“Friendly staff with great rooms and accomidations”

Fireside Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Devils Lake
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My Husband & I stay at the Fireside Inn at least once a year when we travel home for the holidays.They always have friendly staff and their rooms are always clean and cozy. We look forward to our stay there this summer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
MinnesotaMitch, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Autumn,

Thank you so much for the reply. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your stay even more comfortable.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I’m no stranger to business class hotels. To be honest, I’ve never written a review for one before. Typically, if I come up against issues I simply don’t return. Over the course of the last year I’ve spent approximately 18 weeks in Devils Lake on business. Even though I could stay at any hotel in town I choose to say at the Fireside Inn.

They’ve got all of the basics covered.
1. Fast and reliable internet throughout the building.
2. Breakfast is better here than most hotels.
3. The 40+ inch flat panel TV with HBO in every room.
4. Free local calls.
5. Indoor pool and hot tub.
6. Clean and comfortable rooms.
7. An overall great value.

This is why I prefer to stay at the Fireside Inn:
1. Great staff. They’re willing to go the extra mile.
2. The gym facilities… You won’t find the typical hotel gym here. You know the usual treadmill and exercise bike-- The Fireside Inn contracts with Mercy Physical Fitness for use of their facilities. I really enjoy working out at a real gym.
3. The Concierge Room, which is open from Monday through Thursday evenings every week. They provide complimentary wine and beer, not to mention great tasting snacks. I really enjoy socializing with the other guests. Thanks Helen!
4. Maid service is friendly and efficient. The rooms are always squeaky clean. Thanks Teresa!
5. I also like the fresh baked cookies at the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank thdzsm

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!!! We appreciate your business and we cannot thank you enough for your detailed and pleasant comments.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 16, 2013

A family member recently moved to Devils Lake so we will be going there often to visit. We had stayed at a well-known chain hotel on our previous visit but decided to give the Fireside a try. It is a privately owned hotel, not a chain or franchise, which we liked right off the bat. The cost was more economical, rooms were fine, staff friendly, pool area nice and the hot breakfast was top of the line! This will be our "home away from home" while in Devils Lake!

Room Tip: There are rooms available adjacent to the pool area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Hi Joan,

We are glad to hear that you are going to stay again. We are so proud to be your home away from home!

Thank you so much!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My wife and I had gone to British Columbia to purchase a car and drive it back home to Manitoba. We chose to return home through the states from Washington to North Dakota making it into a five day trip. We stayed at five different motel chains along the way, but this was by far the best. Upon check in we were given complementary drink and appetizer tickets, the room was updated with the most comfortable bed and a great breakfast selection before hitting the road in the morning. Five plus star motel.

Room Tip: Some rooms were updated in the last two years. Ask for them. Couple of dollars more but well worth i...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lance S

Hello Lance,

Thank you for choosing us, we value your feedback. Also, thanks for the five plus star rating!

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2013

If you need a hotel in Devils Lake stay here. Very nice motel and the customer service
is top notch. The swimming pool and hot tub are very clean. There is an excellent breakfast. The rooms are very nice and have plenty of outlets for charging.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mjbAfton
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed here just one night (after a NOT happy booking at Davis Motel - yuck-O). Room was modernized and clean, staff was helpful and happy, cocktail/snacks for adults a nice touch, and a decent breakfast. We were able to use the grill out by the play equipment, and enjoyed a pleasant dinner in the dining area (alas, the Lemna water processing plant was gassing off on this VERY hot evening, so eating outside on the picnic tables wasn't an option). Other family travelling with small dog stayed in a not-yet-renovated room, and they were fine with that. Glad we found this place, and tho' we don't expect to return in the future to Devil's Lake, are happy to recommend it to other.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CopperDogMom
Reviewed August 7, 2013

First off, I need to say that I would recommend staying at the Fireside Inn & Suites in Devils Lake. I stayed with a friend for a weekend outing. We weren't in the motel a lot. But when we were there, it was very comfortable.
The staff was very nice. They welcomed you at check inn and were very helpful.
We had a room that was considered a suite--2 queen size beds with a sofa in a separate area. The room was very nice. There was lots of room to move around--you weren't cramped with limited space. The room was very clean and fresh. It wasn't too cold or too hot when we checked in. The room temp was just right.
The beds were very comfortable. The only drawback was when you rolled over in bed, the sheets were a bit noisy. But that was very minor. The pillows were good. They had 4 on each bed. Two were softer than the others, giving you a choice of pillows.
The bathroom was a little cramped with the toilet right in front of the tub. But that was something you could deal with.
If you have a room considered a suite, you have 2 TVs. One big flat screen in front of the beds. The second is a smaller flat screen in the sitting area.
The breakfast was delicious. They served a hot meal with waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage links, bagels, muffins, cereal and more. It was much better than what most motels offer.
I can't comment on the pool area as we didn't spend time there. I did see a sign that said there's hours for adults only, meaning peace and quiet if you don't want to be in the water when kids are playing.
Overall I would highly recommend staying at this motel. I know I would stay again without a question.

Room Tip: Suite rooms have a little more space.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1 mi away
Sleep Inn & Suites Devils Lake
#1 of 1 in Devils Lake
#1 of 1 in Lakota

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!