“A Fargo staple”

Paradiso Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 330 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: For over 40 years, we have been the hot spot for birthdays and celebrations. Our delicious Mexican cuisine and atmosphere provide a fun dining experience in each of our five locations across North Dakota. Whether your group chooses to dine in Fargo, Bismarck, Minot, Jamestown or Grand Forks, you will receive free chips and salsa and extraordinary specials. Every day of the week has its own special on everything from nachos to fajitas to dessert! When deciding on a Mexican restaurant to celebrate a birthday or relax, choose Paradiso.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“A Fargo staple”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here with friends and family since I was just a kid. Now every time I even pass through Fargo, it is an absolute must to stop at! Unreal food and fast service. Love paradiso!

Wisconsin Yah Der Hey!
“Colorful Place”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Ate at Paradiso years ago when in town. Met a friend / both were in town on business. Parking lot was packed, but plenty of open tables. A lot of people appeared to be there for happy hour / taco bar. Had a combo plate / tamale, taco, enchilada, tried my friend's seafood enchilada. Asked for chicken, got beef in taco. Food was ok, but I'll probably try somewhere smaller if I return to Fargo. Waitress was pleasant. Atmosphere was fun. Had a some chocolate / Carmel / ice cream dessert; just ok.

• Visited December 2013
Fargo, North Dakota
“Hot food in cold weather!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Good food, reasonable prices. My hotel was close so it was a short walk in -17 weather.
Free chips and salsa while waiting were very good. The Hot Salsa was great. Service (at the bar) was fast and attentive. Food Came out fast and hot. More than I could Eat (Combination Magnifco platter) and not because of the chips and salsa....

Too many tv's on NBA and hockey for my liking, especially when NCAA conference championship football is available!

• Visited December 2013
Manitoba, Canada
“Great Decor, Good food!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I went here for lunch, and overall I enjoyed my stay. I ordered a super burrito with shredded chicken and found it to be good. They also had tacos and salsa you can have as you waited. I tried the extra hot salsa (which nice and hot!). Portion size it wasn't too bad, as I wasn't hungry afterwards.

Service was good overall, as they helped decribed some items on the menu, got some hot sauce that wasn't avaible on the table, and point out the tacos and salsa. The only thing that I found to be a little bit fustrating was the long wait for the waitress to come back once I got my bill.

The atmosphere is really good as it definitely has a mexican feel to it. For an interesting twist they also had christmas decorations which I enjoyed. When I went, I found it wasn't overly too busy and I didn't have to wait too long for my meal.

• Visited November 2013
“So sad…”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Let me start with saying I am very well traveled, the US, Mexico, and 25+ other country's.
I truly enjoy great Mexican food, I try to keep an open mind when I try a new place and try something other than Fajitas or taco salad.
I ordered a combination plate, My friend that I was with ordered a burrito. I have no idea what kind of meat that was, I was told it was beef but it did not look like any beats that I have ever seen, even beef that has "Mexican"seasoning in it. My friends burrito came out with some sort of seafood sauce all over the top, Our waitress was very apologetic and took it right back to the kitchen. My friend ate after I was done.
Now back to my combo…
As best as I can tell, they melted cheese all over the plate for some sort of aesthetic look. Fail.
The refried beans were very very soupy and almost cold in temp.
It takes very little effort to make beans tasty, a few of the right seasonings with some salt and garlic among other things can make beans and refried beans awesome.
Back to the meet issue, I have no idea what that was, I would've liking it closer to some sort of a well ground meal/paste that you would give your dog out of a can.
The lettuce was warm and limp, lettuce "should" be cold and crisp.
Needless to say I was very disappointed, likewise I was very disappointed an hour later when the trip to the restroom proved to be the lowest point of my day after that restaurant.
The service was wonderful, the waiters and waitresses worked very hard to keep drinks full and customers happy.
The failure is through the management and the kitchen.
Bummer.