“July 3rd Celebration”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“July 3rd Celebration”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We are trying to find a good restaurant before the July 4th holiday - since most places are closed on the holidays. We found the restaurant to be comfortable and quiet. There were several folks outside enjoying the warm July day but our inside seating fit our party of three well. The waiter was excellent and the food met our needs. The French Onion soup was very good and the walleye pike will be a very good memory. Of course we went for conversation and comfort which was very natural in this type of setting.

We celebrated each other and this type of restaurant engaged us in this type of outing.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Roy3752

Wimauma, Florida
“Nice”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Food was good. There were six of us and each had something different. No one disliked their meal. It was all tasty and well prepared. Service was also good. We don't share the negative reviews others have given this restaurant. We would eat there again. While it was not exceptional, it was quite acceptable.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ryco
Fargo, North Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dated salad bar and mediocre steak”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The food is poor for the price, the quality similar to an Applebee's. The salad bar was something out of the early 70's as absolutely no creativity. Remember canned corn and garbanzo beans? The mirrors were dirty as well as the wooden salt and pepper shakers on the table. We asked for a different set but they were also grimy. Except for the bar server the staff rarely frequented out table. We had to ask for her to refill water and she disappeared and only returned when we were finished eating.

WOULD NOT EVER GO THERE AGAIN!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank BarKris5
“Very dissapointed. Overly priced poor quality food.”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I went here for our anniversary and were quite dissapointed. The only thing going for this place is the cozy atmosphere. I had scallops which were over done and had absolutely no flavor. My husband had the shrimp scampi which was also overdone. NOT even close to being worth the 70 bucks they charged us for the lame meal. Applebees is far better. We will never eat there again.

• Visited April 2013
Moorhead, Minnesota
“In the mood for steak? Go somewhere else!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I went here for our anniversary. This place USED to be the fancy place to go. We were excited to try something new. BIG mistake. We walked in and were greeted by a young gal wearing tan booty shorts. Not something I would like to see when I first walk in on my anniversary with my husband. All the gals had their hair down. (Working in the industry, this is a big no-no). We had 2 or 3 different servers. One took our drink order and the other one took our food order.

The place needs some major updating. It still looks as though it did back in the 90's. It is not very private if you sit at a table. And all the tables are SUPER close together so you can hear everyone's conversation.

Food: I had the steak and scallop dish. The steak was super tough and over cooked. I ordered it Medium and it was definitely WELL done. The scallops tasted old. My husband had the New York Strip and his was over cooked as well. The sides were less than medicore and the salad bar is nothing to write home about.

Our total came to $80.00. We could have got a much better meal/service from a different steak place for about $30.00 cheaper.

Just don't think this place is as happening as it used to be.

• Visited February 2013