“Conveniently located!”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Dickinson
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Dickinson
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here a few weeks ago during a wedding and found it really convenient and comfortable. Its located just off the 2nd exit into Dickinson and is close to all the shopping malls & restaurants.
When I arrived (11:30pm) I was welcomed by a lady who didnt seem to happy to have to be there at that time of night (understandable) but I want impressed with her hospitality, not a good first impression. But the rooms were clean and well equipped. The breakfast was delicious with cereal, yoghurts, toast, biscuits & gravy, waffles, and bottomless cups of coffee!
I would recommend to put in an elevator, as I was staying with my grandma and it was hard for her to walk up and down the stairs!
Otherwise a good stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This facility is two-story, but does not have an elevator. That is becoming a deal-breaker for us. The design of the facility is okay, but it is starting to show a little wear. No real complaints about our stay, except the fact that the breakfast area is too small. Because of the oil boom in the area the place is full virtually every night. There are not many choices in town and this is probably the best in the area. Trust me, there will be LOTS of pickup trucks in the parking lot.

Room Tip: Need to have reservations well in adance. Unemployment is this area is non-existant. Housing is in s...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2012

On a recent road trip to the Dakotas, I stayed at this hotel on the way back from Mount Rushmore. I thought Dickinson would be a sleepy little town and the hotel easy to find. Due to the oil boom in nearby Williston, ND the town of Dickinson was very busy. Lots of construction and cars. I was very surprised. Had a hard time finding the hotel at first through all of it. The hotel itself is very nice. Great lodge-like feel. Lounge area with big comfy chairs. Free continental breakfast. Dining area had free soup and coffee at all hours. The pool and hot tub area was very nice and open for very long hours (lots of times pools close at 10pm, this one was open till midnight and said you could arrange to get in after that even). My room was extremely comfortable and clean. Slept very well. It was a little expensive - I paid $140 through Priceline. Not sure if that's because of the oil boom or what.

Room Tip: Stayed in 106, on the first floor by the front desk. Very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I had travelled 1100 miles on our motorbikes so were looking for a comfortable bed. The staff were amazing - friendly, helpful and very informative.
The rooms were clean, comfortable, and modern.
The beds were comfortable too. The breakfast area was well organized and the food was fresh.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Our room ws very spacious for the 4 of us. It was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast had lots of variety and was delocious. We will stay again on our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy L
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed while traveling from Ohio to Idaho with our 3 small children. The Lobby and pool were simple, clean and fine, but the rooms were borderline acceptable to us. We would have left if there were other options, however it was late and we just needed a place to stay for the night. Carpets were older and stained, surfaces were clean, yet old and worn, the room is dark and uncomfortable, and they used bed blankets stapled to a piece of wood as window blinds. Not sure what that was all about, we went to bed woke up early left early. We cancelled our reservation on the way back to Ohio and drove to Morehead, Mn where more acceptable options are available.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2011

The hotel was very easy to find. Check-in was quick and easy. My room was very clean. I loved being able to work out and soak in the hot tub. I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2011