“The hotel has been recently renovated and had a much...”

Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Dickinson
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The hotel has been recently renovated and had a much cleaner up to date atmosphere than in the past. As a female business traveler, I apprecited that I was able to park close to the front doors of the lobby and that my room was not towars the back of the hotel. The front desk staff were very welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Christina H
Dominic G, General Manager at Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Christina,
It was a pleasure having you stay at our hotel during your most recent stay in Dickinson. It is always satisfying to know that our guest enjoyed their stay with us and view our staff in an optimistic way. Here at the Ramada we value our guest and are constantly renovated to keep our hotel up-to-date and eye catching.

Once again thank you for staying with us and thank you for leaving us such a sincere review.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very unprofessional. The staff was drinking and did not give us customer service. We paid our bill in full and still tipped. They cornered us and demanded a larger tip. They also threatened us if we did not tip them more. Even after being stunned, cornered, threatened and in shock we gave them more money. Fearful we left the establishment. We were then chased down by our server. She continued to insult us and curse at us. They charged our card by putting a larger tip on it (tip was not mandatory, they felt it was) we contacted the manager and she has not offered even an apology for our experience. That was the only compensation we asked for was an apology for being harassed at this establishment! She wouldn't even offer that! They have made it clear that it is ok for their staff to bully and threaten people in a corner for money. Underlying lawsuit? I think the physical abuse and being threatened if we don't tip more is grounds for an area of law under the general category of “Premises Liability Law” known as “Negligent Security Law.”

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Cmks02
Dominic G, Manager at Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Hello,
I am very disappointed in regards to your most recent experience here at our lounge and with our staff. Rude staff, poor customer service, and unlawful or unwelcome conduct is totally unexceptionable here and will not be tolerated. Everyone one of our customers are and should be treated equally with respect and shown hospitality, whether they are spending $1 or $500.

I am appreciative of you bringing this to my attention, and I can assure that this will not happen again and will be addressed immediately.

Please feel free to call the hotel and contact me at anytime to further discuss/resolve the matter.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lonnet R
Dominic G, Manager at Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Reviewed April 4, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Charles S
Dominic G, Manager at Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Disappointed there was no continental breakfast, probably will avoid your hotel in the future because of this.

Was overcharged for roll a ways...told $10 when I made reservations and then he charged $15 and told me reservervations can't quote prices

it was a warm , dry place to stay

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wynness H
Dominic G, Manager at Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

First, I want to start of by thanking you for taking the time out of your schedule to leave us a review. Secondly, I want to apologize for your most recent experience here at our hotel. Experience like yours is what we at the Ramada strive to avoid. Please do know that this is not a daily practice of our hotel and we 100% believe in quality, customer satisfaction and service.

Once again I apologize for your most recent experience here at our hotel and would like to correct this in the near future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is an older hotel that has had some remodeling done to spruce it up. The remodeling seemed to be done on the cheap. The food served was very poor both in the restaurant and the bar was terrible as was the service. The front desk personnel were actually very good and they were the best part of the experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jlciii
Dominic G, Manager at Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

I would like to first start of by apologizing due to your most recent experience here at our hotel; Furthermore, I do want you to know that this is not the norm of our hotel and we strongly believe in 100% customer satisfaction and service. I would greatly appreciate if you can call me at your most recent convenient so we can further discuss your concerns and issues.

Once again, I apologize for your most recent stay here at the hotel !!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Couldn't ask for more. I will be staying here again. The establishment is very clean, quiet, and professional. My room looked brand new and up to date. Dominic Goodman is a great manager and needs to run for president :~) or at least mayor.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you very much for speaking so highly of our hotel and so highly of me. Here at the Ramada we believe in putting customer, employees and service first.

By the way I will consider running for President or Mayor one of these days. :)