“great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Fargo

Days Inn Fargo
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Fargo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I arrived at the Days Inn Fargo around 10:30pm on a Friday night. I went to check in and had to wait a few minutes while the gentleman at the front desk was helping another person. I didn't mind since you can't expect multiple people working at that hour. While I was checking in the gentleman at the front desk was very polite and promptly got us a room and we were on our way. My fiance and I got up to the room and it was very neat and clean. My much needed shower had great water pressure and the flat panel TV's made a relaxing evening much more enjoyable. We were looking for some sushi so we called the front desk and asked if there were any places open this late at night. The guy at the front desk did a Google search to check and see if any places were open however there wasn't any. We decided to go to Buffalo Wild Wings which he said was open and was only 3 minutes away just down the road. On our way to the restaurant we noticed that the Mall, Movie Theater, Best Buy and a ton of nice restaurants were very close to this hotel. Very convenient location I must say! Not to mention it's just right off I-29 and about a mile from I-94. We didn't get a chance to go in the pool area but from glancing in it looked very clean. I overheard a conversation at the front desk the next morning while having some delicious breakfast that the place is under new management. I'm not sure what the place was like before but I can tell you one thing, it is top notch now for sure! I will stay at this Days Inn again in the future and would recommend this place to anyone needing a hotel in Fargo, ND.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kyle R
Levi O, General Manager at Days Inn Fargo, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Kyle R. Thank You for your review! Thank you for noticing our hard work! Since our purchase of this property in mid-June we have been working very hard to get "the house in order". We have shampooed the hotel 3 times, started painting access walls, adding flat panel TV’s, re-training employees. Essentially we have an extensive Property Improvement Plan that we are following to a T. On top of our great service I am happy that you mentioned our spectacular location. I cannot find a place in Fargo that is in a more central location than around West Acres Mall. We aren’t always perfect, but we always try to be. Thanks again Kyle R, I can't wait to share your review with our staff!
Grand Forks, ND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

When making reservation, I requested 2 rooms next to each other on the main floor. Upon arrival clerk said there were no main floor rooms available so they send up to the second floor and two rooms across and down the hall from each other. Stairs unusually steep with automatically closing fire doors. Being disabled extremely hard to get to second floor. There is no elevator. Strange they had a pool but no elevator. Rooms were $80 each. King size beds in the rooms. Small refrigerator in each one but only one had microwave.

Staff very friendly, helpful and professional.

Room was spotless. Hallway carpet dirty and smelled very badly of cigarette smoke.

Breakfast was alright but nothing special. Waffles, oatmeal, yogurt, toast, juice, coffee and cheap danish.

I can't recommend it because of no elevator and the strong smell in the hallway, but Fargo motels fill up quickly and sometimes you have to take what's remaining.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KenInND
Hello and thank you for your trip advisor review. We are happy that you found our hotel to be spotless and exceptional service. We have taken steps to eliminate the smoking odor in the hallway that you speak of, and are also looking at Days Inn Brand Standards for new carpet.
Upon your review I looked up your reservation information and just want to point out a few things to help your stay next time. Your reservation was booked via a 3rd party website and did not come with any notes. When booking with 3rd party sites it is important to call the hotel immediately after booking and give us important information such has "must have a 1st floor room". Our information also indicates that we offered to carry luggage and move you to a first floor room the very next morning but that offer was declined. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review. We use these every day, and remember, 3rd party sites sell rooms, and we sell service. I would love another opportunity to serve you, so please call me directly at 701-235-5566 or fargodaysinn@gmail.com so that I may personally make your experience that much more enjoyable. Take Care!
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I will just sum it all up: no elevators, second floor smelled smoke, even the room smelled someone smoked in it, the bathroom is big, furniture outdated, huge a/c equip in the room, bed not too comfortable, plain breakfast, average pool, carpet not clean, found some icky stuff on the bedding, but the hotel is so close to west acres mall! Still not recommended.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Levi O, General Manager at Days Inn Fargo, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for your review. Since we purchased this property in mid-June we have been diligently working on our Property Improvement Plan that we put in place. Unfortunately we are unable to get it done overnight. Current things we are working on are ventilation in our smoking section so that the rest of the hotel doesn't need to have the misfortune of having to smell it. We have shampooed the carpets 3 times which may have drawn out some of the smell. I would like to please contact me directly at fargodaysinn@gmail.com or via phone at 701-235-5566 so that we may discuss your stay further. Thanks again for your review, we take them very seriously and look to improve. Have a great day!
Maple Grove, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed here this weekend for the first and only time. We had booked our trip through priceline and I forgot to call ahead and request a room with a double bed and confirm that the room would be non-smoking (Priceline always requests this at time of reservation, but I typically like to confirm it). We arrived at about 930 at night; the sign looked temporary and was difficult to see in the dark. The parking lot was crowded and poorly set up (if you go down some aisles and find there are no spots, you can't turn around but have to back your car back out). The lobby was run down and the kid who checked us in talked so soft and mumbly that I could barely understand him. He did not confirm the room or the price; just shoved the paper at me to sign. I was so tired from the long drive that I did not think to verify. Room was on the 2nd floor. The carpet in the hallways was filthy and worn. The walls were banged up and patched near each room where the old room signs had been ripped off. It smelled horrible of cigarettes. Our room only had 1 queen bed and was a smoking room. Called the desk and they said they did not have any other rooms available. They quickly brought up a roll away bed. The carpet in this room had big stains on it, the furniture looked like it was from the 1980s, the bed had a sheet and a thin blanket on it with no comforter or bed spread. Everything in the room had yellowed from smoke... the phone, the ceiling, the lamp shades, the shower curtain... everything. The wall near the bed and a big brown stain on it... something wet had hit here and run down. I have stayed in smoking rooms before but never one that smelled so strongly of an old bar. Even the plastic shower curtain smelled of smoke! My son attempted to get rid of the smell by burning matches and making a pot of coffee, but it didn't help. We ran to the stoor and bought spray air fresheners which helped slightly by making it smell like an old bar with flowers. The good things? The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was old but clean. The breakfast bar was small and lacking. Hard boiled eggs, bananas and apples, some tiny store bought danishes (Hostess maybe?) and waffle mix that looked like it had been sitting out far too long. We did not swim in the pool. This hotel is listed as a 2-star on priceline; I'm not even sure it should be a 1-star. I will avoid Days Inn in the future, and I am filing a request with Priceline that when you bid on a room you are allowed to specify the number of beds and a non-smoking room. Not a bargain at any price.

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker, do not stay on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NorthShoreEver
Hello NorthShoreEver. First I would like to thank you for your tripadvisor review. I am very sorry that your stay was nowhere near satisfactory. Our ownership, management and employee core strive to put a product we can be proud of. As you have probably read we are new to this property and have a property improvement plan in place to fix many of the issues that you mention. If you would be willing to call me at 701-235-5566 I would like to speak with you on how booking with 3rd party sites work i.e. the hotel is not allowed to share your rate, because what you pay Priceline is different than what Priceline pays us. They also guarantee a room for 2 adults, not 2 beds, but that is something we can discuss. We have shampooed the carpets 3 times since June 15th, and feel that this may have caused some extra odor being pulled from the carpets. I am truly sorry for the stress and inconveniences that we have caused you. It bothers me that you had to go to extra lengths by yourself to solve the issues at hand. We train our employees to be much more responsive and accommodating. Again, thank you for your review, and I strongly encourage you to contact me directly either by phone or my email fargodaysinn@gmail.com
winnipeg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We picked this hotel based on a number factors. Location, thought it was located close to the major shopping center, however its located on the other side of the interstate. The morning breakfast, the breakfast area is too small for a hotel this size. When we went for breakfast there were no available tables and some items were out. A nice pool to swim and relax in. We arrived Saturday afternoon we walked over to see the pool area. It looked nice enough, but no one was using it. The next morning as we walked past the front desk we heard the clerk comment to a customer that last night they had a full house. We thought, boy the pools gonna be full! But again it was empty. We spent the day out shopping and returned to the hotel in the evening thinking it would be a good time to take a dip in the pool, and bonus, no one was using it! Well we quickly found out why, the water was absolutely freezing! Obviously the heater wasnt working. Very disappointing. When we mentioned it to the desk clerk they said they didnt know anything about it. Really? Its the middle of summer and no ones using your pool, wouldnt u wanna investigate? So on checking out I mentioned to the clerk our reason for selecting this hotel and how we were disappointed. She offered a very heartfelt Im sorry. Well so are we for selecting Days Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank sdutchuk
Levi O, General Manager at Days Inn Fargo, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Good Day,

Thank you for bringing the pool temperature to our attention when you checked out; we were able to get it fixed right away! It is guests like you who help us to learn of our mistakes and allow us to get them corrected.
Our hotel is located .5 miles or .8 kilometers from West Acres Shopping center. Many of our guests take advantage of the walking path that runs parallel to 13th avenue just north of our property and enjoy the short walk to west acres mall.
Our breakfast room is set up with 8 tables and seating for up to 38 people. This is over the 10% required breakfast room seating capacity by most major brands. I do agree with you that it does get busy, but we do our best to serve our guests as quickly as possible. We are always looking for ways to improve, so we will examine our breakfast procedures and come up with ways to become more efficient.
I would like you to contact me directly at 701-235-5566 or at fargodaysinn@gmail.com so that I can have a few more details on your stay. Thanks for your review! We value you as a customer and take your words to heart. I hope to be hearing from you soon. Take care!
Crookston, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed here just over 2 weeks ago for the first time. I noticed they had very nice clean rooms, friendly staff, and a quiet and relaxing atmosphere. It was a great stay for a great price. I am for sure staying here again next time I stay in Fargo!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank byram006
Levi O, Manager at Days Inn Fargo, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thanks for the kind comments! We have been working very hard over the last month, the staff will appreciate seeing this! We'll see you next time!