“Great Stay as Always”

Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Mpls, MN
“Great Stay as Always”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have never been disappointed in the Ramada in fargo, ND. Great rooms, quiet, great pool for the kids, friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Larimore, North Dakota
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed here for one night. The price was very reasonable and the hotel was very nice neat and clean. The room was a one king bed room and had so much extra space. It had a mini fridge/bar area. The bar/restaurant (which we did not go to but did walk by several times) had a nice jazz band playing and it looked like many people were enjoying it. This time we did not go to the pool, but they have a wonderful pool area with a water slide and play area. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and friendly and there were plenty of people working, so there was no line. If they noticed someone waiting they were quick to say " I can help you over here" It is close to many shops, the mall and places to eat. Really a nice place to stay for fun or for business.
I do have to wonder though, why there were 8 pillows in a room that only had one bed.

Room Tip: Call the hotel to book and ask, is this your best price?
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bagley, Minnesota
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I purchased two rooms for my family. I was told I had adjoining rooms and they had none, then I had to track down another adult to sign for the second room although I had booked both. the pool staff run down the kids constantantly with their whistles!!! The young kids cannot even go in the hot tub and then they shut it down and also the pool early. That Is why we picked this hotel. You cannot even bring in a bread crumb and feed your kids even on the pool deck or bring in a glass of water to the pool. I have never stayed in a hotel before and can't bring in your snacks, food, or beverage. We have stayed in several hotels in Fargo, and have never run into this before. We feel, you pay enough for the rooms. If you want a very stressed out stay, go ahead and book, never, never will I book this hotel, the kids cannot have fun and they insist you buy their beer, etc.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Selkirk, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2011

When we were checking into the Ramada we were told that the only regular rooms available were smoking, but when I expressed that I really wanted a non-smoking room, the man who was also working, came over and recommended an upgrade to a larger non-smoking room at no extra cost. What a pleasant surprise it was, as the room was large and fresh smelling, and really made for an enjoyable stay. We really appreciated the jesture. Thank you Ramada in Fargo.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
ri2266, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fargo, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed the room as we recently underwent renovations of all guest rooms. We hope to of service to you again in the future!
Calgary
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed here on Aug 8 with my two daughters for a shopping expedition. I booked last minute on line and could not get a non smoking room but the front desk reception (who are very nice and professional) upgraded me to a honeymoon suite when I got there for just a few dollars more. It was well worth it. Room was spacious, very tastefully decorated and looked brand new. Bed was comfortable as was chaise lounge (big enough to sleep on if required) Hotel is conveniently located right across from West Acres Mall and pretty close to other major stores. Did not try the restaurant on site so unable to comment but had a nice martini from Dave in the bar. Had room service in the morning and food was fine although order got a little mixed up but still good. Pool area and slide were nice for the kids and well maintained. I have stayed at other properties in Fargo but found this to be the best by far.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Stayed here for one night and have mixed feelings on my stay. The pool area is fun with a waterslide and small kids area. The rooms are large but they desperately need to do something with the carpets in the hallways and rooms. Of course I look down and see a big black bug on the floor when unzipping my suitcase which unfortunately did me in for the balance of my stay. Did check the beds for bed bugs and they were clean. I don't think I would stay here again...it's average at best.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
ri2266, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fargo, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel. All room types have currently gone through a renovation except our standard rooms. We are excited to announce that upgrades will be coming very soon for our standard rooms and all carpeting will be replaced as well! During this time of year we do have so many bugs in our area, we do have professionals on a regular basis for the inside and outside of the building. We do hope you will give us another try in the future to see our improvements and renovations.
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Large rooms, very clean and excellent amenities. Will definatley stay there again!

• Stayed July 2011