“Very Disappointing!!”

Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
warroad
“Very Disappointing!!”
Reviewed January 19, 2010

My family and I stayed for only one night, my daughter had a dr apt the next morning. They made me go out and buy a credit card with over $100 on it even tho the room was "65.00" I was not happy about that being I already had a prepaid credit card and didn't think i should have to buy another. Well I have been fighting for 2 months to get my extra $40.00 from the credit card back. We didnt accru any other fees for them to keep this money. The manager was RUDE. It's not that special. The pool was cold. I couldn't even find a stairwell in case of a fire! I am so disappointed!! AND I am still waiting on my money!! My advice..you'll be more happy at a Super 8!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank heavenlygavin
ri2266, Reservations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fargo, responded to this review, April 5, 2010

We do have a credit card policy at our hotel, we have to authorize a credit card for the entire stay at check in. Please call the hotel directly if you have any questions regarding your past stay. In regards to the pool the water is always kept at 82 degrees, per our pool standards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Chicago
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I normally stay at Hilton, Hyatt, and other much nicer brands than Ramada. I was plesently surprised how nice the restaurant, lounge, lobby, rooms and condition of the hotel was, considering it was a Ramada. Downside was it had a very small outdated workout facility.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Fargo
Reviewed May 22, 2009

The Ramada is a decent hotel in terms of the rooms, pool and other amenities, but the customer service is really terrible. My family and I stayed there for a mini vacation, since I live in town. I had recieved a gift certificate for Christmas, so I booked a room. The certificate was for $125 and the room cost was $99. The front desk told me that since the gift certificate was for a ROOM, I would have to give up the rest of the value, unless I used it on a busier weekend. After arguing on the phone, and finally going there in person they agreed to convert it to a cash certificate and let me use the rest for meals.

In addition, I plan corporate trips and although they have a 24 hour shuttle, we have many instance where the following day, they say that the guest is not there when we have the rental cars dropped off. They have also been very rude on the phone putting me on hold until the 1800 line picks up.

I would definitely not recommend this hotel if you are looking for a place that cares about their customers.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Charline K

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Stayed for one night in February, 2009. Very nice property for area. Modern looking hotel. Restaurant on site. Large parking area. Elevator. Has a conference center as well.

I had a queen sleeping room and it was good size. Bathrooms were average. The rooms are updated and well maintained. Very clean. Free wireless although it was slow at times. Room was quiet. I got a $79 rate online and it was a great deal for the property.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2009

We stayed here for 1 night on our way to Minneapolis and LOVED IT!! Our room was HUGE!! The Suite was super comfortable for the 3 of us! Large beds, bathroom, and living area! The pull out sofa wasn't so comfy, but no one slept on it. It would have been a problem if we had more people but we didn't so it was ok. Sink with fridge and microwave were handy. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Pool area was a lot of fun! Nice waterslide, warm pool, and a great hot tub! Good location to West Acres and restaurants. We would definately stay here again for an overnight or to shop in Fargo.

• Liked — Large clean rooms
  • Disliked — Beds were not that comfortable
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed November 14, 2008

I booked 2 suites here for 3 nights for our annual pre-christmas shopping trip.our party included 2 family's each with young children.

the staff was nice at check in and out, and room service staff was nice.

we had 2 suites with 2 double beds in the bedrooms and a pulout couch in the living room area, we had adjoining rooms so the kids could go back and forth beteween rooms. The rooms were clean and well furnished including 2 tv's a fridge, microwave and bar sink.

The pool area is nice, but needs some supervision,one of the evenings we had some concerns about some of the other guests that were playing a rather rough game of football that covered the bulk of the main pool area (and often spreading into the kiddie pool and waterslide area. These people were never dealt with by staff, several other guests spoke to them but nothing was done by hotel staff.

The hotel is very large and seems to be only serviced by 2 elevators that are very slow, so thier is often long waits for elevator service.

The hotel location is perfect and very close to the west acres mall and other shopping areas.

• Liked — location, clenliness
  • Disliked — slow elevators, no pool supervision
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
grenille
Reviewed October 31, 2008

Stayed here for four days for a conference in October 2008. Really beautiful conference facilities. Modern and stylish. Unfortunately, hotel is located in a vast sea of concrete parking lots and shopping malls. Not really anywhere to walk to.
Elevators are insufficient for the size of the hotel. Waits for the elevators are frequent.
Good sized rooms with comfortable, clean beds. Pillows slightly lumpy. Views are of the parking lots around the hotel.
Incredibly fast room service. Decent hotel food. Don't get the breakfast buffet -- order fresh.
Worst part was the housekeeping. The housekeeping staff spent less than 5 minutes in our room each day. All they did was make the bed & put out fresh towels. No vacuuming, nothing else. We had to badger them to get our room cleaned one day -- we returned at 6 p.m. and nothing had been done. One day there was no cleaning at all.
I'd recommend this place. Nothing too fancy, but for a chain hotel it was very very nice.

• Liked — Nice modern facilities
  • Disliked — Housekeeping & breakfast buffet -- yuck!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business