“Of the many Indian restaurants I've visited, this one is among the best!”
Review of Passage to India

Passage to India
Ranked #25 of 340 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Passage to India opened in August 2005 and is located inside the Westfield Strip Mall Fargo. Since then, Chef Alham Ali, Chef Birkha Moger, and Chef Sam Rangaswamy have been serving both quality interpretations of classic dishes and daring new ventures to suit the Midwestern palate. Passage to India's interior, as recently remodeled, reflects the urban sensibilities of Fargo's growth while also paying tribute to India's storied past and culture. The restaurant features a daily lunch buffet with over 20 options including a cold bar, vegetarian dishes, and non-vegetarian dishes (highly recommended for first-timers). Following lunch, the restaurant serves full service a La Carte up till close at 9:30p.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

As a vegetarian family we often seek out an Indian restaurant when traveling because we can be pretty sure of getting a satisfying meal. My son has a summer job in Fargo and I visited to help him move into his apartment. I googled and quickly found this restaurant. Honestly I was shocked to find such a spectacular Indian restaurant in the small city of Fargo, North Dakota. My son and I were there for dinner on May 5th, and we ordered off the menu rather than having a buffet. My son had the Palak Paneer and I had Bengan Bartha as entrees, and we ordered plain naan, chai, and a mango lassi. Everything was excellent. Personally I prefer my palak (spinach) less smooth than the way it's served here (pureed), BUT the flavor was rich and the paneer was firm without being tough. Spicy but not too much (served "medium"). The Bengan Bartha was the second-best I've had anywhere - a teeny bit more of a roasted flavor would put it at the top. The flavor was great and it didn't have the greasy feel that I often experience with this dish. Yum! The mango lassi, seriously, tasted like mangoes that had just been pureed in a blender. Their chai surpasses all others. Often chai is served pre-sweetened and it's too sweet for me. This one came to the table unsweetened, with a tea pot containing a second serving and with a small sugar bowl and spoon. Perfect! Highly recommended!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The dinner and the buffet at Passage to India is usually delicious. The service is always awesome. The restaurant is clean and tidy. A very good place in Fargo for family outing.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The lunch buffet was awesome. Something for our whole family to enjoy and so yummy! I wish I lived in Fargo if for no other reason than to go here to eat.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

went on easter monday on our way home to winnipeg. The buffet had a large selection and the food was very tasty. Our kids loved it too! the chicken korma was very tender. This is the first indian buffet we've found that included the naan bread. We also found the price more reasonable than other indian buffets we've tried.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My family has been coming here for almost 5 years now (we live 3 hours away.) Great food, great atmosphere, but leave i t to Vandana for the finishing touch. Makes you feel at home, keep up the great work!

Been to Passage to India? Share your experiences!