“Not that pleased”

Days Inn & Suites Fargo 19th Ave/Airport Dome
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We decided to stay at the Days Inn, Fargo, since we had a good experience staying in Grand Forks at the Days Inn. Although the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the hot tub was rather dirty and when I mentioned it to the staff, all they did was up the chlorine which caused my daughter to have a reaction...This is not a place I would stay again unfortunately...As well the beds were not that comfortable, which makes it hard to function and have fun during the day.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 18, 2011

This was the second time our family stayed at the Days Inn for the Fargo Air Show. Check in was easy and the clerks were friendly. The hotel lobby was clean but a little crowded. Our room was a king suite, I think it was the last room available with so many people in town for the Show. It had all the emenities, a fridge, microwave even a jacuzzi in the corner! Bed was somewhat uncomfortable, plenty of pillows and clean sheets. We didn't use the pool but the area looked nice and well maintained. In the morning the 4 of us went down to the lobby for the complimentary breakfast which included waffles, cereal, yogurt, breads, muffins, orange and apple juice. We were very pleased and will stay again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Morcus75
Reviewed December 14, 2010

For a Days Inn, this hotel is far above par! I had a great stay. The hotel itself has been recently renovated, the lobby looks fantastic and the fireplace is a nice touch! The hotel is a little off the beaten path, it is on the northside of Fargo close to the college and airport.

I got a queen room at a corporate rate of $63.99, fantastic if you ask me considering for the same thing the Homewood wanted $109 and Candlewood would only give me a rate of $91.

The room is simple but yet elegant. The bedding is fantastic and modern. The TV is relavant. Fridge and Microwave in the room too! Bathroom is a bit small but the one thing I loved is that the shower heads are mounted up high, helps for tall people!

Service was brilliant. I encountered Brett, Jen and Micah during my overnight stay. All were friendly, smiling and eager to assist me with questions about the area and Fargo. With the service they gave me you would think I was staying at the Hilton!

Breakfast was ample too the basic free breakfast afair, but hey at least its something! It ended at 9am which was okay as I had to leave the hotel by 8!

All in all I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, I actually made reservations for January I am going to bring my family with me for a weekend of relaxation in Fargo!

Awesome job Days Inn, great staff, housekeeping, and management!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank traveling_man1048
daysinnfargo, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Fargo 19th Ave/Airport Dome, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed their expectations to make their stay as comfortable as possible.

Our greatest compliment is for you to return to us for the "Best Value Under The Sun"

We hope to see you soon...

Stephanie Gregoire

Reviewed December 4, 2010

You have pay for your entire stay when you check-in. The staff were not very friendly or helpful. It was like pulliing teeth to get anything - i.e. more coffee at breakfast. It was very noisy and not especially clean. It is in a weird part of town - not much around in the way of restaurants and it is very far from West Acres Malll. It was also very noisy - could hear everything going on in the room next door. I will not stay there again even if it was just overnight

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed November 29, 2010

The hotel parking lot was covered with a snowfall from two days earlier. Our bed did not have a top sheet, and the bottom sheet did not fit properly. We were switched to a different room, which had top sheets on the beds, but the bottom sheets still fit poorly. The beds were lumpy. No cleaning service was provided on our second day. The breakfast was mediocre. Aside from a waffle machine, breakfast consisted of just cereal and rolls. No yogurt was provided.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Stayed three nights while on business at NDSU; I paid $63/night on Priceline. Unlike some hotels, I don't believe I received any different treatment based on how I booked.

Some good things: The front desk service was very friendly. I dealt with three different hosts and they were all easygoing, efficient, and smiley. There were lots of pillows on my bed, and I think they were fairly new, and the mattress was pretty firm, not saggy at all. The shower head is newer and mounted quite high up - I'm SPG gold and usually stay at a Westin, and my primary complaint with their "heavenly" baths is that the shower heads are too-often mounted at (practically) waist height. This Days Inn shower head was way up there and had good pressure and hot water. If you like to eat chain-restaurant food, it's within spitting distance of BWW, Applebee's, BK, and Subway. If you stayed here for a Fargodome event, you could easily skip a rental car. Free wi-fi was easy to get on; too slow to stream video but fine to push email. Basically, this older hotel has good "bones" - the foundations that could make it great, with just a few tweaks. In fact, turning a blind eye to my minor complaints, you could imagine that you are at a much more expensive hotel, so with that in mind, I think it's a bargain for what I paid.

Some complaints: My shower curtain was a nasty yellow color, was torn, and stank. There was hair in my sink when I arrived. (I don't think it was the housekeeper's, because the girl I saw wore a headscarf. How odd - a previous guest's!?) There isn't a lot of counterspace and the coffeemaker took up most of it - but I couldn't move it because the cord is mounted to the wall! I had to perch it on the side of the trash just to have it out of the way. The bathroom fan sounded like a jet engine, and didn't really do much. The bedspread was worn, smelly, and ugly - I kicked it to the floor immediately. My TV, though it appeared newer, gave off such an irritating high-pitched sound when it was on that I just didn't watch it. Location is handy to the airport, but you'll be hearing airport noise all day and night. I wanted to leave the window open because there was a slight smell in the room (just "old hotel room" smell, nothing particularly gross), but airport noise prevented that. With the window shut, noise was minimal. (I could also note that the part of the window one uses to open/shut it was cracked in my room, likely from a clumsy guest, and that could be replaced.) Almost no "within-hotel" noise, except when the room next to mine was vacuumed before 9am! (I was coming from Pacific time, and it was 7am to me.) Yikes! I didn't come-to enough to stumble out the door to ask her to come back later before she had moved on to making the bed. Sigh. The taxi-paid shuttle arrangement is fine and efficient; while my taxi driver was friendly, he smoked, and he and his car stank. Seemed a little bizarre, seeing as the Days Inn is non-smoking.

I was satisfied at $63, but if I'd paid more, I might be less enthusiastic.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank slimmershadier
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Booked online and was $150.00 CDN for two nights. Awesome.

Very quiet and not fancy. But it was clean and easy access location to the airport and the cities businesses including the mall for shoppers.

Checked in w/out problem. Room was just what I had booked, queen bed, second floor. Note; there is no elevator. Room was clean although bathroom was somewhat dingy and could use updating. In room bar fridge, coffee maker and hair dryer. Two chairs and table in corner. Average.

Never a loud night and very quiet area. All we were there to do was sleep, as we were on a shopping trip. Never tried the pool. Breakfast offered was average, mostly carb type foods, no fruit, yogurt or healthy options. Coffee, tea and juice offered.

Good place for couples, but not romantic and no real extras.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple