“First Trip to North Dakota”

Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Dickinson
A TripAdvisor Member
“First Trip to North Dakota”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Could not get the heater to come on so I left it on fan and pulled the comforter up. They do not have continental breakfast since this is a convention ceter. They do have a lounge and restaurant on site. I just did not realize how much hotels cost in North Dakota.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
site11560, Manager at Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Hello,
I am so sorry you had to had soo much negative experience during your first visit here in Dickinson ND. I would have been my pleasure to resolve your issues before you had left our hotel if I/we would have known. We believe in comfort and relaxation and if we can't give that to our guest they we (Ramada) are not relaxed or at comfort. We strive for making every guest happy and live for hospitality. I wish these issues were brought to my attention before you would have left so that we could have had the oppotunity to making your stay a more rmemorable one in a positive/relaxing way.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
SURPRISE
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The room was nice and service good. The breakfast left left a lot to be desired. Service was very slow and the food over cooked.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

1 Thank Don M
Hello Don,
It is nice to know that you were very please with our guest rooms; however, I notice that you were very upset not only with the quality of our food in the restaurant, but also its service. Please do know that this is by far not the norm of our restaurant, and for your experience I do apologize. Here at the Ramada we have ZERO tolerance for poor service and we will be addressing the matters and analysing new ways to avoid these kind or problems from occurring.
ORANGE CITY
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Ramada in Dickinson is probably over priced but this is not surprising given the market driven by the North Dakota oil boom. My room was in good shape and was decently cleaned. The bathroom was clean and in a nice condition too. The staff was helpful when I needed it, but surprisingly when I checked out no one asked me about my stay. Overall the facility seems well cared for and my room proved quiet which was important to my stay. I had breakfast in the hotel restaurant, the Spaghetti Western, and this was fine but nothing to write home about.

1 Thank DUANE J
Duane,
Thank you for leaving us such positive feedback. It is always nice to know a guest enjoyed their stay here at our hotel. Here at the Ramada we make it our number #1 priority that every guest are treated as if they are are only guest and with 100% customer service.
Once Again, Thank You for your positive review
ALEXANDER
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our only comments would be, the maid did not replenish our coffee products, and the pool water and pool room were very chilly for us and our baby. Otherwise our room was very spacious and clean. We will be back if we can..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank Shellye J
I am please to know that you enjoyed your stay with us; moreover, it is a pleasure to know that you were impress with our very spacious and clean rooms. I do apologize pool being very cold and the maids forgeting to replace your coffee products, hope this didnt caused you any issues.

Looking forward to seeing you again.
BISMARCK
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We have always enjoyed staying at the Ramada Grand Lodge in Dickinson. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and the restaurant is surprisingly good (most hotel restaurants aren't). I truly appreciate the consideration we have recieved in getting a ground floor room near an entrance and away from the pool to accomodate my elderly mother who is in a wheelchair.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank Rebecca Q
Thank you so much for viewing us as the best place to stay in Dickinson, it was a pleasure having you here as a guest. Here at the Ramada we live for making every guest stay and enjoyable one. Hope to see you again!
EDINBURG
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel advertises how good their lounge, Tuesday Night Comedy and Taco Sunday all over and nothing is working!!! The indoor swimming pool was closed and we were unable to use it for the two weeks there. They seem to thrive and work very hard in the rental and catering business of the different halls available but fail to assist the people staying there. They had some type of business advertisement going in the pool area for three days the first week and the swimming pool was kept closed over the weekend even though the function was over on Thursday and numerous people went to complain including myself. The swimming pool was covered with braces and plywood which took hotel five days to remove and when management did decide to remove it was done from 10:30pm -11:45pm and the utility trailer being used to load the braces and plywood was parked next to my window and it was very loud as they were stacking them besides making jokes and laughing while they worked!! I called the front desk to complain at around 11:00pm and the guy said he would check how much longer it would take? The noise kept going on for another 45 minutes and never once did front desk get back to me. I saw other people complain in the morning while getting coffee and all the front desk had to say was sorry even though management was there listening but failed to come forward and face the complaints. They were very much involved in the catering side of the business yet failed to take care of the tenants staying there. The hotel looks awesome when you walk-in but you walk into a nightmare the minute you check-in and arrive to your room. During my two weeks I saw four different complaints not including my complaint where the front desk personnel. The room where we were staying (room #107) was filthy and the ceiling was coming apart and stunk like mold every time they cleaned and vacuumed it. My wife would here the cleaning ladies knocking and saying "housekeeping" in every room, except ours... I would get back from work at around 4:00pm and had to walk out between 4:30pm-5:00pm so the lady could clean the room. Why would they clean the rest of the rooms around us early in the day except room #107? It made us wonder??? We would get a stuffy nose every night we stayed in that room and our nose would bleed when we tried to drain it while taking a shower every morning.
TRULY THE WORST HOTEL STAY EVER!!!!

3 Thank Alfredo H
site11560, General Manager at Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Hello Alfredo,

Let me first start of by thanking you for bringing to my attition your previous experience here at our hotel. Thank you for bringing to my attention your issues during your most recent stay here at the hotel.

I am also sad and apologize of the mere fact that your issues wasnt resolve before you leave the hotel.

Please do know that this is far from the NORM and here at the Ramada we take customer service very serious and believe in WOWING our guest in a positive way in everything we do. Sad to say that we failed to meet your needs as a guest and for that I am very sorry.

Here at the Ramada we believe in treating every guest and department equal. Sorry if it appeared as if we were leaning more towards the banquet and catering aspect of the hotel and ignoring that regular guest, believe me, that is not the case, we take hospitality very serious and want evey guest feel welcome with great service and a friendly smile.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further assist you or resolve this issue.

Travelers are raving about these Dickinson hotels

Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed August 24, 2012

When I first arrived at Grand Dakota, I was greeted by Ashlee at the front desk, and since it was early in the afternoon, she told me that it would be a short while before my room was ready and I was welcome to wait. She did this in a very friendly non-confrontational way that put me totally at ease, and even feeling positive about waiting for my room! When I again saw Ashlee, returning from my business appointments early the next afternoon, I told her that I would be leaving earlier than planned and she was free to rent my room for the night, even though I had paid for it through an on-line reservations service. She asked if I would allow her to look into getting a refund from the reservations service (Travelocity), and although I thought chances were small that this would be successful, I said that she could. While I was retrieving my belongings from my room, Ashlee was successful in getting a full refund for my stay, in a matter of minutes! In the course of our dealings, she was professional, cordial, polite, and the absolute epitome of great customer service. Because of Ashlee, I look forward to my next stay in Dickenson, ND at the Ramada Grand Dakota! Besides Ashlee, I found the facility to be beautiful and well-maintained, with my only dislike being the smoking-allowed lounge. It was overall, a great experience!

Room Tip: Ask for Ashlee!