“wheres the bakery”

Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Devils Lake
New Rockford, North Dakota
“wheres the bakery”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I would think a sign that says bakery would have a bakery in it. Three cookies on a plate and one loaf of bread is not my idea of a bakery. Very disapponited

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Kaymc526

North Dakota
“Clean, fresh and unique”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Offers fresh and attractive menu options for healthy eating. Relaxing and comfy setting.

Olympia, Washington
“The service soured the food.”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Driving up to this restaurant, I had high hopes. They bake their own bread and the food promised to be fresh and unique. Needless to say-I so wanted to like this place but ended up swearing never to return. It all started with the cold, apathetic 'oh crap, now I actually have to work' stare from the young lady at the front the moment my family walked in. We asked questions about the menu to which we received many shoulder shrugs and looks of annoyance. My Daughter and I ordered the schnitzel, my wife chose the Turkey burger and my youngest a simple PBJ. When we tasted the food, my wife and youngest Daughter thought it was quite good. The schnitzel however was really bland with hardly any seasoning. The side dishes of carrots and new potatoes were exceptional in flavor. We had spotted a cream gravy on the menu and thought it would go good with the schnitzel. When we ordered a side of gravy, we were met with an expression of horror. We paid a couple of dollars and we waited...and waited...and waited... Finally we asked where our order was and the response was 'well I wasn't really sure what you wanted' Really? It was at this point that I explained to another employee who was a bit more communicative what exactly we wanted-IE the gravy on the menu. She went off to make us some and as I stood there, The other two tweenie-boppers proceeded to complain to each other about customers like me who just spent over 40 dollars to eat bland food and to be treated rudely. Overall, I would avoid this place altogether and go somewhere that appreciates customers. Where I'm from there is a name for businesses like Kneadful Things...the name is 'Soon to be For Lease'

• Visited August 2011
4 Thank WesMartin
Dauphin, Canada
“Beautiful new bakery with a sitting area for light meals.”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

My wife and I were referred to this place by the operator of a local gas station. We are glad he did! This brand new building offered the usual bakery goodies as well as a wonderful sandwich and soup lunch. They split a large sandwich and salad our request and we found it fresh and well made. The mushroom soup was also very flavorful. The staff were helpful with recommendations and made us feel at home. Comfortable atmosphere topped it off as a place to have a lunch as we traveled through the state. Recommended!

• Visited June 2011