“Great Location and Affordable Prices”
Review of Red Roof Inn Fargo

Red Roof Inn Fargo
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
“Great Location and Affordable Prices”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My wife and I took a trip through the United States and stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Fargo, we had an incredible stay there for an affordable price. When our CAA (or AAA) discount, along with the discount coupon from the Information Centre across the road, we were able to save quite a bit on our room. Well worth the stay if you are passing through.

Room Tip: Make sure to check the Weclome Centre across the street for coupons! We scored a 25% off coupon duri...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennah D, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Fargo, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us here at the Red Roof Inn of Fargo, ND. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comments with the rest of the staff. We hope to see you again the next time you find yourself in Fargo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Winnipeg
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two days in July. I had reserved a room with queen size bed. When we first entered the room, the scent of the room freshener was so overwhelming we had to open the window and leave for a few hours. After that, it was fine. The size of the room is very small. There is a small desk and chair, but no other place to sit except on the bed. Although the room was very clean, I just found the room too small. Most likely will not be back unless we are just passing through and need a place to sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennah D, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Fargo, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you for commenting on your experience with the Red Roof Inn of Fargo. I am sorry that the size of the room was not able to meet your expectation. It is our goal to provide an excellent experience for every guest, so feedback is very important. I will address the issue of the overwhelming air freshener to the appropriate department so something like that does not happen again. If you ever find yourself in Fargo needing a place to stay I hope you give us another try.
Lancater County, PA
Reviewed August 1, 2014

While on business, I was booked at the RRI in Fargo. Based on past experiences, I wasn't very pleased with the hotel choice but it was right across the street from the meeting we had scheduled so I am certain that proximity ruled the booking decision.

Many of my colleagues reported musty odors in their rooms and a couple of them reported unusually loud air conditioners. I did not have the same experience. My room was fresh and the A/C worked silently.

The room itself was small but useful for a single overnight. I would not want to stay more than a night or two with the limited space and small (small) shower. Don't expect the typical amenities here...a tiny, tiny bottle of 2-in-1 shampoo and a small bar of soap. Nothing else.

Continental breakfast consisted of cereal, whole fresh fruit, reconstituted juices, yogurt cups and a waffle maker.

Service was not outright rude but not friendly or welcoming by any means.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jennah D, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Fargo, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank your for your comments on your recent stay with us here in Fargo, ND. I am happy to hear that your experience was better than you expected. We strive to provide every guests with superior service. Feedback from guests help us better our services. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn for two nights while in Fargo for a concert. The room was fairly small and basic but comfortable and had all we needed. I liked that there was no wall to wall carpeting, just a laminate floor with a smaller area rug. The breakfast was good and we appreciated the waffle maker. We didn't see any signs on the freeway going into Fargo and the hotel was difficult to find. The front desk staff were friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn of Fargo. We strive to provide every guest with superior service, so your feedback is important to us. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Everything was fine. The staff was friendly, room was clean. The only complaint; I spilled my soda on the carpet, I used a wash cloth to clean it up and the wash cloth was black from the dirt in the carpet. It was gross but I'm sure that would of been the case at any hotel. That's why I never go barefoot in a hotel. Next I'm in Fargo I will stay there again.

Stayed July 2014
Jennah D, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Fargo, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us at the Red Roof Inn of Fargo. Guest feedback is important as we are always trying to better our product and services. I will look into the issue with the carpet and get that taken care of right away. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The high mark for this stay is the service. The staff was helpful and they had free fresh baked cookies (nice touch). The facility is in reasonable shape although there was a musty smell, but that might be due to the humid spell Fargo was having when I was there. The fitness center was nice (difficult to find), the pool was small and nice, the breakfast was nice and well supplied. The hotel room was clean and wireless worked great. Thank God the air conditioner worked well. The low points was the musty smell and of course the fire alarm going off around midnight. I can't really hold the staff responsible for the fire alarm although it took them three times to get it to reset.

Room Tip: Ground floor is probably something to avoid if possible since you can easily hear any foot traffic a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jennah D, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Fargo, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for commenting on your latest stay in Fargo, ND. Guest feedback is important so we can better our services to our guests. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the fire alarm going off. Thank you for the kind words about our staff. I will share your comments with them. We hope to see you again when you visit Fargo.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was my first stay at a Red Roof Inn, and I was really impressed with the front desk staff. My room was very nice except for a dampness which was a result, I think, of a very heavy rainstorm the previous day. When I mentioned it to the front desk lady the next morning, she apologized profusely and even made an adjustment to my bill, which I didn't request or expect. The room, although small, was very comfortable. I liked the fact that it did NOT have wall-to-wall carpeting - the floor was either hardwood or something like Pergo - and it was spotless! Nice pool and jacuzzi as well. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jane T
Jennah D, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Fargo, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to comment on your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn of Fargo. We get many compliments on the hardwood floors and have to agree that we like them better too. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and will be coming back. We look forward to seeing you again.