Days Inn & Suites Fargo 19th Ave/Airport Dome
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Poor value”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

The hotel parking lot was covered with a snowfall from two days earlier. Our bed did not have a top sheet, and the bottom sheet did not fit properly. We were switched to a different room, which had top sheets on the beds, but the bottom sheets still fit poorly. The beds were lumpy. No cleaning service was provided on our second day. The breakfast was mediocre. Aside from a waffle machine, breakfast consisted of just cereal and rolls. No yogurt was provided.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Phoenix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

Stayed three nights while on business at NDSU; I paid $63/night on Priceline. Unlike some hotels, I don't believe I received any different treatment based on how I booked.

Some good things: The front desk service was very friendly. I dealt with three different hosts and they were all easygoing, efficient, and smiley. There were lots of pillows on my bed, and I think they were fairly new, and the mattress was pretty firm, not saggy at all. The shower head is newer and mounted quite high up - I'm SPG gold and usually stay at a Westin, and my primary complaint with their "heavenly" baths is that the shower heads are too-often mounted at (practically) waist height. This Days Inn shower head was way up there and had good pressure and hot water. If you like to eat chain-restaurant food, it's within spitting distance of BWW, Applebee's, BK, and Subway. If you stayed here for a Fargodome event, you could easily skip a rental car. Free wi-fi was easy to get on; too slow to stream video but fine to push email. Basically, this older hotel has good "bones" - the foundations that could make it great, with just a few tweaks. In fact, turning a blind eye to my minor complaints, you could imagine that you are at a much more expensive hotel, so with that in mind, I think it's a bargain for what I paid.

Some complaints: My shower curtain was a nasty yellow color, was torn, and stank. There was hair in my sink when I arrived. (I don't think it was the housekeeper's, because the girl I saw wore a headscarf. How odd - a previous guest's!?) There isn't a lot of counterspace and the coffeemaker took up most of it - but I couldn't move it because the cord is mounted to the wall! I had to perch it on the side of the trash just to have it out of the way. The bathroom fan sounded like a jet engine, and didn't really do much. The bedspread was worn, smelly, and ugly - I kicked it to the floor immediately. My TV, though it appeared newer, gave off such an irritating high-pitched sound when it was on that I just didn't watch it. Location is handy to the airport, but you'll be hearing airport noise all day and night. I wanted to leave the window open because there was a slight smell in the room (just "old hotel room" smell, nothing particularly gross), but airport noise prevented that. With the window shut, noise was minimal. (I could also note that the part of the window one uses to open/shut it was cracked in my room, likely from a clumsy guest, and that could be replaced.) Almost no "within-hotel" noise, except when the room next to mine was vacuumed before 9am! (I was coming from Pacific time, and it was 7am to me.) Yikes! I didn't come-to enough to stumble out the door to ask her to come back later before she had moved on to making the bed. Sigh. The taxi-paid shuttle arrangement is fine and efficient; while my taxi driver was friendly, he smoked, and he and his car stank. Seemed a little bizarre, seeing as the Days Inn is non-smoking.

I was satisfied at $63, but if I'd paid more, I might be less enthusiastic.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank slimmershadier
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

Booked online and was $150.00 CDN for two nights. Awesome.

Very quiet and not fancy. But it was clean and easy access location to the airport and the cities businesses including the mall for shoppers.

Checked in w/out problem. Room was just what I had booked, queen bed, second floor. Note; there is no elevator. Room was clean although bathroom was somewhat dingy and could use updating. In room bar fridge, coffee maker and hair dryer. Two chairs and table in corner. Average.

Never a loud night and very quiet area. All we were there to do was sleep, as we were on a shopping trip. Never tried the pool. Breakfast offered was average, mostly carb type foods, no fruit, yogurt or healthy options. Coffee, tea and juice offered.

Good place for couples, but not romantic and no real extras.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ManitobaLady
Bloomington, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2010

I must start of by saying I was pretty skeptical about staying here since it is a Days Inn. It has recently been renovated and looks very nice!

I arrived on Monday April 5th around 7pm, greeted by Brett, who according to his namebadge is the Front Desk Manager.He was very nice, check in with him was very fast and efficent. I pre booked this online so maybe that helped. He informed me that there was breakfast in the morning, computers in the lobby, and the pool and spa hours....

I must admit, I am a frequent to Fargo and this was my first time at this hotel, it is on the north side of town, kind of off the beaten path... but worth the extra mile. I will make this my number one choice from now on. I booked a single queen bedroom and got a rate of 84.99 plus tax. Worth it in my opinion, seems to be the average price in Fargo-Moorhead unless you want to stay at a Super 8 or motel 6.

The room was nicely done, the bed comforters were very nice! My only complaint in the room is the GREEN CARPET!!! Room was clean, microwave and refridgrator in the room a nice touch, bathroom was small but didn't bother me. Shower was spacious with the head of the shower being high up which is a big pro for me because I am 6'2. Even the queen bed fit me perfectly!

Maid service was good, friendly and efficent. Breakfast was typical fruit, muffins, coffee, waffles and more.... One request maybe you can get some flavored syrups or creamer for your coffee? I have seen many other hotels adding this.

The morning staff was friendly as well. These people really do care about their customers. You can see it in the service they give and how personable they are. The parking lot is good, close to the door with two side doors.

Pool was a little cold but fine once you were in there for 5 min. The spa was hot and worked well. Needed high speed internet for work, there is free wireless internet in the whole hotel free of charge.

Keep up the great work Days Inn, you have hooked a business traveler everytime I am in Fargo. 2-3 times a month. Also one last thing love the big, plush linens!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Barnsville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2010

Our Barnsville Hockey Group Stayed at the hotel for 4 days(33 rooms). Great Remodel Job from last time we were there. Breakfast was warm,clean and organized, we also were thankful there were 2 guest computers. This place was much improved from when we stayed in 2007 I think they have new owners or management as the manager was a new face and was there from morning to night all four days. I was very impressed by that as she was not just there but hands on at the front area.
The staff was wonderful excluding the night gentleman that has nothing nice to say about the hotel or the company he works for.(we all think its time for him to retire) But add in the manager Kammie and our whole team stay was 110%. Our last night the manager bought us pizza and donated the meeting room to us so that we would have a gathering place, Id say she went abouve and beyond as she was still there at 4am when I went to bed! Snaps for the Days Inn of Fargo!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2009

We stayed in this hotel in the past due to a snow storm and had a wonderful experience. We met family in Fargo for the weekend so decided to go back to Days Inn and stay again, but this time the experience was HORRIBLE.

First off, check in was extremly slow as the lady who checked us (mandy according to her name badge) in was on the phone during the whole process, but she still proceeded to check us in giving more attention to the person on the phone.

-We had requested a room with two double beds on the first floor, but ended up getting a room with one queen bed on the second floor. I went back to the desk to ask why we only had one bed, this time Cami was at the desk, she told me that is what I booked and she couldn't move me because they were full. She was very rude about the situation and there was no apology accepted. I asked for a cot, and she told me there was a $10 charge, they still charged me even though they messed up!

Once it was shift change a younger looking girl named Shannon was working the front desk. We asked her were Brett was (he gave us the great experience last time) and she had informed us he didn't work there anymore. I would like to jusy say congrats to brett for leaving that place!

The hotel is clean and nice but it needs good customer service which it doesn't have. The next day we went down for breakfast and it was empty. Mandy was working again that orning, I asked if it would be filled and she said NO breakfast is over in ten minutes, agian being very snippy.
The spa didnt work, the jets were broke.

Overall, the second experience blew it for us. We will never stay at the hotel again. It is nice and has great potiental but the service sucks. Also the price this time was high. Last time we paid $80. The rate we got this time was $159 and let me tell you that hotel is worth NO more than 90 per night. whats so fancy about it?! NOTHING! You can get a room at the Holiday Inn or Radisson, somewhere much nicer for $159!

Don't stay here and waste your money, spend wisley and go across the the Homewood by Hilton, I bet they will treat you friendly because there is more than one attendent at teh counter!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Minnesota City, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2009

My husband was working at the Fargo Dome for the Boat Show, so we wanted to stay at a hotel close by and reasonable. We ended up going with the Days Inn because it's across the street from the dome.

When I first apporached the hotel it looked old and rundown, but as I entered the lobby was nice and clean with a fireplacing lit. The staff was very nice and let me have an early check-in (12:30 vs. 3).

I walked up the stairs to our room (no elevator) and the hallway had 5 gallon buckets of paint and tools laying around....they were busy remodeling. I entered our room that reeked of fresh paint (which I would welcome vs. a room reeking of pet urine). The room was surprisingly small (queen bed), but it was clean. I opened the window to air it out (even though it was 30below zero. There was a mini fridge and microwave available. They have a hair dryer and coffee maker (which was kind of dirty and old, but worked, somewhat). The only had hand soap and shampoo (I am a conditioner girl).

The free breakfast wasn't good at all. They offered waffles (which I usually enjoy), but I think the batter was old because the waffles were the worst I've ever had, anywhere. I ended up throwing it away. There was no fresh fruit as they advertised, which we both usually enjoy...so I ended up having a piece of raisin-bread toast with jelly (no peanut butter either) and my husband had a 'danish'.

My ending comment is: the rooms were reasonable (in that part of town) small, cozy and most importantly to me...clean. The hotel seemed safe and the staff is courteous.

• Liked — staff was friendly
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business