“Horrible stay”

Super 8 Devils Lake
Super 8 Devils Lake
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Devils Lake
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here feb 15 2013 because they had a pool. We were traveling with a 5 year old that wanted to swim. The pool was green and had particles floating on the top. The Hot tub had so much chemical in it we had to get out after 10 mins because 3 of us where starting to break out. Also When we first checked in went to the room and all you could smell was mold and smoke. So we moved to a different room. When I pulled the sheets down on the bed I seen a bunch of hair. I went and complained again and the desk clerk did nothing aka (owner of hotel).
We will never be back there again. They should not even beable to keep Super 8 as a name.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Yellow stain on the white bed sheet at the position of the waist, made me wonder if the sheets were even washed, Actually I would think they would had thrown the sheets out all together with that kind of stain. I slept in the other bed-i did not see stains on that. Floors felt rotted since the floor would sag in several areas when I stepped on it. I have stayed in several other Super 8's and they have been ok. I probably won't stay at this one again, instead drive to the Casino Hotel or Grand Forks instead. The bed stain really creeped me out, I should had left and went to another hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is not a place you would want to stay. I should have known better as soon as I entered the "lobby". It was small, doubled as the "breakfast" area, and was filthy. The hallways were filthy. The room itself was about average, and looked fairly well kept if you didn't look too closely. About 2 a.m. the noise began. It consisted of numerous doors slamming, continual knocking on doors, and loud voices in some foreign language. This finally began to diminish about 4, but started up again about 5. When we went down about 7:30, there were food scraps in the hallway, and the small breakfast area looked like a war zone (with no one in it). We opted to go on to Minot for breakfast. The only explanation offered in response to my observations to the manager was that these were foreign workers, working on a construction project, and that they were very messy. Never again.

Room Tip: Lots of luck with that.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
PRAVIN P, Owner at Super 8 Devils Lake, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

I am sorry that this situation occurred in our hotel. We were trying to quiet the construction workers. We do appreciate your business and we are in the process of updating our property. We work hard to keep our rooms clean and our breakfast plentiful. We would appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

As soon as I pulled up to this hotel I knew I was in for an interesting weekend. The hotel itself was uninviting. Being a house keeper in the past for a hotel back home I knew what to expect and what to look for in the rooms. But these house keepers didn't even try to hide their laziness. The floors were dirty. The air vent was very very old and I'm sure hadn't been cleaned out in years. Being that it was full of dust. I see someone poasted a picture of it. There was hair in the shower. All throughout the night my sheets wouldn't stay on the bed. So I ended up sleeping on the bait mattress most of the night. When I woke up I noticed the mattress was stained with a huge brown puke stain. My sister said the same about her room. The pool looks scarey. Needs to be painted. Looks like that's where they would film the next Halloween movie. Breakfast was bad. Nothing much good to be said. Over priced for what you get.

• Stayed: October 2012
A Wyndham traveler
STONEWALL
Reviewed October 12, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This motel is a poor representation of the Super 8 experience. The staff/owner wasn't friendly, didn't smile at all. The carpet in the room was dirty. The floor in the bathroom had new linoleum, but there were holes in the walls. The AC worked but the unit was old and noisy. The location was convenient.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I would never stay here again. This hotel gives a bad name to other Super 8's. The rooms were dirty, except the sheets were clean. The pool was so nasty, the water was brown. The entire hotel smelled nasty. And they wouldn't give me my rewards points because I didn't have my number with me. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012
Cobblestone Hotel & Suites Devils Lake
Sleep Inn & Suites Devils Lake
#1 of 1 in Devils Lake
#1 of 1 in Lakota

Been to Super 8 Devils Lake? Share your experiences!