“New Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Dickinson
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Dickinson
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Great thing is that this place is very new and has all the perks of being in a new hotel. It is all you would expect from a commercial brand hotel (clean, comfortable and convenient). Parking is a little limited as another person point out but this is most likely only an issue if you arrive late like we did (12am). Only downside is that is is pricier than other local hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LostSojourner

Reviewed September 8, 2012

The hotel is newer (as are lots of hotels in the area due to the oil boom) but there is limited signage to help you find it. The front parking lot was packed when I arrived and well lit. I had to park in the back lot which was almost as full but no where near as well lit. The lobby was nice, room was very nice...bed was comfortable so I can't complain. I like the grab and go breakfast option. The room rates are crazy expensive but in line with the rest of the area....again thanks to the oil boom.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've stayed at a lot of Hampton Inns, and this one was absolutely the best I have ever stayed at. Brand new, sophisticated decor for the price range, spotlessly clean, extra large room, large indoor swimming pool...the place was great. I highly recommend this property and wish that there were more Hampton Inns that were this nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank stevenutah
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Nice location. Bed a little hard. Internet could be faster. I would rate this property 3 stars except for the desk. I had a king executive and it had the best work area I have ever seen in a hotel. Has 6 drawers and plenty of plug ins. Nice to have real work space and not a table with an office chair.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Another guest review said that this hotel only has one elevator, the hotel actually has two. My stay was during a particularly busy week in which the hotel was sold out. However, you would not have known the hotel was at max because I was still able to get parking, hot breakfast and the internet still ran smoothly. Great hotel and definitely will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is new. It smells new and is very clean. The Hotel has a nice pool and Hot tub. I had the best sleep in this hotel it was guite and well cared for. Room rate was $189.00 per night. The also have a warm breakfest in the morning

Room Tip: This hotel is close to williston.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nascardad101
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were visiting Theodore Roosevelt National Park on family vacation and were glad we stumbled upon this brand new Hampton in Dickinson. It is about 45 minutes driving time to the park's south unit. Not too bad, but you really can't get much closer unless you want to stay in a small, independent motel in Medora right outside the park gates. This hotel literally just opened about a month ago, so everything had that brand new feel. Apparently, word hasn't gotten around yet. It was a 4-story Hampton and was relatvely desserted. It seemed like there were no more than about 20 or so rooms occupied.

With the room being so new, everything was of course in great shape. Our room included a fridge which is a feature we like when we're on vacation. Unfortunately the fridge didn't include a freezer section. We like to have a freezer, even if it's a very small one, as it allows us to make our own ice blocks for the cooler, but no big deal there. The room was appointed exactly as you would expect a Hampton room to be appointed. The beds were quite comfortable and we all slept well.

I found the breakfast area to be quite large, which is nice to see. It obviously was not an issue on this trip since we had the entire breakfast area to ourselves during our stay, but I have seen so many Hamptons with undersized breakfast areas where it was tough to get a table in the mornings. That definitely was not the case here.

The only small criticism is that the hotel only has one elevator. Again, the property was so desserted during our stay that it was not an issue at all, but I have stayed in other Hamptons that only had one elevator before and found it to be a little bit of a nuisance during the morning hours when everyone is up and about. With this being a 4-story Hampton it could be a small problem when the hotel is more full. I consider that a pretty minor issue though and would not base my decision to stay there on that alone.

I would definitely stay here again if I ever returned to the Dickinson area.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family