“Great wine, decent prices”
Review of Maple River Winery

Maple River Winery
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Casselton
More attraction details
Owner description: We operate a small boutique winery in historic downtown Casselton, ND. Our tasting room is open Monday through Saturday 9am to 5pm year around. We have over 200 locally made products in our gift shop so our visitors can bring home a great taste of North Dakota. Whether it is award winning wine, hand crafted jams, jellies and sauces, or just down home friendly service....drop by and say hi or visit our website.
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Great selection of local fruit wines, including some very unusual ones like dandelion wine and lilac blossom wine. Decent prices (about $10 a bottle when buying a case of 12).

There are newer reviews for Maple River Winery

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Small retail space on the main street of a quaint town (no winemaking on site, at least that we saw), but worth stopping because of the uniqueness of the wines. Please understand that these are not "fine wines" in the conventional sense, but they are probably the best fruit wines I have ever tasted. There is a wide variety of flavors (including rhubarb, strawberry rhubarb, elderberry, chokecherry, apple, aronia, gooseberry, dandelion and about 10 others), ranging from dry to sweet, all with unique and intense flavors (and none that I tried tasting like common syrupy or "flavored" wines). And to be honest, I don't even like fruity wines (but these were good!).

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Space is nothing worth visiting and the wine is interesting as a novelty only -- not horrible but not for any serious wine drinker..

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I sent a basket, no shipping, to my brother out of state. It was delivered quickly and was very well recieved. They really enjoyed the ruhbarb wine.

1  Thank fargonative
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My daughter and I stopped in while on a business/vacation trip through the upper midwest. She is a writer and clever in finding the obscure. This winery was on her "bucket list" of stops as we drove. wonderful we both exclaimed on the varieties we found. We brought back a case of mixed fruit wines to share with friends....just reordered... I usually serve as a digestif before or as dessert!