“The staff goes the extra mile and making sure you have a comfortable stay.”

Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I stay at this hotel whenever I travel to the Fargo area because of the staff. If something is not right they make it right.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites

Reviewed May 28, 2010

Staff was extremely rude upon checkin. I stopped by to see if i could check in early and the girl told me no read the sign Checkin is at 3 pm. Did not want to honor coupon as she said management decided not to accept any coupons after being told i could use. Told me I had to pay rack rate.

I had also requested outside room as I had my dog. They put me up on Second floor.

The rooms on main floor are about 4 feet wider than the upper floors and the people staying on main floor did not have dogs and they seemed to put everyone with dogs on the top floors.

I went down to get breakfast for 5 minutes. Upon my return front desk had called. the lady told me she got a complaint about my dog barking and that she came up and listened outside my door. She said you are not allowed to leave your dog alone in the room. This is NOT a pet friendly hotel even though they say they are. She was very nasty about the whole situation

For the entire day on the sunday the hotel had booked 2 birhtday parties from 12 - 8pm with about 20 kids. I asked when these would be over and was not happy that we could not use the pool all day. They didn't seem to care. It is not a very big play area to begin with and told me I was welcome to join in!

I would never ever stay at this hotel again. the employee Melissa is rude and quite nasty!

For the price I paid I should of stayed somewhere else. I was ready to leave after 1st day and should have. I have never been treated this way by anyone before.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank shopper2010
lamann, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2010

We are sorry to you feel you were treated poorly as this was not our intent. Our clerks try to accomodate guests who arrive at 11:00 am the day of arrival. Our policy is to let the guests in the hotel take up to 12:00 noon to depart. The coupon was honored at at checkin as requested. You are correct in saying we do not allow pets to be left unattended in guest room. thank you for apprising us of your dissatisfaction.

Reviewed April 11, 2010

So clean, cozy, quiet, & the room was huge! Chose this hotel because it was dog-friendly. Was able to take my 2 large dogs...no charges at all for my dogs, & no weight or size restrctions for them. And they gave treat bags for the dogs, a nice extra touch. Very impressed, will stay again!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Great place - clean, comfortable, roomy, one of my favourites.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2010

We've stayed at several hotels in Fargo in the mid and upper price ranges, and this hotel is the best value we have experienced. We will definitely stay here again! We experienced fast, friendly service, an extremely clean room, and a very relaxing atmosphere. It's really convenient that the rooms have fridges and microwaves, which helps make this place great for a weekend get-away. We also used the business center computer and printer which was so convenient, along with the wireless Internet connection in the room which was free and fast.

The pool area is definitely geared toward children, and as two adults, that was not appealing to us, but we did find some quiet time to use the hot tub one night around 10 pm. I also noticed that some rooms have outdoor entrances, but not all of them, so you may want to note your request accordingly on your reservation. Overall, what stuck out to me is how clean the room was, because that is a huge deal to me. The bathroom was so clean that I would have thought the hotel had only been open a few weeks! Also, the hotel was sold out and we never noticed any noise or delay in service.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Stayed here in September with friends during a shopping weekend. We come down from Canada yearly to shop and this is definitely the best hotel we have stayed at in the area. As soon as you walk in you feel right at home; the cozy atmosphere and log cabin decor makes you feel warm coming out of the cold. The rooms are very impressive for a Best Western. Beds were very comfy and the granite countertops in the bathroom were unexpected. The pool area looked like a lot of fun for kids; we used the jacuzzi, which was very relaxing after a long day of shopping. The breakfast was well appointed with the usual continental breakfast staples (the waffle machine was an added bonus).

We greatly enjoyed our stay and are looking forward to going back soon. Don't forget to eat at Paradiso if you are into Mexican food!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2010

I can't say enough about this hotel. From the moment you walk in the front desk staff is there with a warm greeting and quick check in. The rooms are a good size and the beds very comfortable. Pool area is fun for the kids...probably wouldn't be that much fun for older teens but my 9 and 4 year old loved in. The breakfast is good with the standard continental fair...I wish they had a few more choices like yogurt but who am I to complain when it is free and certainly meets our needs. All in all a great stay and we'll be back again!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family