“Surprisingly Great Stay”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Dickinson
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Dickinson
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Driving up the outside of the hotel looked like one of those older Americinn hotels but when I entered the room I was extremely impressed. Completely up to date well appointed room. Very nice. Quiet as most Americinns are. A little pricey at $120 for a single but would stay again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bigeasy43

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I travel to Dickinson on business so we always stay at the Americinn Motel & Suites. I always have a clean room, the staff is always friendly and sometimes they have cookies waiting for us. We usually encounter the overnight staff and they greet us with kindness. I love the beds and especially the pillows, I have bought 2 of them. Thank you for making it easy to get some sleep.

Room Tip: top floor closes to the front desk are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rustiredd
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed three days. If there wasn't an oil boom this hotel would be begging for sales at less that $50/night. It was clean but getting shabby. The cold continental breakfast was extensive but the one "hot" dish (the same every day) was cold and the biscuits were petrified.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tombo081649
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have stayed at the AmericInn in Dickinson, but that was before the oil boom. The hotel is starting to show the negative effects of the oil boom economy. Back when we stayed at the Americinn years ago, the hotel was in an open area surrounded by green grass andy trees.

Now, the hotel sits on a small lot surrounded by other structures, including newer and nicer hotels. You might be lucky enough to have your roomg overlook an increasing pile of trash that is accumulating in the back of the hotel. Or your can see a busy road.

At first glance, our room looked very nice. But it had not been cleaned properly, as there was hair on the floor and in the room's tub.

Also, the water in the hot tub was cold and the guest laundry was out of service.

I think the hotel needs to train its cleaning staff better and needs to contract with reliable services for the hotel hot tub and laundry. Unfortunately, I think the state's oil boom economy will force other areas to suffer.

I will stay at Americinn hotels again, just not the one in Dickinson.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 14, 2012

When we opened the door to the room and I saw the king size bed, it looked like someone had put a one ton rock in the center of the mattress and left it there for a week. The dip in the center was that visible and sleeping was seriously uncomfortable. Everything else about our stay at the Americinn was wonderful. The entrance and lobby area resemble a chalet, the breakfast was excellent, the location is great, and the room was beautifully decorated and very quiet.

Available rooms in Dickinson are scarce because of the oil drilling boom in western ND. When we started our quest to reserve a room about 2 1/2 months prior to our trip, over half the hotels in the area were "sold out". The rooms are expensive everywhere, so if you find a room available at ANY property in Dickinson - grab it, no matter the cost.

If the bed hadn't been so horrible, I would have given the review 5 stars (or circles). The really negative reviews here puzzle me. I guess we were lucky (except for the bed....).

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first level if you have heavy bags. Lots of steps to the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kcl491
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We were very disappointed in this hotel. The first room we were shown had a hole in the wall, had paint missing on another wall and smelled terrible. We asked to move. Had we not already checked in.. we would have left and gone to a different hotel. We definitely will NEVER stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luvscats
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here a few weeks ago during a wedding and found it really convenient and comfortable. Its located just off the 2nd exit into Dickinson and is close to all the shopping malls & restaurants.
When I arrived (11:30pm) I was welcomed by a lady who didnt seem to happy to have to be there at that time of night (understandable) but I want impressed with her hospitality, not a good first impression. But the rooms were clean and well equipped. The breakfast was delicious with cereal, yoghurts, toast, biscuits & gravy, waffles, and bottomless cups of coffee!
I would recommend to put in an elevator, as I was staying with my grandma and it was hard for her to walk up and down the stairs!
Otherwise a good stay!