All reviewsping pongpool areapirate themepoolside barlarge hotelwater slidesbirthday partyhot tubgreat poolwould stay againbeds were comfortableconferencemallwaterslidespillowscanadaclerk
Reviewed August 12, 2010

When we checked in to this hotel, they had us sign a paper with a rate lower than what we had been given on our reservation. They also provided us with a document stating the lower rate, some sort of receipt. We left the room to go out for supper and when we returned the paper stating the lower rate was no longer in our room where we had left it on the bed with our reservation confirmation. By morning, we had a receipt under our door for the amount which had been stated on our reservation confirmation. We don't dispute that we should pay the amount on the reservation confirmation, but we would have preferred that they admit their mistake instead of going into our room and taking the document which gave us a lower rate. We just wondering what else they helped themselves to while we were out. We've lost confidence in this hotel and would not stay there again. We don't feel it is just that they go into the rooms and help themselves instead of admitting their mistake and discussing this with us. The young lad at the service counter was also somewhat arrogant when he served us, and we suspect that this arrogance is what made him help himself to our documents which we had left in the room. Would not recommend as they cannot be trusted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank w0ntstayagain
ILiveinFargo_Really, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2010

This is not an acceptable reason to enter a guest's room without permission, and I have contaced the guest in an attempt to investigate how this occurred and how we prevent it from ever happening again!

We pride ourselves on the quality of our hotel, and part of that promise is integrity. If we are not conducting ourselves in this manner, the rest of our services don't matter. I would encourage any guest having a concern at my hotel (or any others) to request the Manager on Duty to address immediately.

Reviewed June 25, 2010

...Made this hotel the worst of the three we stayed at on our vacation, even though it was the most expensive. The pool was nice though and we enjoyed playing with our son there. The business center had a nice color printer which was a plus.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2010

We stayed at the Holiday Inn with our son's 10 yr old hockey team. The rooms were very clean and quite spacious. We booked a poolside room, and throughout the day we quite enjoyed it as our kids could come and go from the room, and the gather in the pool area.

The pool area is quite large, and incudes the pool, small waterslide, video games, ping pong, poolside restaurant/bar service, and a very large sitting or gathering area that was great for feeding the team and parents in a large group. ... However, the pool area remained open until midnight, and was very noisy right up until midnight, making it difficult for our kids to get to sleep. Others who didn't have a poolside room said the rooms were quite quiet.

Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Slept very well at the Holiday Inn Fargo. We had a king size bed that was firm and comfortable, with fresh clean linens. Despite the pool in the middle of the hotel, the rooms were not damp, and the huge birthday party in the pool area did not spill out into the hallways (no kids running and screaming, except in the pool area).

I didn't swim in the pool, but if I was a kid I would certainly want to. There's a pirate ship with numerous slides and tunnels and such, and it looked AWESOME.

Only ordered room service once; all I wanted was a cup of coffee, and they gave me a whole carafe for the price of a cup. I felt bad that I didn't tip the room service guy (I was strung out from driving). The staff at the Holiday Inn Fargo were all very friendly and helpful.

We ate breakfast in the restaurant twice, and it was pretty good. Good coffee, orange juice, blueberry pancakes. Eggs a little dry, bacon a little greasy, but otherwise a good breakfast.

My only complaint was that there were a number of hairs on the bed and in the bathroom, either from the previous occupant or the cleaner. Otherwise the room was very clean and comfortable.

Overall a great value. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Happy_Scrappy
Reviewed May 21, 2010

In town for the marathon. We were tired and wanted to get to bed relatively early before the run. An exercise in futility. Screaming kids and equally loud parents up and down the hallway all evening long. The walls are paper thin.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple