“Overpriced for quality and service received”
Review of Holiday Inn Fargo

Holiday Inn Fargo
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here this weekend and we were quite unhappy with the amenities. Our stay was for a medical appointment for our son so we were at a reduced medical rate but for the amount we still paid it was overpriced for the quality and service.

The TV's satellite service went out several times while in the room which was annoying as we were left without TV for a long time. The bathroom had red & black mold underneath the safety handle. The bathroom mirror was old and the trim must have been made from fiber board which had disintegrated from being cleaned.

One of the beds was very noisy and creaked and squeaked at every little move. The coverings on the bed were thin, it would have been nice to have an extra blanket in one of the drawers in the room.

Almost every arcade game was broken already or did not work. The air hockey table didn't work properly. In the pool area they closed the children's slides down early - which we were told is standard. The pool had quite a few young swimmers that then proceeded to climb up the slides backwards and jump off into the water. At one time two kids did this and landed on my son while he was swimming in the water below. He is 6, and got a cut on his foot and scrapes on his hip. We told the pool attendants and they did nothing to stop the other kids from scaling the pirate ship.

Upon checkout I voiced my complaints and the only resolution offered was to walk all the way back through the hotel to the pool attendant and ask for a refund on the arcade games. At the point of checkout with 2 tired and cranky kids I just wanted out the door.

Also, while I appreciate the USA today papers they slip under your doors, I don't appreciate it arriving with my bill at such an early time in the morning. This woke my young daughter up which made for a grumpy child on top of an already cruddy hotel stay. Leave the papers outside the door, please.

Overall it was just really overpriced for the experience. For a higher end hotel chain it was rather lacking and disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

We care about our guests and when I read something like your review it is disheartening. I want to apologize and assure you that your stay experience isn't something we strive for in a guest stay. Our goal is that our guests enjoy their stay in every facet and want to return the next time they are in town. It would be great for me if you would do me the kindness of giving me a call to discuss your stay a little more. You can reach me at 701-277-7322. Sincerely, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel is perfectly located in Fargo; it's close to the mall, movie theaters, and car dealerships. I had to stay here for work, fly out the next day, all the while I had my truck get serviced at the Nissan dealership just down the road.
The hotel seemed to be architecturally designed by a kindergarten aged kid. We were told enter into door #3, when actually door 10 was much closer. It's very easy to get lost inside of this very strangely designed hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff K

Jeff K., We appreciate your pleasant review of our hotel. We thank you for giving us some feedback on your stay. We are fortunate to have such a great location that is so close to so many restaurants, shopping centers and service centers. We look forward to your next visit and hope we have the opportunity to take care of you again. Thank You, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a very large sprawling Holiday Inn. Many of the rooms are quite far from the check in area. I spent 3 nights at a conference in early may. The front desk staff was very pleasant and welcoming. The conference facilities were pretty good.The hotel is a across a busy street from West Acres Mall which is the largest in Fargo. There are some restaurants and stores within an easy walk of the hotel. As for the hotel, it seems to have been added on to several times leaving very long and somewhat dark corridors. There is a pool and hot tub with an extensive play area for kids. Honestly it is more for kids than adults and can get pretty active.

The hotel rooms were nice and seem to have been refurbished. Comfortable beds, nice tvs and pretty nice bathrooms. All seemed clean ion the rooms.

The food was good and pretty typical for the northern Midwest. One note, the breakfast staff seemed very overwhelmed by the number of diners and the service in the morning was pretty slow.

All in all this is a decent place to stay, if not too exciting.

Room Tip: they have poolside rooms and rooms in the towers. None have particularly good views. The poolside...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

We appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will share your comments and will look into why we may have been slower than expected in the restaurant. We hope to see you the next time you visit the area. Sincerely, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

The service was impeccable. The restaurant was fabulous and the kids loved the pool! It was nice to be able to order pizza and beverages in there. Everyone at the front desk was courteous and helpful. We loved our room, it was clean and quiet. The location is perfect. I will be staying here from now on!

• Stayed: May 2014
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate the kind comments very much. We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourself at our hotel and look forward to taking care of you in the future. Thanks so much! Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed here for a conference. Check in was prompt and very friendly. The room was clean. The Wireless internet was OK, but slow at times. I had some problems using Skype via wireless and had to reconnect a few times. Some of the carpet in the hallways seemed like they could use a good cleaning. The price was reasonable for a conference hotel. The exercise room is small but clean and well maintained.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

We are glad to hear that your stay was nice. We do appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry to hear that the wireless was just adequate, but not as fast as you like it. We are in the planning stages of some wireless upgrades that I think you will be happy with when completed. We look forward to the opportunity to take care of you again. Sincerely, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Friendly, helpful staff... pool was always staffed and the staff kept it clean picking up after others who just left stuff laying around! Our beds were great. Our kids loved the ship! Stayed over Easter weekend and will definitely be back

• Stayed: April 2014
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Thank you so much for your extremelly nice review. We are so happy that you enjoyed yourself here at our hotel and we look forward to your return. Have a fantastic day. Shawn ~ Assistant General Manager

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We are currently staying here. So far the hotel is great except for the noise level. My 3 year old is afraid to go to sleep because he keeps thinking someone is coming into our room. I would stay here again but next time ask to be on a higher floor away from the noise. We are in a room with a shared door between another room. It sounds like a drunken pack of hyenas are staying in there. Hopefully they will pass out soon. We are staying on the 2nd floor of the main building.

• Stayed: April 2014
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

I'm glad to hear you think our staff is nice, but I am dissapointed that noise from the room next door was so bad. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you as well as your child. I couldn't tell by the review whether you had contacted our front desk or security about the noise issue, but I hope that on your next stay you don't have the same issue. We do have 24 hour/7 day a week security on staff, so we are more than happy to address noise issues as you discussed. We look forward to seeing you sometime soon. Sincerely, Shawn ~ Assistant General Manager