“Almost Home Sweet Home”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Dickinson
Loveland, Colorado, United States
“Almost Home Sweet Home”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This lodging establishment is extremely well managed by Elaine Myran. I have stayed here 100 plus nights this past year and always recieve consistent, quality services. The staff is to be commended for their efficent customer focused service. The rooms are very comfortable, quiet, clean, and modern. The efficency of check-in and out is painless. Employees such as Shannon, Pet, Brittney, and Monique always have a smile on their faces and make you truly feel like a valued customer. I highly recommend this hotel and it will continue to be my first choice when staying in the Dickinson area.
Kirk Henry

Room Tip: All rooms are fairly equal.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kirk H
, General Manager at Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Hi Kirk,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such postive review on tripadvisor. I am highly please to know that our staff not only met your expecttions, but they also "WOWED" you while doing so. We appreciate your business and enjoy having you as guest here at the hotel. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
BISMARCK
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We had an all-employee meeting at the Grand Dakota Lodge. Location and parking was great, bathrooms well lighted and clean, front desk staff and Shannon the manager were great to work with. Only one glitch which Shannon and staff worked hard to resolve and finally were successful. We will definately have the meeting here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 602EDL602
Dominic G, Manager at Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I want to thank you for choosing us as your preferred hotel, and for specking so highly of us and our employees (Shannon), I will make sure pass the message on to him. Here at the Ramada, we believe that customer service and hospitality comes from within, so we strive to instill this in each and every employee that we have. Once again I am well please that you had a great experience with us and would like to thank you once again for leaving us with such positive review.

We are definitely looking forward to doing business with you in the future.
Dickinson, North Dakota
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Our customer training was held at the Ramada Grand Dakota Lodge in Dickinson. The hotel staff was exceptional! They ensured that all of our food, snacks, drinks, etc were served on time. They brought us anything we needed in a very timely manner and were very polite and friendly. Great job with customer service!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank J S
site11560, General Manager at Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us with such positive remarks. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Here at the Ramada seeing the customer/guest leave the hotel with a SMILE is more than satisfying for us it is an accomplishment. Thank yuou for patronizing our business and will be looking forward to seeing you again.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 20, 2012

If you plan to travel west stay at the hotel that's the best! Yes the front desk staff will assist
you in all of your business needs, accept FEDEX / UPS deliveries, help with all business needs.
I't refreshing when the Manager stops you and says hello, how's your stay? May I do any more to make your stay enjoyable? Dominique Goodman & Elaine Myron, General Manager are the King and Queen of the Hospitality Industry in Western North Dakota; BAR NONE; Give the staff at the Ramada the opportunity to make your long term stay a memorable one. No regrets.

Matt Casey

Room Tip: Call ahead of time and request a room with a pool view or a view to the west.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Matt C
Hello Mr. Casey,
It was indeed a pleasure having you staying here at the hotel. You feedback has always been valued here at the Ramada and has given us great insites on issues. I am well please that during your long stay here at the hotel, you had very positive things to say about the hotel. Here at the Ramada we eat, sleep, and breathe Hospitality.
new haven, ct
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed at this property for two nights as part of a conference (although the group didn't utilize the conference rooms at the hotel). We arrived at an ungodly hour and the desk staff (i.e., the lone desk jockey) was very nice. The place is clean and the rooms typical. Unlike what I think of most Ramadas, the lobby was quite comfy-cozy with a Western theme and fireplace, and the hotel is built around a courtyard (indoor pool/spa - latter not working and never saw anyone in the pool while there) with a spiral staircase leading down from upper floors. The inside rooms face this courtyard, which is a little strange, but nothing wrong with it.

The only negative I have is the maid service. I don't understand why they need to be so wasteful as to replace a perfectly good cake of soap daily, and then not even clean the desk and neglect to leave more tea and cups (there were only two paper cups to begin with and we actually had to fish a cup out of the top of the trash to take medicine the next day - sort of like George Costanza taking the eclair off the top of the garbage - I didn't appreciate that).

I would also recommend that you check the map for the location of your room before you slog through the long and confusing hall setup looking for it, as the numbers are not always logically placed and our room (126) wasn't anywhere near the 120s, but nestled in a hall with the sign "130-150" or the like.

Other than those minor oddities, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel. It is quite nice for the class.

It also is located in a newer commercial section outside of town, so near numerous restaurants, fast food joints and a mall (the Prairie Hills Mall, small but White Drug alone carries stuff no drug store in the east carries, from furniture to kitchen decor!)

Room Tip: If you want more privacy and to be able to open your curtains ask for an outside room. Inside room w...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sullific
Dominic G, Manager at Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you for bringing to our attention your likes and dislikes. We appreciated and look forward to feedback like this. I can assure you that these issues will be addressed immediately, and we do appreciate the fact the you enjoy staying at our hotel.

THANK YOU!!!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 22, 2011

My wife and I had left Pierre, SD the morning of Oct. 11, 2011. We arrived in Dickinson tired and hungry after driving all day. We soon learned that due to an influx of oil workers, hunters, and displaced flood victims the hotels were nearly all booked. After being turned away twice we tried the Ramada. The only room available was a standard, two queens, room at $179. Feeling desperate we took it and checked in. When we arrived at our room 108 we found that our key cards didn't work. I returned to the desk to inform them. Katie returned to our room with me and tested the keys, confirming the problem, and let us in using her master. She took the keys back to the front desk and promised to get new ones back to us. After 40 minutes I became inpatient, as we couldn't both leave the room to get our remaining luggage, nor could we both go find some dinner at the same time. We had no keys to get back in. I called the front desk and spoke to the gentleman, but he was not aware of the situation and promised to find out and call me back. After waiting 45 more minutes and not receiving a return call I began to fume. I marched up to the desk to find the gentleman busy with another guest, and Katie in another office talking to another employee. When she came out to assist me I had to remind her of my plight. She called "maintenance" to find out if they had fixed the problem (obviously they hadn't!). They said no. By then I was furious and exclaimed that we needed to get something to eat but couldn't leave our room. We had nothing to show that we were hotel guests, and couldn't get back into our room! Sensing my distress, and to her credit, Katie wrote out a $30 gift certificate to their restaurant and promised to let us back in if the key problem wasn't fixed by the time we were finished eating. An hour later we stopped by the front desk after eating. Katie was all smiles and told us the problem was fixed, and handed us two new keys. When we got to our room - - - - GUESS WHAT - - - they didn't work. I left my wife in the hallway and marched back up to the front desk to tell Katie the bad news. Katie got back on the telephone with "maintenance" while the gentleman walked back to the room with me and let us back in. Another 45 minutes passed when we got a knock on the door and two young men handed us new keys. I tested them and this time they worked. When we checked out the next morning it cost us nearly $200 for our Ramada experience.

It took them three hours to resolve our problem. I don't know who or what was to blame, but I do know that after traveling nearly 5,000 miles and staying at 13 different hotels this was the only bad experience we had. They just seemed unconcerned about our situation and their maintenance department obviously didn't take it seriously.

I realize that things sometimes happen, but when they do they become an opportunity for a business to show that they can provide excellent service. Ramada failed miserably on this score. I will never stay at one again under ANY circumstances.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Michael S
Dominic G, Manager at Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
I am so sorry that we did not meet or exceeded your expectation by making your stay pleasant and comfortable as possible. Moreover, I am very disappointed of the fact that your stay at our hotel was most dissatisfying out of all of your stays.

I do agree that problems happen; in addition, like you mentioned, this was a problem that should have been addressed immediately.

I do believe the front desk staff was trying to address/resolve the problem as soon as possible.

Please do believe that we strongly believe in 100% customer satisfaction, and that we wants to leave a positive lasting impression about our hotel in the minds of our entire guest.

Once again sorry for the disappointing experience, and please give our hotel or another Ramada the opportunity to show you that this was just a once in a lifetime mistake by the hotel/franchise.

Travelers are raving about these Dickinson hotels

Yorkton, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Spent our first night at the Ramada following a lengthy drive from Canada.
Reception staff were pleasant, polite, and very friendly.
Our room was spotless with lovely decor, two queen beds fridge and nice, white linens. The bathroom ameneties were of good quality.
We slept like the dead. Bed and pillows great.
Breakfast was not included but the restaurant on site suited us just fine.
We highly recommend this Ramada.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
gdlmgmt, Front Office Manager at Ramada Grand Dakota Hotel Dickinson, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that should you return to our area you will visit us again. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.