“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Barnsville
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Our Barnsville Hockey Group Stayed at the hotel for 4 days(33 rooms). Great Remodel Job from last time we were there. Breakfast was warm,clean and organized, we also were thankful there were 2 guest computers. This place was much improved from when we stayed in 2007 I think they have new owners or management as the manager was a new face and was there from morning to night all four days. I was very impressed by that as she was not just there but hands on at the front area.
The staff was wonderful excluding the night gentleman that has nothing nice to say about the hotel or the company he works for.(we all think its time for him to retire) But add in the manager Kammie and our whole team stay was 110%. Our last night the manager bought us pizza and donated the meeting room to us so that we would have a gathering place, Id say she went abouve and beyond as she was still there at 4am when I went to bed! Snaps for the Days Inn of Fargo!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We stayed in this hotel in the past due to a snow storm and had a wonderful experience. We met family in Fargo for the weekend so decided to go back to Days Inn and stay again, but this time the experience was HORRIBLE.

First off, check in was extremly slow as the lady who checked us (mandy according to her name badge) in was on the phone during the whole process, but she still proceeded to check us in giving more attention to the person on the phone.

-We had requested a room with two double beds on the first floor, but ended up getting a room with one queen bed on the second floor. I went back to the desk to ask why we only had one bed, this time Cami was at the desk, she told me that is what I booked and she couldn't move me because they were full. She was very rude about the situation and there was no apology accepted. I asked for a cot, and she told me there was a $10 charge, they still charged me even though they messed up!

Once it was shift change a younger looking girl named Shannon was working the front desk. We asked her were Brett was (he gave us the great experience last time) and she had informed us he didn't work there anymore. I would like to jusy say congrats to brett for leaving that place!

The hotel is clean and nice but it needs good customer service which it doesn't have. The next day we went down for breakfast and it was empty. Mandy was working again that orning, I asked if it would be filled and she said NO breakfast is over in ten minutes, agian being very snippy.
The spa didnt work, the jets were broke.

Overall, the second experience blew it for us. We will never stay at the hotel again. It is nice and has great potiental but the service sucks. Also the price this time was high. Last time we paid $80. The rate we got this time was $159 and let me tell you that hotel is worth NO more than 90 per night. whats so fancy about it?! NOTHING! You can get a room at the Holiday Inn or Radisson, somewhere much nicer for $159!

Don't stay here and waste your money, spend wisley and go across the the Homewood by Hilton, I bet they will treat you friendly because there is more than one attendent at teh counter!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Minnesota City, Minnesota
Reviewed January 30, 2009

My husband was working at the Fargo Dome for the Boat Show, so we wanted to stay at a hotel close by and reasonable. We ended up going with the Days Inn because it's across the street from the dome.

When I first apporached the hotel it looked old and rundown, but as I entered the lobby was nice and clean with a fireplacing lit. The staff was very nice and let me have an early check-in (12:30 vs. 3).

I walked up the stairs to our room (no elevator) and the hallway had 5 gallon buckets of paint and tools laying around....they were busy remodeling. I entered our room that reeked of fresh paint (which I would welcome vs. a room reeking of pet urine). The room was surprisingly small (queen bed), but it was clean. I opened the window to air it out (even though it was 30below zero. There was a mini fridge and microwave available. They have a hair dryer and coffee maker (which was kind of dirty and old, but worked, somewhat). The only had hand soap and shampoo (I am a conditioner girl).

The free breakfast wasn't good at all. They offered waffles (which I usually enjoy), but I think the batter was old because the waffles were the worst I've ever had, anywhere. I ended up throwing it away. There was no fresh fruit as they advertised, which we both usually enjoy...so I ended up having a piece of raisin-bread toast with jelly (no peanut butter either) and my husband had a 'danish'.

My ending comment is: the rooms were reasonable (in that part of town) small, cozy and most importantly to me...clean. The hotel seemed safe and the staff is courteous.

• Liked — staff was friendly
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
ND
Reviewed May 19, 2008

MOST of the staff were friendly and the rooms were very clean. What broke the stay for me was the unreliable courtesy rides and 2 unscheduled wake up calls, one at midnight. I stayed for a total of four days, requested 3 rides to work and only recieved one. I also had my 2 small children with me so that midnight wake up call made it extra special. I wouldn't recommend it to my friends nor would I stay there myself again!

Stayed May 2008
Bemidji, Minnesota
Reviewed November 5, 2006

What a nice spot to stay. Not the fanciest place, but the folks here were pleasant and helpful, the room was very clean, and it was quiet!

If you're on a budget and looking for a good place close to the airport - here is your place to stay!

• Stayed October 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
seattle, wa.
Reviewed March 26, 2006

On a business trip that included El Paso, Lubbock, San Antonio, Kansas City, and the last stop, Fargo, ND. Was pleasantly surprised on the Fargo leg by the accomodations. Not fancy by any means, but excellent for a business trip, and those on a budget. Location is convenient to just about everything, including the Fargo Dome, airport, and a variety of restaurants. Noticed that the indoor pool was being used by other guests upon my arrival. One caveat: the hotel doesn't have an elevator. IMHO, clean, accomodative, and a good value. Will be back later in the year.

Now, if they could just do something about the winter weather...

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 22, 2006

We got into the hotel, checked in, and the staff was very nice about everything, very prompt. Our room was big and clean, the bathrooms were fine, but the chairs were a bit uncomfortable, but not much of a problem. The pool was really small, but we didn't use it much.
The breakfast the next morning was really what you'd except, it was really good, above average. They had plenty of tables for you to sit at, catch up on the news. I enjoyed it, overall. I've came to Fargo once since then, we didn't stay here. Too bad...I would have stayed here.
Overall, it was really an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2004