“Great Free Breakfast!”

Expressway Suites of Fargo
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed February 13, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a farming conference. It turned out great. My room was large and I had no problem with the Free Wireless internet. On the way out to the conference, I got mini omellettes and bacon. WOW! This was best hotel in Fargo, I have stayed at. Hot Tubs were nice too!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed September 15, 2009

I would suggest this hotel for anyone staying in the Fargo area. It is clean, new, close to mall and other Fargo attaractions. My wife and 3 children have stayed there on a couple occasions and have found it very satisfactory. On my last stay, we had to keep our 5 year old son up all night for some sleep deprived medical tests the following day. As you can imagine that was a very challenging thing to do. The staff and managment who were on duty that night were more than accomodating and I felt like they even took a personal interest in our plight and went out of their way to help me keep my little guy happy and occupied. very satisfied with my stay and will be going back in the future

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank schaefjack
Reviewed November 19, 2008

After reading the previous negative reviews on this property, I just had to set the record straight and communicate the experience we had.

We visited the Expressway Suites for a couple nights over the Veteran's Day weekend and were pleasantly surprised by the value of this hotel compared to others in the area. Using the coupon from the Winnipeg Free Press, we booked a very large King suite (which included a comfortable mattress and pull-out sofa) for $74.99 a night. Not only were we impressed with the cleanliness and spaciousness of the rooms, the amenities included a microwave, bar fridge, flat screen TV mounted on the wall and a large bathroom with a great shower and great water flow (something many hotels lack these days).

Add to that the hot breakfast in the morning (including bacon and eggs) and the manager's social from Monday to Thursday from 4:30 to 6:30 that include two free alcoholic beverages and hot entree (chili for us) for each guest in the room. We were treated to two large pints of beer apiece and even asked if we wanted another.

The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly and even though we didn't use it, the pool and waterslide, fitness area and business center were well-equipped and welcome additions to most traveler's needs.

It's conveniently located about one block from the mall in an area behind the Ramada that does not have much street traffic.

All in all, a wonderful stay and a property we will definately recommend to others and return to - especially during the week!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank PegTraveller
Reviewed November 9, 2008

My daughter and I will never stay at an Expressway Suites again. When we made the reservation about two months ago, we asked for a AARP rate, as I am a member, and they quoted us a rate of $84.95 for the night we were staying, when we came to check out of the motel, they charged us $104.95. My daughter explained to them what we were quoted on the phone when she made the reservation and they would not listen to her at all and said SORRY but that is the rate we are charging. If that is what this motel does, I hope NO ONE stays at this motel again. Watch what you pay when you check out, this was the motel in Fargo, ND.

Stayed: November 2008
2  Thank LilydogFargo
Reviewed August 16, 2008

My son was injured by another guest in the pool area and the hotel didn't seem to care--neither night clerk or hotel management later. Horseplay is allowed in pool area so not safe for young children. Running up and down halls also happened during our stay. Signs are posted but not followed.
If you are retired or are with a family--I would not stay here but if you are there to party--this is your hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank thefamdad
Reviewed August 15, 2008

This is a newer hotel located very close to West Acre Mall. We stayed in a Deluxe King Suite (my husband, 18 month old son & I) . The room was very nice. I actually felt the need to take my shoes off it was so clean! There was a sofa and coffee table, as well as a table with 2 chairs, in the room, and a flat screen TV on the wall. The room was quite spacious and also had a small fridge & a microwave. The fact that it's non-smoking hotel was a huge plus to us.

The continental breakfast was excellent. Aside from the usual (cereals, toasts, muffins) there was a waffle maker, as well as bacon & scrambled eggs. If you stay Mon-Thurs night they have a "manager's special" dinner from 4:30-6:30pm, where they serve a small dinner (we had chili) and you get 2 complimentary alcohol beverages per person.

The pool is small, but was perfect for my son. For the price, this hotel was fantastic. I have no complaints whatsoever! We will stay her again when we go back to Fargo.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank gevsmom