“Very Tasty Meal”

Passage to India
Ranked #11 of 333 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Passage to India opened in August 2005 and is located inside the Westfield Strip Mall Fargo. Since then, Chef Alham Ali, Chef Birkha Moger, and Chef Sam Rangaswamy have been serving both quality interpretations of classic dishes and daring new ventures to suit the Midwestern palate. Passage to India's interior, as recently remodeled, reflects the urban sensibilities of Fargo's growth while also paying tribute to India's storied past and culture. The restaurant features a daily lunch buffet with over 20 options including a cold bar, vegetarian dishes, and non-vegetarian dishes (highly recommended for first-timers). Following lunch, the restaurant serves full service a La Carte up till close at 9:30p.
Winnipeg, Canada
“Very Tasty Meal”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Our party of 5 enjoyed our recent visit. We all sampled different entres and everyone was very happy with their meal. Service was attentive and water glasses were refilled without even asking. The pace of the meal was just right we had enough of a pause between courses to allow us to enjoy our meal without feeling rushed. Portions sizes were what we would expected and 3 of us packaged our leftovers to have another night. The meal was wonderfully flavorful and very enjoyable and we will return on our next visit to Fargo.

• Visited February 2014

Winnipeg, Canada
“Small Portions”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We went for dinner based on the reviews here on Tripadvisor. The food was alright, but the portions were very small. I would return to try the buffet, but would not go back unless the buffet was open! East Indian food in Winnipeg ranks much higher!!!!

Visited February 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Try the Curry it tastes good and is good for you.”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Buffet with frequent fresh food from the kitchen. Nice staff that go out of their way to help the physically challenged. Prices are good especially for senior citizens, Even if you have not developed a taste for Indian food you will fing many thins you will enjoy.

Visited April 2013
Grand Forks
“Mind = blown”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We traveled from Grand Forks to try this restaurant because we didn't have anything going on and we had read the reviews last time we were in town.

The price was a bit out of our normal budget but you get what you pay for and it was still very affordable. We were seated right away without a reservation on a Saturday night which I didn't expect. The service was exceptional and friendly.

It's obvious the the building is maintained and taken care of. Nothing appeared dirty in the slightest and I'm very picky about that.

I typically eat American food. I know nothing about Indian food and was nervous for that reason. The menu was easy to read with pictures and numbers for every dish so I didn't struggle pronouncing the names. The staff gladly answers any questions without looking down on you like at other places.

The food came out very fast and was exceptional. I have nothing bad to say. We will be back.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Cody B
Fargo, North Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food for Better Life”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The mark of a good restaurant is not necessarily its size, but the quality of its food and the generosity of its staff. Along that line, some of the finest dining experiences I've had throughout my several visits to Indian suburbs have been in the small diners and dives scattered throughout India (Kashmir to Kanyakumari). These visits to Indian restaurants have given me fleeting glimpse of Indian culture and cuisine. Considering that I never imagined that I could have same sort of taste in USA. A short trip to Fargo has changed my perception. Now I can definitely say that “Passage to India” is among these gems that I ever thought of in my home country. Visiting the “Passage to India” was certainly an experience to remember. The location of the restaurant makes it appear promising. It’s pretty close to Jefferson bus stop, Walmart, and other shopping destinations. The owners were at least wise in this regard, having selected a spot with many connectivity.

Furthermore, as review revolves around foods. Let’s talk about the food and other services. The food was fantastic and you will be thinking about it long after the meal is over. The butter chicken was having great taste with tender piece of moist chicken with cardamom and other balanced mix of Indian spices. I will vouch for “Aloo Gobhi Gum” and North Indian style goat meat curry. The chef has mastered the art of perfect aloo cooking and does a brilliant job of making unparalleled dishes. Last but not the least, I would say all the dishes were having complete Indian taste and truly reciprocate the feeling of having unique aroma of Indian food. I would strongly recommend to try "Passage to India"

• Visited October 2013