clean. We didnt get as many clean towels and some of the smaller hand towels still looked dirty, We did not get replenished on shampoo, so it was a good thing we had brought some extra from home.

The Continental Breakfast was ok. You get what they give (2 pancakes and 2 sausage links). It was good, but I would have preferred more. And they forgot my drink... so I had to chew slowly as to make sure I didnt have trouble with my food.

All in all, it was a good stay. Not bad for the price I paid, and we wont be coming home with any bed begs :p

Room Tip: From what I heard, the King size bed rooms seemed to have the best luck with being clean... the doub...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We have stayed here 4 times in the last year. We've never had a bad stay yet. Yes it's not high end but we always book online through Travelocity or similar websites
At a price of about 58.00 a night. That includes a breakfast if you want it. You do get what they serve but a lot of hotels give you nothing. The rooms are always clean and most rooms have flat panel tv's. There is a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in every room. The rooms usually smell like they sprinkled carpet fresh when vacuuming but once you start up the AC it all evens out. The bar has 2 for 1 drinks from noon until 9:00. It's 5 minutes from the shopping strip and the pool is large. Hot tub is nice although this time the jets were down for maintenance. Hopefully this will be fixed WHEN WE RETURN. Hey what do you want for 60 bucks? I could pay 100.00 and it would be a little fancier but We come to shop and use the pool area. It suits our needs fine and nothing has ever been broken. Never have we seen any bugs and there are lots of restaurants nearby if you don't like the breakfast. The staff are fine, not great but not rude. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I fell in love with this place the second I checked in. I'm so surprised at how great and hard working the staff was. I was just on a little get away with my kids. It was perfect for the price. The pool area was great. I will for sure stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fargo
Rodeway Inn
Days Inn Fargo
Days Inn Fargo
#13 of 50 in Fargo
Courtyard Fargo Moorhead, MN

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Fargo? Share your experiences!