“Excellent hotel in its class”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fargo
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed here on a recent trip to Fargo. We were extremely happy with the hotel. The room was clean, spacious and well-furnished. The sleeper couch was even comfortable to sit on and that never happens. The staff was very pleasant and the breakfast was good. We were able to hear our neighbors more than I would have liked but that isn't unusual with hotels like this. There were many restaurants close by and the shopping center is a short drive away. Definitely will return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Fargo

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in Aug. 2013. The staff was friendly and the room clean. However, we did have an issue with the bathroom smelling like sewer gas. We were promptly moved by the helpful staff to a new suite without any delay. The breakfast area was a little crowded in the morning.

The room was designed in a modern style and I quite liked it. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of the town's mall.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear HeadingSoFromSD S,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Fargo. I'm glad you enjoyed our stylish and clean rooms. I'm sorry to hear that your bathroom smelled, but I'm happy that my staff was able to get this taken care of promptly. I also apologize that breakfast was crowded. We look forward to your next visit.

Lorri Dodd

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Room was comfortable, staff here was friendly and capable. Inside pool was nice to use. Only 3 stories, not a large building. Easy to find off the highway, just a few miles N from I-90. Near a large mall that had lots of restaurants. Breakfast was average, but filling. Air conditioning too close to the bed, this is common. Noise is not avoidable. Very clean room.

Room Tip: Rooms to the East quietest, as there is a huge field next to hotel, undeveloped.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The only complaint I would raise about this hotel, and Marriott in general, is there is an abundance of feather pillows and a scarcity of foam ones. I personally have allergies to feathers and find the whole idea of having them in my pillow a bit unsanitary.
Ok. Another issue: the AC is set on 65 and I'm still burning up. I suspect it's about 75 in here.

• Stayed: August 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Don_PatricioTexas,
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn Fargo. I do apologize about your pillows. We do keep extra foam pillows at the front desk and are more than happy to bring them to you if you need. In fact if you tell us before hand we can make sure that all of your feather pillows are switched with foam ones before your arrival. I do hope that you will keep this in mind if you are in the Fargo area again. We look forward to your return visit.

Lorri D

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our experience at this hotel was terrible. We often travel to the Fargo area for shopping and events, and chose this Fairfield over our usual Courtyard for a change since it was closer to shopping. A big mistake that we won't be making again!!

When we first arrived in our room, there was a slight odor. Nothing too major - we could deal with that. Before bed, I went to put a bottle of water in the fridge for the night only to find someone's leftover takeout food sitting in the fridge - hence the source of the smell.

The air conditioner sounded like a diesel engine was running in our room - and that was without the compressor actually being on. The AC unit was ancient (see attached photo). I woke up a couple times baking, and had to get up to reset the AC so it would run again.

The mattress was very old. The springs had been long since worn out. We both kind of sank into the middle of the bed, despite all efforts not to do so. This also caused the sheets of the bed to come undone, exposing the bare mattress. We had to both get out of bed throughout the night to re-make the bed so the bottom sheet was actually covering the mattress. In the morning, we noticed the lovely condition of the mattress (see attached photo) and were disgusted that we had been sleeping with that against our bare skin.

I am normally not one to brag or be a snob about airline / hotel status, but I am a Marriott Gold Elite member. This was acknowledged by the person checking us in. One of the perks of this status is that I should receive a "Complimentary Room Upgrade, based on room availability at check-in". Our room was a queen, next to the elevator. After checking in, I looked at the Marriott website, and I was able to book 3 King studio suites. Thanks for the upgrade...

I woke up tired, hot, cranky, and disgusted by the gross mattress I had been sleeping on. Pretty much ruined the trip for me. Never again, Fairfield Fargo!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason B
FargoFFS_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Without your valuable feedback we wouldn't know where our weaknesses lie and what we need to do to fix them. I am truly sorry that you had a negative experience while staying with us. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and we failed to meet your expectations. I want to assure you that I have addressed every concern that you mentioned. The A/C unit has since been replaced and the mattress has been fixed. I have also talked to my housekeeping staff regarding the dirty fridge. I'm very happy that we were able to be in contact and get everything sorted out. I do invite you back to the Fargo Fairfield Inn and Suites the next time you are in the area so that we can show you what we have done to improve our service.

Lorri D

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed one night. Not terrible, pretty average. A few down points - I found the bed quite uncomfortable, sagging and poor support. No firm pillows. Lastly the A/C unit was poor, noisy and no way to set the temperature, you can only set hot or cool and then turn a dial for more or less. Clean though and otherwise quiet.

It's on the better end of cheap motel. I've previously stayed at wingate in Fargo which was really nice, and comparable price. If paying standard rates I would easily take Wingate, but this was a Priceline win at $50 so the price was right and good value at that price.

• Stayed: June 2013
FargoFFS_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I would like to thank you for your kind words and feedback from your recent stay at the Fargo Fairfield Inn & Suites. I would like to personally apologize that your stay with us was less than perfect. Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we are always looking for ways to improve. We hope that in the future if you are in the area you would give the Fargo Fairfield Inn & Suites another try. Sincerely, Lorri Dodd General Manager

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was a very good experience.
I'm not a real fan of this chane but this hotel could change my mind.
Very updated, clean, confortable; breackfast very good and people very nice.
They are taking a very good care of this facility, from the TV in the room to the counter in the bathroom, from the lobby to the floors....all very nice ... well done

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business