“Cork N' Cleaver”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Wonderful cozy atmosphere. Private patio seating available also. Great food and good salad bar.

1  Thank duckye

Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

They don't know how to prepare a steak. It was ordered medium and arrived super dry inside. Same for wifes steak. I wanted prime rib but they were sold out at 7 pm The lettuce was wilted. I wouldn't go back if it was free. This is the truth

2  Thank 58,078
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is a wonderful atmosphere for a quiet night out on the town. Attentive servers and wonderful food but higher prices too.

1  Thank radtech4
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I have been going here for years, always great! The food is wonderful. Love the salad bar. Great drinks. Also nice, cozy atmosphere.

1  Thank scnmg
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We visited the Cork 'N cleaver for the first time on our 4th Anniversary. I mentioned that it was our anniversary when i intially made the reservation but no mention was made about it during our visit. I haved in Miami/Ft Lauderdale most of my life and Las Vegas, I have traved around the world twice and i have graduated from culinary school. just to give you an idea of my culinary understanding.
The atmosphere at the Cork N' Clever is wonderful, felt as if we were home. We were quickly seated and that was very pleasant.
Now the first server comes along to take our drink order, she was knowledgable and very helpful. Down to earth and pleasant. then comes our food waitress, she on the other hand sounds like a robot. Her tone is sing songy and very reheased, phony if you will. She does have a good memory though. We decide on the salad bar, good selection, items on the salad bar are fresh and great tasting. Similar to a Ruby Tuesday salad bar. The potatos Salad was my favorite as it had plenty of egg in it. We are served sour dough bread, soft exterior, soft interior, would be better with a crunchier crust and the honey butter is a nice touch.
Our food comes, my wife has order the filet (medium) with Fettuccine Alfredo and I ordered Prime Rib(medium rare) with the Red River Potato. My wifes meat was frankly overcooked but we do not want to complain it was an average filet as was my prime rib, average but it was cooked properly. had the food cost less it would be fine, but this is a pricey restaurant with average food. The Alfredo had fried onions which is common to a Bechamel sauce, not Alfredo Sauce.
The way the service is set up it appears is what I call group service. We observed that everytime the waitress came to do one thing with a table she did all the tables. We felt as if there was not individual service. Nothing was forgotten though so the wait staff does pay attention.
The menu looks very interesting but having tried out some of the dishes that they seem to be known for I would not be anxious to return. The prices are high and the service ok. The food is at best mediocre and for the price and supposedly one of the best restaurants in Fargo dissapointing to say the least.

Been to Cork N' Cleaver? Share your experiences!