“Clean and polite”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Dickinson
Williston, North Dakota
“Clean and polite”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The staff was very friendly and the room exceeded my expectations. I loved that there were a great amount of outlets in the room. Normally in hotels you have to unplug the clock and lamp to plug something in..that is not the case here.

• Stayed July 2013
StayAstoria, Manager at Astoria Hotel & Event Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello Alexi,
Thank you so much for leaving us with a guest review, and for letting the world know about our hotel and the great amenities that we have to offer. Here at the Astoria we strive to exceed our guest expectation by WOWING our guest in everything that we do. I am well please to know that we was successful in exceeding your expectation and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Marathon
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I got this room thru BookingBuddy.com but it was still 109.00 plus tax. and it had some ok reviews. I am a Hilton/Hampton/ person with cleanliness a priority but went against my gut and booked here when I got it online. I called several times after making reservation online to make sure everything was ok, requested not to be by any construction due to asthma. After a long day driving from MN we were excited to get here b4 5 tonite and wanted a swim in and go out for dinner. We were assigned 333----first mistake. This is right after construction wing;and the ice machine, drywall on the floor inside our room, white paint splashed all over ergonomic chair, the dust was very thick when we walked in the room, paper all over the floor and front desk called. These young girls at the desk need to be trained in PR, and when there is a concern get the manager. I was told I would be called back. She did and told me"We are completely sold out and no other rooms are available." So Housekpg. sent up and started to clean, then the room was missing a waste basket, and the phone book and Kleenex.As the houskpg. con't to redo the beds and apologise, I said enough, it is obvious construction has been here using the room. Called again and housekpg. gal was right beside me with assurance to the front desk about the room. Called back again and WOW! A room was located to switch & upgraded to Room 419....away we go, walk in immediately noticed toothpaste on the sink, not one spot, all over the end of the counter by the sink,white 'stuff' on the floor by the tub, coffee all over the wall by the door the wooden furniture was filthy and the phone&area was filthy dirty.There was white stuff all over the tile in the kitchen area, and brown stuff on the fan area. I called and asked for the houskpg mgr. who had just assured us the previous room must not have been checked b4 we checked in. Obviously. We waited 15 minutes and no one.I called for the hotel mgr(Pauline). and no one after 25 min. I went downstairs and non chalantly was told"Oh, she just went up." OK-she was there in the room, very apologetic about everything, 'the room must not have been checked prior to your checking in" -really? This is the second room.. I took her and showed her everything..Offered us a free drink from the bar, it took 3 staff to clean the room and they were finally done after 45 minutes. They were very apologetic, esp. Michael, and he was very sincere. However, these 2 rooms were in separate areas of the hotel and awful. I would have been embarrassed to be the mgr. or staff. But I do feel I was loutright lied to by the front desk and that is what makes me very upset and would not suggest this hotel at all. It is obvious with the oil construction is in the area as there are several workers here, but does that make housekpg. any less important? I am contacting my CC company tonite. Was this hassle worth 109.00? no,and no chance to relax, get some much needed exercise, ordered a pizza in and settled for that. Very disappointing nite here. Haven't tried the bed yet but did look it over very closely. Excuses were what we got and poor front desk service. They need some customer service classes. You never lie to a customer.I didn't have the camera handy or would have gotten pictures of it all.too unreal to believe if you didn't see it and hear it.

Room Tip: do not make a room reservation here.And a drink doesnt' cover the wasted time and disappointment...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jaden6WI
StayAstoria, Manager at Astoria Hotel & Event Center, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Hello,
I would like to first and foremost give my deepest apology for your most recent experience with us. Secondly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to make me aware of your most recent stay. I can assure you that this is most certainly not the NORM of our hotel and that we put CLEANLINESS, SERVICE, AND QUALITY, first in everything we do. Please do know that this type of service/experience is certainly not acceptable here at our hotel and is being addressed as we speak. Here at the Astoria we strive for excellence and view every guest that stays with us as VIP. I am highly disappointed that we were unable to satisfy you during your stay and failed to leave a lasting good first impression on you.

Once again, I apologize for your most recent experience and I can assure you that this will not happen again with you or with any other guest that will be staying with us.
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I can't say enough great things about this place. It is absolutely beautiful. The prices are so affordable also. It is very close to Theodore Roosevelt National Park and right in the middle of lots of restaurants and things to do. The town of Dickinson has several parks to walk around and stretch your legs. The breakfast is outstanding and they have a nice lounge area, although we were just too tired to try it out. The pool and hot tub area are quite beautiful as well. This was certainly our favorite place to stay on our 10 day trip. We liked it so well we stayed an extra day!!
The staff could not have been nicer!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank traveler1075
StayAstoria, Director of Sales at Astoria Hotel & Event Center, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you found our Hotel convenient to your trip to Medora! We are lucky we have a location right off the interstate and close to restaurants. We are also glad that you liked it so much you extended your stay, hopefully your travels will bring you back here again! Thank you for making the review.
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was a Beautiful property. Staff was friendly and very helpful. I have stayed at many properties and this is one of my favorites. Breakfast was great. Room was very welcoming. Lounge area was nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know that you had a nice stay! We appreciate you taking the time to make a review. We also appreciate you staying with us here at the Astoria. Hope to see you again soon!
Montana
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Great location for this new hotel in Dickinson. It had very nice large rooms with comfortable beds and all the amenities. The breakfast was sufficient, but we did get in on the tail end, so there may have been more choices earlier in the morning. The lounge area was comfortable and fun with a family feel around the community pool table. A nice place to hang out. Many good restaurants nearby. The front desk staff were very friendly and very helpful with all of our needs. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your pleasant review! We appreciate you taking time to let the public know what kind of a facility we have. We are also pleased that you were able to enjoy our amenities. Hopefully we will see you again soon!
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Large room - sofa/sleeper and stuffed chair in addition to a king size bed. There were up lights behind the head board which made for soft lighting in the room as well as reading lights on the head board - nice! The desk was on rollers so you didn't have to sit at once place to work on a computer, etc... Very comfortable bed/pillows. Nice size bathroom. Also very quiet - oil workers staying hear but we never heard anyone in the morning leaving.

Room Tip: Make reservations - they sell out.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
StayAstoria, Manager at Astoria Hotel & Event Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to leave us with a guest review. I am well please to know that you were satisfy with your stay and have such positive things to say about our hotel. Great customer service is an ongoing process and a daily practice of our hotel and our entire staff. Here at the Astoria we think, and look at everything we do from a guest perspective. We strive for quality and consistency in everything we do.

Once again I thank you for staying with us, and thank you for leaving us with such great comments.
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here when passing through town, very nice with almost new facility, friendly staff, nice pool and a reasonable rate, what more could you ask for. Also n excellent Mexican restaurant next door. Give the both a try you won't be disappointed !

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to start of by thanking you for taking the time to leave us with such a great and warmth review, and for speaking so highly of our hotel, staff, and surrounding area. secondly, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your hotel of choice. Here at the Astoria, we believe in going over and beyond our guest expectation, and live solely for providing 100% customer service and hospitality.

We enjoy having you here as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you again,