“awesome stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
West Fargo
“awesome stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

The Hotel is a vary nice and bigger hotel for the area. The rooms and lobby are all updated the rooms bathrooms have granite countertops new Samsung flat screen TVs. The food was very good the hallways lead to the room's the carpet was dirty. The rooms we're very clean the beds we're ok for comfort. I would stayat this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Samuel P, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Fargo Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Chris, thank you for taking the time to write us a positive review for your stay at the Ramada Plaza & Suites! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and liked our recent updates! We appreciate your kind words and would love to have you back next time!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Winnipeg, Manitoba
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel at the end of December with my husband, son and his friend (kids are 15 yr. old). Elevators are REALLY slow. Stairs are only located at one of the end of the building. They have 1 hour adult swim at 10:30. The young fellow kicked all the kids out of the pool, including our boys. That left one man and us. Soon after 2 girls wearing the hotels wristbands came to swim ( the wristbands indicate that they are under 18). The guy in charge did not kick them out, they were about 17! Then 2 young boys entered the pool area, wearing jackets, gloves, hats and boots and proceeded right to the hot tub area, where they got undressed right down to their underwear!!!! yup, thats right. then the girls wanting to get their attention, starting screaming while going down the water slide etc. We left!!
o.k now on to the big issue....inside their elevator, they advertise their Sunday Brunch and list most items. It said they have eggs benedict. Now, that is something you don't make yourself often, so I said I wanted to go, we let the boys sleep in and my husband and I went for brunch. We scoped everything out and there was a guy "working" the omelette station, who was leaning against the wall on his cell phone. I asked where the eggs benedict was, and he said "we don't have that" . We ordered omelettes and went to get the rest of our hot items, (the omelette toppings were burning in the pan, while he was wrestling with an extension cord in the hallway. When he finally came back, angry, without washing his hands, he took the pans away, with out a word, threw them out, and asked us again, what kind of omelette? I declined, based on attitude and lack of hand washing. My husbands omelette was way over cooked in the end. I told our waitress, who told me to tell to another lady, who brought over the general manager of the restaurant, I then explained everything again, and he just thanked me for telling him. I was expecting him to get me an eggs benedict from the kitchen, at the very least. I was totally turned off, ate almost nothing in the end, and then the bill came, and believe it or not, they actually charged us for both of the brunches...INCREDIBLE.
We came back, I wrote a very detailed email to the General Manager of the hotel. ( Carol Johnson). One week, no response. Then I get a phone call from a man, I think he was the assistant General Manager, who apologized for not getting back to me sooner, said that Carol was away, and asked me to give him a day, to look into it and he would call me back "tomorrow"....well, "tomorrow never came"....nothing no response as of yet....I emailed Carol Johnson back to say that I have waited and cannot believe her lack of care for her guests and said that I will now complete my Trip Advisor Review and get in touch with the Corporate offices, to lodge a complaint... STILL NO RESPONSE.
I will never stay at this hotel again, and I will tell all that I know to do the same.
I of course left out a lot of details in this response but wanted to make everyone aware, that RAMADA'S MANAGEMENT TEAM DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR STAY!!!!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vegasmama67
ri2266, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Fargo Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Management here cares about each and every guest who walks through our doors. Every manager makes it a priority to make sure all guests leave our hotel with an enjoyable and memorable stay. We do want to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor, about your stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize that your stay did not fare the way you had hoped and that you had a slow response time by our staff. The issues you experienced while staying with us are not indicative of the level of service or the quality of accommodations that we provide for our guests. We did want you to know that our General Manager was out of the office due to surgery and was not able to respond herself to your review and thought this had all been taken care of in her absence. In following up with our restaurant General Manager, he distinctly remembers offering Eggs Benedict from the kitchen, however that offer was declined. We have also met with department managers to guarantee they are constantly enforcing all policies and procedures with their staff. In addition, our Assistant General Manager has followed up twice by telephone, as well. We do appreciate your feedback, as this is what we are able to use to continuously improve the training of our staff.

Carol Johnson
Enderlin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

WE Love Ramada Suites. To have the extra space is fantastic. We had our daughter and 2 grand daughters stay too.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Samuel P, Front Office Manager at Ramada Plaza Fargo Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you, Virgil, for taking the time to share your stay with us! I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your family. Our two-bedroom suites have the at-home feel and I hope that you felt that way too. We hope you will visit us again in the future!

Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

My wife and i stayed in fargo for 2 days and had a very pleasant experience at the Fargo Ramada. The room was clean and spacious, well appointed. The staff were very efficient and courteous, all in all we would highly recommend the Ramada and look forward to our next stay there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your experience of the Ramada Plaza and Suites. We are so glad we were able to exceed your expectations with our accommodations and attentive staff. We truly appreciate that you will be recommending us to your friends, as well. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope the next time your travels bring you to Fargo we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.