“Good location”

Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Minnesota
“Good location”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Easy access right off the freeway. Centrally located across the street from the West Acres shopping center. Amid restaurants, stores and other things to do.

Jason at the front desk was very professional and very helpful.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Grove, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 5, 2014

My group had three rooms. We were enroute to Canada for a fishing trip. The rooms were nice and clean, pillows and bedding very nice. The staff gave us good advice on a place to eat dinner. The breakfast was set up a little early just for us so we could get on the road. Better than usual HIE breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Jason N, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fargo - West Acres, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Dear James G,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I would also like to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to review your stay. I am delighted to hear that you found our staff to be helpful in giving you recommendations for dining, and that we were able to accommodate your early breakfast needs, as well. We hope to see you next time you are in the Fargo area!

Jason N
Assistant General Manager
Deadwood, South Dakota
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We loved this hotel! The location is perfect, the service was amazing-from the front desk staff, to housekeeping, and restaurant servers. The pool area kept the kids happy and I was able to order pizza and a drink right in the poolside area! I even signed up for their rewards program. I'll definitely stay here for my next trip to Fargo.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Carmella B
winnipeg
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed a couple nights with my kids at this location. I found it to be very clean and well staffed. I had a room above the lobby/pool area and found it to be quite humid/stuffy in my room which was slightly uncomfortable.
The beds were new and comfortable, bathroom was super clean. Major drawback for the price point of this hotel to not have a fridge and microwave in the room. Ive had hotels half this price that included those features plus all the other extras like pool,hottub,wifi,breakfast.
This hotel did have a deluxe breakfast for those who like eggs or biscuits bacon...for me I dont eat that stuff so it doesnt matter. I like toast and fruits :) They had a very big selection of breakfast items and plenty of room and seating. I would say this is a plus. Other than that I dont think it was worth the price for everything else when like Ive said, other hotels were just as good for much less. So...I leave the choice to you. I cant complain about anything at this hotel, Overall I would say it was very good.

Room Tip: I recommend not staying on the second floor above the pool or lobby area... otherwise Im sure any ro...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fargo - West Acres, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear smellbell,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us a review. It is lovely to hear your kind words regarding our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast. We take all feedback from our guests seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Easy to find off of Interstate; great staff, very helpful. Can't beat location, walking distance to West Acres and a movie theatre. Room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Elevator was very slow and if we hadn't been on 4th floor we probably would have took the stairs a few times. Pool and hot tub well maintained and not too busy. Will definitely consider returning again.

Room Tip: Definitely want the 4th floor on north side for a quiet room. But, elevators are a wee bit tardy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed February 2, 2014

There are no small refrigerators in the rooms. Any other Holiday Inn express I have stayed in has a small fridge. I had medicine that had to be refrigerated. I never expected that this holiday inn express wound not have one in the room. I travel throughout the country and this is the first Holiday Inn express that does not have a small work out room. I was told I could walk across the parking lot to the Large Holiday Inn if I wanted to work out. I'm in ND and it's below zero. The price did not not reflect the lack of a amenities it is lacking. It seems to me that they could no longer build onto the original Holiday in so built this.

Room Tip: They don't have a restaurant or room services. The last 2 questions skew your review results.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fargo - West Acres, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear gkrein,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room layout prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Superior, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I found this property to be very accomodating to my needs when I travel on business...after being greeted with a smile and warm welcome, I found the rooms to be very, very clean, warm, and comfortable...very conveniently located to movie theaters, restaurants, and shopping, I enjoy staying here...it is also very quiet with a swimming pool and hot tub to enjoy

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter in the morning
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business