“Rundown and stinky”
Review of Days Inn Fargo

Days Inn Fargo
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed here this weekend for the first and only time. We had booked our trip through priceline and I forgot to call ahead and request a room with a double bed and confirm that the room would be non-smoking (Priceline always requests this at time of reservation, but I typically like to confirm it). We arrived at about 930 at night; the sign looked temporary and was difficult to see in the dark. The parking lot was crowded and poorly set up (if you go down some aisles and find there are no spots, you can't turn around but have to back your car back out). The lobby was run down and the kid who checked us in talked so soft and mumbly that I could barely understand him. He did not confirm the room or the price; just shoved the paper at me to sign. I was so tired from the long drive that I did not think to verify. Room was on the 2nd floor. The carpet in the hallways was filthy and worn. The walls were banged up and patched near each room where the old room signs had been ripped off. It smelled horrible of cigarettes. Our room only had 1 queen bed and was a smoking room. Called the desk and they said they did not have any other rooms available. They quickly brought up a roll away bed. The carpet in this room had big stains on it, the furniture looked like it was from the 1980s, the bed had a sheet and a thin blanket on it with no comforter or bed spread. Everything in the room had yellowed from smoke... the phone, the ceiling, the lamp shades, the shower curtain... everything. The wall near the bed and a big brown stain on it... something wet had hit here and run down. I have stayed in smoking rooms before but never one that smelled so strongly of an old bar. Even the plastic shower curtain smelled of smoke! My son attempted to get rid of the smell by burning matches and making a pot of coffee, but it didn't help. We ran to the stoor and bought spray air fresheners which helped slightly by making it smell like an old bar with flowers. The good things? The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was old but clean. The breakfast bar was small and lacking. Hard boiled eggs, bananas and apples, some tiny store bought danishes (Hostess maybe?) and waffle mix that looked like it had been sitting out far too long. We did not swim in the pool. This hotel is listed as a 2-star on priceline; I'm not even sure it should be a 1-star. I will avoid Days Inn in the future, and I am filing a request with Priceline that when you bid on a room you are allowed to specify the number of beds and a non-smoking room. Not a bargain at any price.

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker, do not stay on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NorthShoreEver
Levi O, General Manager at Days Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Hello NorthShoreEver. First I would like to thank you for your tripadvisor review. I am very sorry that your stay was nowhere near satisfactory. Our ownership, management and employee core strive to put a product we can be proud of. As you have probably read we are new to this property and have a property improvement plan in place to fix many of the issues that you mention. If you would be willing to call me at 701-235-5566 I would like to speak with you on how booking with 3rd party sites work i.e. the hotel is not allowed to share your rate, because what you pay Priceline is different than what Priceline pays us. They also guarantee a room for 2 adults, not 2 beds, but that is something we can discuss. We have shampooed the carpets 3 times since June 15th, and feel that this may have caused some extra odor being pulled from the carpets. I am truly sorry for the stress and inconveniences that we have caused you. It bothers me that you had to go to extra lengths by yourself to solve the issues at hand. We train our employees to be much more responsive and accommodating. Again, thank you for your review, and I strongly encourage you to contact me directly either by phone or my email fargodaysinn@gmail.com

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Fargo

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We picked this hotel based on a number factors. Location, thought it was located close to the major shopping center, however its located on the other side of the interstate. The morning breakfast, the breakfast area is too small for a hotel this size. When we went for breakfast there were no available tables and some items were out. A nice pool to swim and relax in. We arrived Saturday afternoon we walked over to see the pool area. It looked nice enough, but no one was using it. The next morning as we walked past the front desk we heard the clerk comment to a customer that last night they had a full house. We thought, boy the pools gonna be full! But again it was empty. We spent the day out shopping and returned to the hotel in the evening thinking it would be a good time to take a dip in the pool, and bonus, no one was using it! Well we quickly found out why, the water was absolutely freezing! Obviously the heater wasnt working. Very disappointing. When we mentioned it to the desk clerk they said they didnt know anything about it. Really? Its the middle of summer and no ones using your pool, wouldnt u wanna investigate? So on checking out I mentioned to the clerk our reason for selecting this hotel and how we were disappointed. She offered a very heartfelt Im sorry. Well so are we for selecting Days Inn.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sdutchuk
Levi O, General Manager at Days Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Good Day,

Thank you for bringing the pool temperature to our attention when you checked out; we were able to get it fixed right away! It is guests like you who help us to learn of our mistakes and allow us to get them corrected.
Our hotel is located .5 miles or .8 kilometers from West Acres Shopping center. Many of our guests take advantage of the walking path that runs parallel to 13th avenue just north of our property and enjoy the short walk to west acres mall.
Our breakfast room is set up with 8 tables and seating for up to 38 people. This is over the 10% required breakfast room seating capacity by most major brands. I do agree with you that it does get busy, but we do our best to serve our guests as quickly as possible. We are always looking for ways to improve, so we will examine our breakfast procedures and come up with ways to become more efficient.
I would like you to contact me directly at 701-235-5566 or at fargodaysinn@gmail.com so that I can have a few more details on your stay. Thanks for your review! We value you as a customer and take your words to heart. I hope to be hearing from you soon. Take care!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed here just over 2 weeks ago for the first time. I noticed they had very nice clean rooms, friendly staff, and a quiet and relaxing atmosphere. It was a great stay for a great price. I am for sure staying here again next time I stay in Fargo!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank byram006
Levi O, Manager at Days Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thanks for the kind comments! We have been working very hard over the last month, the staff will appreciate seeing this! We'll see you next time!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We are bikers, so we have tons of gear to unload from our bikes. We asked for a ground floor room, due to this fact. When we got there, hot and tired, we had to unload our gear on to a cart then walk the cart to the stairs, then lug it all upstairs. He offered to help, or send help, but we just did it in several trips.

We just wanted the floor we asked for. No elevator here. Our room was so hot, no air on, most hotels in this price range had the air on at least a little so you did not walk into a sauna, also nice after riding in the high temperatures all day.

Breakfast, it was pretty good, has the fresh waffles, not all ready made, cereal, juice, pastries. That was nice, and got us going for the day, without having to find a restaurant in the morning.

We are only gave them 3 for the size of the room, and they did not listen to us on how hard it was for us to manuever lots of gear. No elevator. We would have chosen another hotel otherwise.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor if you can not physically get around....it did not help us!!! We did not ju...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the inconvenience of no elevator. Being that we are new ownership/management I would like to add this type of guest issue to our retraining. It would be great if you could call me directly at 701-235-5566 so that I can get some more information. We appreciate you staying with us and thank you again for your feedback. I hope we speak soon. Take Care.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Positives:
Friendly staff, nice room, comfortable bed, great location, good value, good breakfast

Negatives:
The hot tub was broken when I was there...can't be helped, but I was a bit disappointed. Corridors smelled funny.

Probably would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for reviewing us. We are pleased that you were very satisfied with our hotel and looking forward to your next stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the hot tub jets not working, but do appreciate your understanding as we are at the mercy of the pool supply stores on having parts to fix things. Thank you for staying with us. We'll see you next time!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed here on our last trip and were very happy. It was a very affordable place to stay and has several good businesses close to the hotel. The rooms were clean and well kept. The only thing we found wrong was in the bathroom where several floor tiles were loose and stuck to your foot and pulled loose. We informed the front desk. Other than that, the pool and hot tub were great and the breakfast in the morning was very good as well. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Fargo.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Levi O, Manager at Days Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. We value these reviews as we try to get better every single day. If you could please contact me at fargodaysinn@gmail.com or by phone 701-235-5566 I would like to speak with you. I am happy that your stay went great and we will address the bathroom floor immediately. Have a wonderful weekend. Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Recently stayed here while my son was in a wrestling tournament in the Fargo Dome. Honestly this was the only hotel i could find, so I took it. The hotel was average at best, nothing spectacular. The beds were comfortable, and the air was super cold. I attempted to use the hot tub, and thought the water looked a bit suspicious. Once I was knee deep and could smell the stench of the water, i decided it not the best idea. They did serve a continental breakfast, but nothing spectacular. This hotel needs some work but for the price point it gets the job done.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Levi O, Manager at Days Inn Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have hired a certified pool operator for this property. Cass County Health Department checks our pool PH levels every Monday. Due to extremely high occupancy we have been unable to create a window to get in and paint the pool itself. As the new owners and management I can assure you that this item is on top of our list. I want to thank you again, your opinion is valued.