“Great Hotel in Fargo”

Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Minneapolis, MN
“Great Hotel in Fargo”
Reviewed October 18, 2006

Stayed at this hotel while doing business in Fargo last week. The hotel is conveniently located in West Fargo right by West Acres Mall and many restaurants (dinner at Granite City offered good food and service). Hotel is large and spread out, my room was a bit of a walk, but I could park at a side door near the room, but had to take the steps up one level. The staff was great at check in and check out. Helped me with directions to my appointment downtown (about 3 miles). My room was newly renovated, comfortable bed with nice bedding, granite bathroom, all very neat and clean. Ordered room service for breakfast, came in 15 minutes hot and fresh, also very economical. Appreciated the free high speed wireless internet and the soda machines on each floor. There's also a large cocktail lounge with small casino (blackjack) off the lobby. This is the best place I've stayed at in Fargo, it is not a 5 star hotel, but offers good basic food, service, is clean, comfortable and in a good location. I'd stay again.

• Liked — Comfortable, Clean and Convenient
  • Disliked — Long Hallways
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BeckyMpls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Minneapolise
Reviewed October 16, 2006

We stay here once a year on the way to Grafton. My young daughters love the pool but I could see how crowded it could be on a weekend. The service has be good and the rooms were just fine for a Holiday Inn. We would stay again.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — hot tub wasn't the best
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank MJS623
St. Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed October 1, 2006

Knowing we would need a hotel on our return to Minnesota from Winnipeg, we drove around Fargo on the way north and looked at a few. We were not terribly impressed, but ultimately chose the Holiday Inn. When we stopped by, the lobby and restaurant sounded like a war zone due to reconstruction of the restrooms. But we were assured the workers would be absent on the weekend night we planned to stay. So we made a reservation and ended up in a room in the "Tower." Most of the building is low with vast lobby, hallway, recreation and meeting room space, but at the back end rises a five or six story tower. The entire complex is surrounded by a concrete surface---at our initial visit, we thought we had entered a Super Store parking lot. The people are quite nice, service is friendly, and the food was OK. But the cold cement construction of the building itself, only somewhat ameliorated by ubiquitous carpeting, made the atmosphere seem morose. The rooms needed updating. On the plus side, there were free newspapers to read at breakfast, the bed was comfortable, a king-size with four pristine white pillows lined up to greet us, and the bathroom was clean. All in all, it was a convenient hotel we were pleased to leave.

• Liked — It was convenient and reasonably priced.
  • Disliked — The atmosphere
  • Tips/Secrets — It seemed about the best you could find in Fargo.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Fargo hotels

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 21, 2006

We booked our room here through Priceline. We ended up adding a night, so we had two different reservation numbers. I told the staff this when we checked in, but they apparently failed to actually do anything about it. How do I know? At 2:30 PM the next day the hotel security guard showed up and threatened my wife and children that they would have get all their things and leave RIGHT NOW. If he had just said there was a problem with the reservation, it would have been OK, but his tone and demeanor indicated the thought we were squatters!

I went to the front desk to complain and fix the reservation, but apparently you have to throw a temper tantrum to even warrant an apology, as all I got from the desk clerk was that such confusion was "not a big deal." I don't know where she learned her customer service skills, but threatening me with eviction when they clearly had not even bothered to check to see if we had additional reservations was completely and utterly inappropriate. I have certainly stayed in worse hotels, but I have NEVER experienced service as bad as this! I am a regular visitor to Fargo and I will NEVER stay here again.

• Disliked — Service was beyond abysmal!
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't use Priceline here--they get confused!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank profxfiles
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed September 15, 2006

I have fond memories of coming to this hotel when I was a kid. I even think that I learned to swim in the pool here. At the end of the drive from Winnipeg, three things were always consistent: shopping at West Acres, bargains galore at Target, and fun at the Holiday Inn.

Now that I'm older, and have my own children, nothing has changed. We still make the shopping trips down to Fargo, and we still stay at this hotel. I have tried others in the area such as the Radisson downtown and the Ramada, but the Holiday Inn continues to impress.

Is it any wonder that this hotel is consistently rated one of the best in the USA? After all these years, the upkeep is well maintained. I don't think that I have ever slept on a soft mattress once in all these years. In fact, many rooms, including ours have been recently redone. And can you believe we even had fitted sheets. I've paid over twice the price at other locations and have not had this luxury. My only complaint, is that the room was a little stuffy this time.

I've outgrown the pool, but the kids love it. The noise means they are having a good time. Avoid a poolside room if you don't like the noise. Unfortunately the hot tub was more like the temperature of a warm bath and there were too many kids splashing around.

We didn't eat in the hotel this time, but other times the food has been good. I especially like the Sunday brunch.

I even won a bit of money playing blackjack!

No, this is no where near the fanciest hotel I've ever stayed in, but it is the most reliable. I rather stay here than the Royal York in Toronto. I'll save $200 per night, sleep on a better bed, and won't have to pay for some guy to haul my luggage when I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself.

I highly recommend this hotel; it doesn't have the waterslides that the Ramada has, but the rooms are better.

• Liked — Well maintained hotel at a reasonable price
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
Winnipeg
Reviewed August 4, 2006

We've stayed at this hotel several times with our kids and have always enjoyed it. It is a really good hotel for those with children under 12. The pool is nice, kids eat free, and it's located directly across from the mall and Barnes and Noble. I'd recommend avoiding weekends and holidays as the pool can get overcrowded. Poolside rooms can be hot and noisy and they are not worth the extra fee. Overall this is a great family place to stay.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Noisy
  • Tips/Secrets — Coupons available in Winnipeg Free Press TV Guide
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)