Tripadvisor
Snaith
Post
Inbox
Search

“Rude and hostile bar staff”
Review of The Brewers Arms

The Brewers Arms
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Snaith
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for a meal with family. Barmaid abruptly barked “you’ll have to wait” when asked to take our order. I think she realised that she was being rude and stressed that the till machine was taking a while. Bar maid then went on to say that there is a delay on food as there had been a lot of orders made at once (despite being just us and two other tables of two people). When asked how long the wait would be the look of disdain on her face showed that she didn’t really want to check. I then said to family we would go elsewhere as they had a better menu and that I didn’t appreciate how she had barked at my brother. To which she retaliated and tried to say that she had not been rude. I Then reminded her that people working in hospitality should be hospitable to which she said “I am smiling even though I am angry inside”. Quite why she was angry considering there was only two orders before us I cannot quite answer. Anyway we abruptly left and will never return. Such a shame however as we had frequented this place many times previously. Needless to say I’ll never return and will make sure that everyone I speak to about this place will hear this story!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (135)

Reviewed January 2, 2020

Thoroughly enjoyed our meal, had nachos to start, sea bass fishcakes and steak and ale pie main, Brandy snap with dark fruits and sticky toffee pudding desserts, very friendly pub too

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed October 9, 2019

Called in for tea, very good. Sausage and Yorkshire pud, one chicken diner, 2 ham and chips, one gammon and eggs. Service really good, food excellent. Pizza and chicken nuggets for children. Service great. Would recommend food and service.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 29, 2019 via mobile

This is a lovely pub, decor very nice. Clean throughout, very nice pint but unfortunatly the sunday dinner was appauling. It was luke warm, mash was over powerd with marg, roasts were overdone and hard, beef was tastless and extremly tough and veg was sparse and rubbery. For £10 not at all good. Sorry but you need to get your act together. Wont be back

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Jane R
Reviewed September 22, 2019

Decided to give it a try for Sunday lunch. We should have taken note of car park being empty! The place itself is really nice fine for a drink, but the food was terrible.
Every meal was cold and tasteless. Meat was extremely tough and you couldnt cut it! There was only 1 person serving behind the bar and also serving food. So meals coming out in bits, then veg, then gravy.
We asked for more gravey and to make it hot to warm meal up!
We asked waitress to pass our comments on to the kitchen, no sign of chef to apologise etc, and went to pay again no apology or acknowledgement about our dissatisfaction. Definately wont be returning and wouldnt recommend it!

Date of visit: September 2019