“Disappointed”

Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Killdeer
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Very disappointed with the rooms! For a supposedly "Higher-End" Hotel, there was no fridge or microwave in the room. Stayed there for 3 nights while attending a conference. Had to raid the ice machine to keep drinks cold in the bathroom sink. When staying for more than a night or two, a fridge/microwave sure would have been nice. Since no comlimentary breakfast was available, I would have purchased something at a nearby store to put in the fridge for first thing in the morning, but alas..no fridge! Also, coffee maker was on a small end table with NO outlet nearby, Had to move the coffee maker to where the TV was in order to plug in and use. Not thought out very well. They need to take a lesson from some of the 'lower-end' hotels like Days Inn, or Econo Lodge who offer these ammenites, AND offer a continental breakfast.. Sure would have been a treat to be able to get a bagel or sweet roll, coffee and orange juice first thing in the morning. At $125/night, I feel cheated. Upon check-in, no one at the counter, and I had to make noise and wait quite awhile before someone came from the back. As I'm coming and going to meetings and passing staff in the hall, no one once greeted me or said "good day". I don't think I'll be staying at this Holiday Inn anytime soon, when for $80/night or less, I can get these ammenities and a much friendlier staff that is willing to please!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask what ammenities are included in the room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
FARGOHI, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Fargo, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
At the Holiday Inn we strive to give every guest an excellent experience while staying with us. We are sorry we fell short of our goal with your visit and we are addressing the issues you listed.
If interested in discussing further, please feel free to contact me at 701-282-2000. I would sincerely like to address your concerns with you.
Dean
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This hotel has an excellent location, great service staff, and good meeting and dining facilities. The downside hotel is showing it's age, needs a facelift but acceptable. It is also very spread out, 5 minute plus walk from some guest rooms to meeting rooms. Has a terribly confusing room numbering system. My room 503 was on the third floor. Had colleague in 412 which was on first floor and another in 600 on the 6th floor. Must make sense to someone but not me. Again this is an OK option, not tremendous but not expensive either.

Ames, Iowa
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I have conducted more than 3,300 seminars in 43 states but this hotel ranks at the very top. The employees are friendly, responsive and fixed every problem, even small ones in our two day event just concluded. The property is clean, well maintained and the food service is uniformly excellent. The staff made last minute room layout changes (partly because of a surge in registrations) quickly and with no complaints. We are in the process of scheduling our 2012 seminar (two full days, 8 hours per day) for attorneys and CPAs and that event will be back at the Holiday Inn in Fargo. It is unsurpassed as a convention center.
Neil E. Harl, Agricultural Law Press 9/18/11

Room Tip: All are great (we have been there numerous times over the years) but I like one close to my lecture...
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed September 16, 2011

This was a great place for dining either in the lounge or the hotel restaurant. The wait staff was friendly and diligent. There was a nice lady employee, named Ela, that was helpful and very friendly. You'll enjoy staying and dining here!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Fargo for one night, and was completely satisfied with my stay. The rooms were clean, comfortable, big, and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. The water park/pool area looked nice, unfortunately, I didn't have time to use it. I doubt that I will ever travel to Fargo again, but if I happen to do, I would not hesitate to stay at the Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank anlea0408
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We took advantage of several offers while we stayed at this Holiday Inn location.Food was great! Bring ear plugs due to proximity of the water park .Rooms are immaculate and super clean. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank M W
bismarck nd
Reviewed August 24, 2011

This hotel is great! We stayed in a suite on the 7th floor which is made completely of suites. It was quiet and the room was bigger than my house I swear. Plenty of room for myself, my four children and 2 neices. We had 2 queen beds, a sofa sleeper and still plenty of room for our air mattress with no one tripping over each other. The rate was super reasonable as well. It's across the street from the mall and on the "main drag" for easy access to many locations. Staff is great as well. We had a problem with the remote for the TV and a maintenence man was there before my children could get back from the lobby. Problem fixed.

Highly recommend!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family