“Penang - A Wonderful Place”
Review of Entopia

and up
Entopia Admission Ticket
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Entopia, a tropical sanctuary for our planet's little denizens from those that fly freely in the sky to the ones that creep stealthily beneath the ground. Journey into a magical paradise that honours the unsung heroes of our natural world with plenty to discover from outdoor adventures to cavernous mysteries and a multi-storey Indoor Discovery Centre. Live the moment with exciting interactive workshops and activities. There's something for everyone. Join us to experience the seen and unseen in Nature. We are the voice of nature.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This review I am not just writing about the Butterfly Farm. I want to write about overall my trip to Penang, which is one of my favorite destinations, ever visited or will be visited.

I choose Malaysia as my first touristic destination and Penang was my 1st point other than various places in my own country and the country where I based for employment (Saudi Arabia). The reason behind choosing Penang as 1st destination is that when I studied in my primary school there was a chapter about Penang, I don't know who was the author and the chapter was titled :An Evening in Penang". It was describing Penang in general and Batu Ferrungi beach particularly. Then itself it was cemented in my mind and remains a dream to visit Penang once.

I plan my travel with my wife and two daughters, but a before the trip begins my flight (Saudia) got cancelled from Riyadh to KUL, then I had to change my itinerary via Dubai on Emirates. Due to this change in flight, my Air Asia connection to Penang was not possible. I have arranged my tour guide/Driver at Penang to pick us up from KUL Airport. Our 5 hours journey from KUL to Penang on road was the most memorable event in our trip. There are lots of greeneries, hills, estates, plantations, marble and granite cutting areas and many more eye catching attractions on both the side of the KUL - Penang highway. On the way we took 1 hour break in a food courts which serves very delicious foods of different types such as Malaya, Indian, Chinese and so on.

In general all attractions in Penang, Batu Ferringi beach, the night market, Recycling Budda, Historic George town, Penang Hill, Penang Bridge, Komtar, Botanical Garden, Kek Lok Si Temple, Butterfly Farm and of course the street food are very good and the good memories of them are still in my mind. I will definitely pay another visit to Penang, I don't know when, but I am sure once.

1  Thank Movarip
PenangButterflyFarm, Public Relations Manager at Entopia, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Hi,

All of us at Penang Butterfly Farm would like to send our appreciation for allowing us to be part of your memorable Penang Island trip.

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experiences and we hope to see you again on your next visit.

Cheers!

-Penang Butterfly Farm

Write a ReviewReviews (1,330)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"couple of hours"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

It is the world’s first tropical live butterfly sanctuary as claimed at the entrance’s signboard overhead. It is interesting and educational to witness the life cycle of butterfly.

My nieces and nephew had great fun there. Probably my second niece’s flowers on her sandal look so real that it did attract a butterfly to stick to her foot while she was taking photos with the other kids. She was frightened yet we were amused.

There are also display of some other insects and reptiles. It is so good to have a brief introduction for each species.

Hi,

First of all, thank you for sharing all about your fun trip to Penang Butterfly Farm.

Indeed, Penang Butterfly Farm is the first ever live butterfly sanctuary in the tropical region and was established in 1986 by Mr. David Goh who has a great interest in these beautiful flying insects.

Since then, we strive hard to create the realization of joy by being with Nature for all our visitors. With our whole team of nature loving people, Penang Butterfly Farm will continue to carry its mission, ensuring every step is a step towards attaining harmony between Human and Mother Nature.

Cheers!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Definitely worth seeing. 27 RM is not a fortune but really good investment here. Area maybe not so big but as for the closed piece of jungle and all these butterflies all around - grat, just great effort to show and learn how this can look like.
Not only butterflies are living here - you can alse met spiders, other interesting insects, as well as few animals.
too less Descriptions IMHO - lot of butterfiles but few described in details, 20 others - not necessary. Must note very good educational aspects, class program, movies... Souvenir shop quite interesting, you can have your own bug, butterfly or insect as well as crystals or minerals, but better check for your country customs rules before you buy, otherwise it will be very very unpleasant.
NO good restaurant there, minor bars only.
Secure drink water for the journey especially for children - open area is a piece of jungle despite high humidity is really hot.
Children - they must be aware - since not all have tolerance... I've seen lot of them crying just due the butterfly closing... what will be if they see the malaysian scorpion or tarantulas...

PenangButterflyFarm, Public Relations Manager at Entopia, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Hi,
The management and staff of Penang Butterfly Farm is happy to hear about your wonderful experience with us.

We strive hard to create the realization of joy by being with Nature for all our visitors. With its whole team of nature loving people, Penang Butterfly Farm will continue to carry its mission, ensuring every step is a step towards attaining harmony between Human and Mother Nature.

On your next visit, don't forget to catch one of our Nature Talks or ask about what learning activities we have in store for the day. We are always innovating new learning experiences for our visitors.

Have a great day ahead!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We (my sister and I) visited the Butterfly Farm as part of a private tour around some of the sights and thought it was fantastic. Cost was 25 MYR (about $8 AUS) and was definitely money well spent. The staff were very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The place was set out great and had a "hands on" section where one of the guides would place a caterpillar on your hand if you were game! There was quite a lot of educational material and would be a great experience for families with kids too. Highly recommended :)

PenangButterflyFarm, Public Relations Manager at Entopia, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Hi,

Well wishes from Penang Butterfly Farm!
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us.

All our staff and Nature Specialists are always eager to help to make each visit a memorable one.

It is our pleasure to provide you with our current published rate which is at RM27 for Adults and RM15 for Children.

Again, thank you and have a pleasant day!