“Not that expensive”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Dickinson
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was a nice, easy to find BW Hotel. I booked last minute and got a 2 queen bed unit for $130 on a Saturday night, Sept 8. Nice room, nice bathroom, nice breakfast, quick stay. Would stay again. Busy parking lot. Nice staff at front desk.

Room Tip: Note that this area is Mountain Time with DST, same as Alberta and Saskatchewan.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Frank B, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!
Management

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This room was very expensive, and not worth the price. I'm also not sure why it is a Best Western Plus, since the room was small compared to other places we stayed in 13 other states on the trip we just completed. The staff was not friendly at all. Not one person greeted us when we came arrived, or any time when we came through the lobby. The room was clean, but, despite having had a reservation for several weeks, when we arrived, NO air conditioning was on in the room, and it was in the mid 90's outside. It took almost all night for the room to cool off. The breakfast was standard fare, nothing great.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask them to turn on the air conditioning!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank doctorsadie
Frank B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

I sincerely apologize apologize for the air conditioning issue. Up until very recently, it has been our policy to keep the air conditioners on in anticipation of an impending arrival when the weather has been warm, but we received several complaints of the room being too cold. I am very sorry for your unhappy experience and can assure you we are working on implementing a solution aimed at keeping all of our guests happy. Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback. Frank Berry, General Manager.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We just stayed overnight on a trip to Rapid City. The reservation was screwed up but they quickly made it right. The pool was small but clean. The complex is well located and easy to get to. The parking lot is clean and well set up. The room was clean and had a DVD player. Bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was sub-par. Cool pancake machine, but eggs tasted like powder. I got the room for $169 and by the time taxes were paid it was almost $190. Nice place, price is ridiculous, would not stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Frank B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are very happy that your experience with us was a positive one.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed here after driving 22 hours from Oklahoma for my husband to put in an application with one of the oil companies in Williston, ND. We were exhausted and had called several hotels, we were lucky that this hotel had a room available. The front desk was very polite, quick and nice to deal with. We were allowed to check in early. The room was clean, no stain on the carpets of bedding, no holes in anything. The bathroom was clean with plenty of towels with soap and shampoo. I would say it was pretty quiet, especially for a place full of roughnecks and construction workers. The only draw back was the prices, $199 (w/ Tax) for a standard non-smoking king size. They are still too close to the oil boom I guess, rooms are hard to come by, especially cheap ones. That said it's a great place to say but if you are wanting a cheaper hotel, my suggestion is to try to stay as far from Williston as you can get.

Room Tip: Expensive for the room size but clean and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank OFTWify
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We very much hope to see you again in the future. Frank Berry, General Manager.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The staff is friendly and very helpful. I was told by my travel agent that the hotel was booked for my return trip and the lady at the desk made it possible for me to stay here when I returned for the month of August. The rooms are super clean and beds are comfortable. I stayed in the king suite and it was very nice. They have nice large television's. My only complaint if I had to have one is the internet was a bit slow, but other than that I have no complaints.

Room Tip: I truly had no real complaints. The staff is especially helpful. i had to switch rooms once during...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know that we made your stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to being of service to you in the future. Frank Berry, General Manager.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

You are in the middle of an Oil Boom. The price is high, but it is clean and the service is great. they remember you and will help you with what ever you need. I keep 2rroms reserved all year and any time I need another on, they make it work.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We found they are very very over priced. For a unit at that cost we would not expect to find the bathroom floor dirty, blood on the shower curtain, a chipped bath tub, and a few other minor irritants like very young inexperienced staff.
We would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Shrimp2
BWDickinson, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience during your stay.
As far as high room rates, they are mainly due to the high oil activity in North Dakota. We hope you give us a chance to serve you in the near future again.

Management