“Disappointed - But a Good Hotel”
Review of Holiday Inn Fargo

Holiday Inn Fargo
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had two seperate business visits at the Holiday Inn over the past two weeks. Overall I would stay there again but I was disappointed in the handling of a couple issues I had the second week staying there. I had a local company hotel rate my first week that was not honored the second week. I paid a higher rate and when I brough it to the attention at the front desk, I was informed that they could not adjust to last weeks rate and that my rate was "still pretty good". When I made the reservation i asked and informed the hotel of my company rate and company name. I didn't realize the higher rate until I checked out - shame on me i guess...

The other issue was - I ordered lunch in my room one day and asked for "no nut" as I'm allergic. I was not able to eat the salad because it came with a few nuts on it by mistake. I returned the salad but had to return to work. They charged me for the salad..said it was already in the system. I was offered a desert by the room service mgr on duty that evening which i took advatange of but the salad should have been refunded..

I get impression that the Holiday Inn doesn't cater to individual business travelers as much as they do for other clientele such as families and convention attendee's.

I like the location for my Business trips and the hotel but I am seriously looking at other hotels on my next visit in a few weeks. thank you..from New York

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

It's great that you like our location and are looking at continuing to stay at our hotel. Your concern about us not being able to adjust the rate to reflect your company's rate is baffling. I wish I could give you a good answer regarding that, but I would need a little more information to figure out what happened than what is in your comments. I assure you that we really do care for all of our guests whether they are business travelers, families or convention clientle. Please give me a call at 701-277-7322 to give me the details about your stay with us so that I can thank you for your business and solve the rate dilemna you encountered. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you. Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Fargo

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel is in a great location for shopping and restaurnts. Rooms were clean, friendly staff, good bar. It's a big hotel, so getting from the front desk to your hotel can be a trek if your room is in the tower. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We checked in on a Friday with the rest of Winnipeg seemingly. The hotel is busy on weekends filled with Manitoba plates. We got the hotel through Priceline, which was fine I suppose. We got to the hotel and they informed us "sorry we don't have smoking rooms as you requested" which was odd, because I had called to confirm the hotel was NON smoking. Either way, the lobby is nice and seems updated. We quickly went around to the tower and got checked in, rooms look to have not been updated in some time, but were clean. Older mattresses though, no pillow tops like most chains have switched too so the bed seemed a bit hard. On the plus side, shower was great pressure a rarity in modern hotels. Internet worked really well.

Oddly and this was surprising, our room had 2 CONNECTING doors. I have seen one in my hotel rooms around the world before, but 2 one on either side was new. It caused excessive noise from both bordering rooms until they finally went to sleep, but privacy still felt a minimum.

One night we had requested a toothbrush and I slipped the privacy sign on for a second while changing. The door was knocked on anyway. Not a big deal, but it seemed surprising. Most hotels will call you saying "housekeeping is outside, but you have your do not disturb sign on so we are calling to ensure we may knock". Just little things like that. (very nitpicking from someone who's spent a while in the industry)

Disappointing was the hot tub or lack thereof. We went into the pool area expecting to see it, I wandered around for a good 10 minutes before finally asking someone. They kinda just pointed to a spot where there were boards and deck chairs on top, saying "It was there". Very disappointing.

Overall, it was fine. But nothing to return to over the newer nicer choices in Fargo. Whole hotel feels like it is in need of some money to catch up.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in September for our companies conference. Every single staff member I encountered was incredibly friendly and helpful! The room was fantastic and spotless! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was just a quick stop on our way from Winnipeg to Omaha, but it fit perfectly. The kids had a great waterpark to play in, the kids ate free for breakfast the next morning, and the beds were comfy with duvets and decent pillows. We are thinking about having a family get-together here in Dec.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jhasslen
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay. I hope you had a nice and safe trip to Omaha. If you are looking to have a family get together in December, please feel free to give me a call at 701-282-2700 to help you make the arrangements. We would relish the opportunity to take care of you and your family. There are a couple of weekends in December that get quite busy due to hockey tournaments and wrestling tournaments, so please give us a call as soon as you know what dates you would be thinking of holding your get together. Thanks again, Shawn Hagen ~ Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed here a couple nights while in town on business. The hotel is in a good location near the interstate and the mall, which means nearby dining. That said, its an older hotel, and really really spread out. Walking from the front desk down the long low hallway all the way to the back is a workout by itself. Room itself was decent, nothing outstanding, but most importantly it was clean, although the hall and elevators smelled like someone had recently been smoking in them. All-in-all, not great, but not bad, just average.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank trainwreck08
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

I appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. We do at times get complaints because we are the biggest hotel in Fargo-Moorhead, but on the flip side of that we get plenty of compliments because the size of the hotel gives more options for location i.e. close to pool, far away from pool, quieter areas of the hotel etc.

It's unfortunate that you had an issue smelling smoke in the hotel. We are a 100% Smoke Free Hotel, so another guest must have been breaking the rules. I am so sorry for that. Typically our 24 hour security would have caught that. We try to keep it enforced, but sometimes people get away with it. Thanks again for your review. We hope that you visit us again so we can prove that we aren't an average hotel. We would love to keep your business.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Just arrived home from this hotel and we will certainly be back!

Front desk: the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful with our questions, a pleasure to deal with.

Restaurant: There is no "free" continental breakfast at this hotel however for families, children under 12 eat free in the restaurant when with a paying adult. The menu was great and had a wonderful variety of options for all. We ended up eating several meals in the hotel restaurant due to the variety and enticing options on the menu which are all very well priced (our family of 4 ate for $20 with the kids eat free perk). All of the meals we tried were fantastic and the staff were all very pleasant. We only ate on the "cafe" side but you can eat from either menu in both restaurants which is nice.

Room: The room was a standard hotel room in our opinion, nothing fancy. We stayed in a 2 queen bed room on the first floor of the "tower'. The carpet in the room was damp and upon talking to the front desk we were told this is common in the hotel and they would check on it. The "tower" portion of the hotel was noticeably more humid then the rest of the hotel for some reason but once we had our a/c going it was fine. Some peeling wallpaper but other than that everything was in order. Comfortable beds and good climate control. Other then the very noisy family next to us, it was a quiet hotel and we all slept great.

Pool: Our children are 5 and 7 which made the pool perfect for them. The waterslides are geared towards the 10 and under crowd in my opinion (funny because when I was a kid it was a big deal if the hotel had a pool period, let alone a pirate ship!). A nice touch was that there were children's life jackets provided for guests to use free which was great for our younger one. There is a small bar that serves adult beverages in the pool area which was great. The hot tub was out of order while we were there.

Location: Excellent if you are in Fargo to shop as we were. Right across the street from West Acres Mall and within walking distance of many other stores and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ShawnH22, Manager at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments. It's great that you enjoyed our restaurant and pool area. We look forward to your next visit. Shawn, Assistant General Manager