“Great Hotel; Although Missing a Few Things...”

Holiday Inn Express Fargo - West Acres
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great Hotel; Although Missing a Few Things...”
Reviewed September 16, 2009

Location: Excellent; A very short drive to West Acres Shopping Centre. You can walk there in 5-7 minutes.
Hotel: Very new looking, clean and modern decor.
Rooms: Clean, comfortable Beds. Very nice sized Flat Screen TVs.
Do not get a room with an ajoining door. We could hear everything that the people in the next room said. The door was paper thin.
Bathroom: Clean, But weak water pressure in shower.
Missing: No Microwave ovens or Fridges in Room. Most Hotels have this added feature, at the price you pay for a Night here, it should come in the room.
Breakfast Bar: Excellent! Full Breakfast with Bacon, Sausages, Eggs, Cereal, Toast, Yugurt, Fruit...etc.
Staff: Very Friendly and Proffesional.
Internet Centre: 2 Monitors/Work Stations, which was adequite.
Pool / Hot Tub: Small Pool and Small Hot Tub.
Parking: Ample

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Regina, Saskatchewan
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Stayed in this hotel for one night (August 15/09). Typical Holiday Inn Express. Clean rooms, friendly staff, basic pool, we love the free breakfast.

If we return to Fargo we would stay here again.

Dave

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Regina - Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We stayed here for one night in August, 2009 on a driving holiday.
This was our second visit to this hotel, and everything was good again.
Check-in was quick, the room was large and clean. The bed very comfortable. Wireless internet worked properly. Breakfast the next morning was good.
The pool looked nice, but we didn’t use it.
Air conditioning worked well.
It's close to a mall and lots of restaurants.
All in all a very good stay

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
st paul
Reviewed January 23, 2009

I have stayed at this property twice, the first time was so memorable that is why I made this the place to stay every time I come to town. The front desk staff were so down to earth, friendly, and helped me get my car started over one of just the many cold days in Fargo. The helped me with directions and the housekeepers said Good Morning and throughout my stay. Room was great, breakfast was awesome, and the service was amazing.

• Liked — the friendly faces
  • Disliked — I liked everything
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed January 23, 2009

I repeatedly visit the Fargo Moorhead area on business and pleasure. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express a number of times during the last year and have always been more than satisfied whether traveling alone or with my family. The rooms are nicely appointed and the staff is incredible. They are concious of an individuals needs and are helpful with advice on the community. The hotel has a great location and is easliy accessible right off Interstate 29. It is surrounded by a variety of dining options, not to mention West Acres Mall (regional shopping center) is within walking distance. Easy to get to, great rooms, and awesome staff - I will be staying here again!

• Liked — The friendly, helpful, caring associates.
  • Disliked — I have nothing negative to say.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Apple Valley, California
Reviewed September 29, 2008

When I walked into the hotel, I immediately noticed the soiled carpets near the lobby. I figure that the public areas of a hotel can tell you a lot about the condition of their rooms. I was about ready to walk out when I met a couple who said the rooms were decent. Since I didn't feel like checking out other hotels, I decided to take a room.

The couple was right. The room was decent and clean, if somewhat dated and worn.

I mentioned to the desk clerk that the Holiday Inn Express that I had stayed in the previous night had large LCD T.V.'s. The clerk said that the hotel would be getting them soon. I suspect that this hotel is scheduled for renovation soon.

I noticed that there was an unusual amount of flex in the floor of my room. I could hear the person above me walking around and I don't think he was particularly heavy footed. Other than that, the hotel was quiet. It is located away from any major roadway.

Breakfast the next morning was about average. The breakfast area was crowded and the staff didn't open an adjoining dining area until people were milling around looking for places to sit. Otherwise, the staff was friendly and helpful.

All-in-all, the stay was acceptable, if not exceptional.

• Liked — It is centrally located near shopping and restaruants
  • Disliked — Condition of the public areas is below average.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
MN
Reviewed April 7, 2008

My wife and I stayed there on a Thursday and Friday. As part of their priority club rewards, we had enough points for one free night. Booking the room, we had to create two seperate reservations, one with points, and the other with our credit card.

Upon arrival, the clerk noted that we were there for a one night stay. After a brief discussion she realized we had two, one night reservations, due to the priority club rewards booking. She ensured me I would not need to check out in the morning and re-check into my room. more on this later.

We went up to our room, and the single king room was nicely furnished. Both firm and soft pillows for the both of us, plush, comfy bedding. Then we went into the bathroom, which had an empty box of kleenex, there was hair all over the floor. I attempted to turn on the lamp on the night stand and the bulb was burned out. We used the styrofoam cups they give you in the room for some drinks the first night and threw them away. when we returned to the room the second day they did not replace the cups, although they had replenished the kleenex.

Back to the two reservations story, we went down to get our free breakfast in the morning and as I waited in line I decided to double check with the clerk at the desk that our room would be cleaned because of the two one night reservations - and she looked us up and sure enough the lady the previous night hadn't done a thing. The morning clerk even said "they normally put notes on the account for stuff like this."

The breakfast is okay - if you're craving Perkins, Denny's etc this isn't your thin g- but if you're feeding a kid or two, or you just need to get a quick bite on your way out this is perfect.

I expect this type of stuff on a $50-$60/night rooms, but not for $105 (what I paid for the night I had to buy a room).

If the housekeeping were up to par, I would have given this a 4-5 star review.

• Liked — Free Wi-Fi, Free Breakfast, Location, Location, Location
  • Disliked — room cleanlineess - below par
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business