“What Extraordinary Staff”

Comfort Inn Dickinson I-94
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Dickinson
Reviewed March 23, 2013

When I arrived I ask the desk clerk to reserve a room for me at my next intended stop but her system would not do that. She offered to call the central reservation service for me and placed the call. I went into telephone cue hell: 20 minutes later I was still on hold. She took the phone for me while I went to park my car.
When I got back she was still on hold. After another 10 minutes or so I ran out of patience. I was hungry asked her if she could continue to hold for me while I went next door to the restaurant. She agreed and I went to eat.
When I returned about ½-hour later, she was just hanging up the telephone, having finally succeeded in making my reservation. She said that she’d had made four separate telephone calls before she was able to get the reservation made. She’d spent more than 30 minutes on the telephone on my behalf. While she was helping me, she was also helping other guests with their enquiries or to check in.
I can honestly say that I have never received such exceptional customer service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JSK_III
DickinsonComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dickinson I-94, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments on our customer service. Here at the Comfort Inn we strive to provide the best service possible. We try to find those little extra's we can help with. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here and we hope you will choose us again when you are traveling through the area.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Dickinson I-94

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was at the Comfort Inn Dickinson Jan. 21st thru Feb. 4th (-1 night in Bismarck!). My arrangements had been originally 12/24-28/12,then 1/24-28/13, then 2/21-28/13,ect. All of these changes were based around my son-in-law having a terrible auto accident keeping my them (my daughter,granddaughter,and son-in-law from coming to Colorado for Christmas. In Colorado my father was very ill(he's 89 and dying) I'm only sharing that to give you some, not all,of the background for my time at your hotel. This was my 2nd stay, and I chose Comfort Inn for the Water Park and the larger spa/suite rooms available. During a difficult time your staff was more than exceptional and not only to me but I watched your staff (from all positions) truly care and helped many visitors. I became so comfortable that I wrote a list of items/services that could be offered; example birthday party packs. I can't say enough good things about your staff and the many extras you offer. Thank you Barb Warfield

Room Tip: For get togethers with kids, the large suites with the office room or, my favorite, the jacuzzi tub...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Barb -

Thank you for your kind comments and great suggestions you left us. We look forward to you coming back to stay with us again (hopefully under better circumstances.) I am happy that you shared your experience with trip advisor.

See you soon
Melissa Johnson

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Recently updated, great beds and showers. Continental breakfast choices are abundant. Staff friendly and accommodating. Location is close to many eating establishments and shopping. Pool and hot tub area is great too!

Room Tip: 2 story hotel. No elevator. Some interior rooms are next to pool but no access to pool from room d...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the nice commments about our hotel. We can't wait for you to come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel was very clean and attractive. The rooms were nicely maintained. The breakfast choices was huge compared to most continental breakfast choices. Didn't bring the kids, but they have a huge pool area with water slide that is uncommon for Comfort Inn hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
DickinsonComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dickinson I-94, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

We appreciate the nice things you had to say about our breakfast and the rest of our hotel. Just so you know we try to switch out our breakfast offerings so if you do spend an extended time with us you will find different options. We hope next time you come visit us you can bring the kids so they can enjoy our pool area.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Had a great stay at the Comfort Inn last night, bed and pillows very comfortable, no noise, staff friendly, nice pool area, great breakfast! Only disappointment was no lounge :) Would stay there again, thanks for the great service!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel. Hopefully the front desk staff pointed out that there are two lounges within a block from our hotel, so easy walking distance. We can't wait for you to stay again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. The beds were comfortable and the rooms average size. It was difficult to adjust the temperature in the room. It was either too hot or too cold. The same was true for the shower. The comp breakfast, however was larger than most.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
DickinsonComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dickinson I-94, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments on our beds and breakfast. We are glad you enjoyed them. As far as the room temperature being hard to regulate, we have hot water heat here at our hotel so it is a constant heat but it is slow to respond to instant heat changes. We try to keep all our rooms at a comfortable temperature.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Again we picked the Comfort Inn on our way to our ski week over New Years. The Dickinson Comfort Inn is one of the nicest looking that we have stayed in. Problem with Dickinson is the OIL BOOM so all the rooms are REALLY EXPENSIVE compared to Bismarck and Glendive but with the storm we were forced to stop. Luckily they had a room and the front desk (kid) gave us the family suite which was only slightly expensive than one room and that way we didn't need two separate rooms at double the charge (this MOM was VERY grateful) The pool is great for kids... (younger than mine mainly) but it was being worked on and they didn't have the water slides working but the kids found time in the hot tub and other pool. This is a hotel you could spend a couple nights in if you are in the area. Breakfast served 6am - 9am so there is no extra expense for food in the morning or wasted time feeding a hungry crew! LOVE the Comfort Inn's chain for these kind of overnights.

Room Tip: The family room is one room with 2 double beds and a little TV room with a pull out and separated fr...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
DickinsonComfortInn, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dickinson I-94, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here at the Dickinson Comfort Inn. We hope we will become an annual stop for you and your family. I am happy to report the waterslide issue that you experienced while you were here is now back up and running.