“Very nice hotel”

Astoria Hotel & Event Center
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Dickinson
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

After having a less than positive experience at a neighboring hotel, it was a breath of fresh air!
The room was clean, well appointed, spacious and comfortable. Still brand new and there were some issues with one of the elevators, but staff was good at redirecting.

If there is anything that lacked, it was the evening desk staff (I don't know her name) was less than helpful. She was bored and clearly didn't want to be there. Not very hospitable.

• Stayed: May 2013
StayAstoria, Director of Sales at Astoria Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments! We will address the issue with the night person and we do apologize for that. We hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Astoria Hotel & Event Center

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Very nice rooms and decor. Very professional staff and very nice place to stay. Would recommend to all my friends and family. Very close to all shopping and resturants. Pool is very nice and really loved my room, wanted to stay longer, very roomie and quiet.

Room Tip: Right off the 94 interestate, Resturants only blocks away!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
StayAstoria, Director of Sales at Astoria Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Astoria! I am so glad you had a nice time. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

All though the rooms are nice, and this is Newer property in Bismark, I would rather stay at a chain hotel where I get points. Resturant is still under construction, Lobby is quite big but (un inviting) Needs more decor. Staff was average apon check in and check out. I was very excited to stay here as I have never stayed at a Astoria before. Pretty dissapointed that it was average to most (nicer) chain hotels. On a good note the Room WAS clean and bed WAS comfortable. Might try another Astoria in another location to compare. We'll see.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on second floor unless you like ppl walking past your window all the time
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brent S
StayAstoria, Director of Sales at Astoria Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you so much for submitting your comments on our Hotel. Permanent, upscale décor is on its way to the Astoria in Dickinson! Please also stay tuned, the Hotel will have a point system eventually. Your comments and great taste in hotels is an asset to us moving forward. We hope you will come stay with us when the restaurant and event center is open!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed in Astoria Hotel in Dickinson,ND. The hotel is new. I told them housekeeping they did not need to clean our room as we are only there for a short time. The lady repeated this back to me 2x's. Upon coming back to the room that evening we noticed they had taken some of our snacks and had been in our suitcases. I reported this to the front desk who said they would give this to the manager. He would call us back. He did not so I called him. He said he would check on it nd get back to us. He did not so I called gain. Another excuse. He said he would call me back in 15 minutes. Over 2 hours latter I called again. Front desk said a Pauline called me back already. I replied I did not get the call. Got home (10 hours later) a call was on my answering machine. She said she talked to housekeeping and they said they did not do that and she believes them and told me I was lying. I have no reason to lie. Thank goodness we had no valuable stuff in the room.

Room Tip: beeds are high so hard to get into if short.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Karla A

Thank you for the response! We do apologize the issues you had at our Hotel were not resolved within your time frame. It is our mission to resolve any guest issues in a timely manner. We hope you would give us another chance to prove we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was surprised by the quality and upscale looks, both inside and out, of this motel. The rooms are extremely nice for a motel in this price range. My room was less expensive than the Super 8 in Dickinson, which is a dump. Full, hot breakfast in the morning of waffles, eggs, sausage and many other items. A TV in the breakfast area would be a nice added touch.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank George E
StayAstoria, Director of Sales at Astoria Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback on the Astoria! We are glad that you liked your room and amenities. We will pass on to the appropriate person, the idea for the TV in the breakfast area. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I would like everyone to know that the Astoria Hotel in Dickinson has the most cordial and respectful staff a person could ask for, they went out of their way to make sure that our stay there was what it is supposed to be. I had to going to Dickinson for work and need a hotel to stay at. I saw the hotel from the interstate and decide to give it a try. I was greedy by the front desk. I told them I need a room and they were very helpful they when over room rates with me that were shockingly cheap. I thought I was going to sleeping it a dump but to my surprise the rooms are very nice it feel like I was stay at the Hilton Hotel in one of their $500.00 night room for one tenth the prices. The best thing about the Astoria is that it nears everything food, shopping and the interstate. They were beyond respectful, no matter what I asked of them, they tried their best to get it worked out. I will stay there again and the price is on the lower competitive side in Dickinson. Thank you Astoria Hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
StayAstoria, Director of Sales at Astoria Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments! We are overjoyed that you had a great experience here. We will look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Astoria Hotel in Dickinson, ND is a great change for this city. It's modern, CLEAN, and the service is great! Although the hotel is still in the process of completion, it surpasses the competition. The rooms have plenty of space for a family to reside in comfortably, and great amenities to make you feel like your "getting away" even if it's just for a business trip!

Room Tip: The showers in the suite are AMAZING!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MWPhoto701
StayAstoria, Director of Sales at Astoria Hotel & Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you so much for the feedback! The Hotel Lobby and Pool will be complete this week. We appreciate your business!!